Page 1 of 28
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

MOP, horrible xpac with terrible design decisions...

So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

A list of terrible issues.

1) Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    3) PVP is a complete disaster.

I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.

*** EDIT*** I do not play WOW, so please stop telling me how to play (play on pve server, dailies are optional etc.)

My final score for this xpac is a 2/10 ( a pretty fair assessment imo , and based on things that im reading I WILL NOT be recommending it to my friends.
    Last edited by Aurust; 2012-11-07 at 01:02 AM.

1. You don't have to do them.
    2. Avoid CRZ zones.
    3. PVP has always been imbalanced. As long as there are different classes it will remain imbalanced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    1. Opinions
    2. Opinions
    3. Opinions

Yeah, ok.
    What are we discussing again? The same topic as yesterday and the day before I guess?

1. There is always a grind in each expansion. You think this one is bad?
    2. If you didn't want to be ganked you shouldn't have went on a PvP server.
    3. PvP is never balanced.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    CRZ = huge desaster . Absolutly hate them .

Brawler guild invites depending of the quantity of gold you have = horrible decision.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.

1. its not forced u have the option of not doing them, u dont need to spam every single daily everyday in order to keep up with charms just something to do... i think its a great idea
    2.completely agree about the crz just ruins leveling experience and makes it impossible to farm some low level mats
    3.ye pvp has allways been kinda........... lets just say not balanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    1. There is always a grind in each expansion. You think this one is bad?
    2. If you didn't want to be ganked you shouldn't have went on a PvP server.
    3. PvP is never balanced.
    And all that helps the game, how, especially #3?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

1.) You dont have to do them all at once. I focused on 1 rep at a time, and even in a raiding guild thats ok.

2.) You could either avoid CRZ zones or NOT play on a pvp server. Or move to one of the smaller PVE servers.

3.) PvP has always been terrible. If you want a PVP environment, you might wanna go somewhere else. WoW has never been able to pride itself on its PvP environment.
    Senior Officer of the FFXIV:ARR chapter of the Philanthropy Gaming community. Come say hello!

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    CRZ = huge desaster . Absolutly hate them .

Brawler guild invites depending of the quantity of gold you have = horrible decision.
    In your opinion*

10+ Year Old Account
    I know you never ever played MoP to give these statements yourself. I recognize your signature; you've hated on the expansion since it's been announced. As far as I'm concerned, you just searched the forums for common criticisms to parrot and are trying to amplify them.
    Last edited by SunspotAnims; 2012-11-04 at 04:33 PM.

Anytime someone complains about long rep grinds, I figure they must have ignored or forgotten about Netherwing Ledge. I remember doing Netherwing for a good 30 days to hit exalted or the like (Albeit, with the extra eggs). These rep grinds are mostly a joke compared to that. I'm not saying that it makes rep grinding 'okay because of how it was in BC' but... getting multiple things to Revered within a week or so isn't really all that bad these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post

Well at least there is hope for you - sounds like your blinders might have started falling off.

No seriously - different strokes for different folks. I guarentee you that your list of 3 things you hate about this x-pac there are 1 million wow players who when asked to list their 3 favorite things about this x-pac would be your same list.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Well at least there is hope for you - sounds like your blinders might have started falling off.

No seriously - different strokes for different folks. I guarentee you that your list of 3 things you hate about this x-pac there are 1 million wow players who when asked to list their 3 favorite things about this x-pac would be your same list.
    Yarr.

People just can't understand other people sometimes.

It's like how the people who now hate the game don't understand how so many still love it, and vice versa.

Ok thanks for your opinion. I am going to go make a new thread about my opinion now.

Is it just me or have anyone else barely noticed CRZ? I only leveled 85-90 and done pet battles to 25. but have not seen any imbalanced zones

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    Is it just me or have anyone else barely noticed CRZ? I only leveled 85-90 and done pet battles to 25. but have not seen any imbalanced zones
    Probably cause there is no CRZ in pandaria at the moment.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I lvled a monk all the way up to 85 (not started on Pandaria yet, as my net is utter crap). I had no problems with CRZ at any time. Some other people ran past me now and then, and I saw some people who took some of the mobs I needed for a quest. In other words, what you should be able to expect from CRZ. The whining has gone way out of proportions over CRZ when its hardly noticeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of the CRZ. I understand the purpose and it works well, just not to my liking.
    As for the rest of the Expac, I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
    Cthulhu 2024, why vote for a lesser evil

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed an increase of players, but never as much as other people make it seem. Maybe it's just my server, but with CRZ, the world is about as populated as my server's world was early-mid Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm liking this expansion loads more than cata...and I actually enjoyed the first tier of that expansion as well.

1. Dailies are not a pain...they are only a pain if you have no self-control.

2. I have not noticed any detrimental effects from CRZ, granted I have not been out of Pandaria much and have not noticed its implementation there too much.

3. PvP is what it is...there will never be a PVP season people do not complain about for several reasons. I do not PvP competitively, but I have not noticedtoo much imbalance in randoms (I do not doubt it is worse in rateds and arenas, I just think anyone whose opinions of an expansion have been dashed because of PvP imbalance is someone complaining that staring at the sun hurts their eyes.
    "Brevity is...wit"