Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Any tips from locks able to do 100k+ on Garalon ?
    Was unable to pull more then 80k tonight, even though we killed it, i am just really unhappy with that fight as lock -_-. Going from 1-2 place to last was a pain.

No kiting.
    Soul Swapping on legs once inside the bubble, if it spawns close enough. Single target on boss, without dotting the legs. Thats what i did. 75-80k, 480ilvl.
    "DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

Quote Originally Posted by Gootgot View Post
    Any tips from locks able to do 100k+ on Garalon ?
    Was unable to pull more then 80k tonight, even though we killed it, i am just really unhappy with that fight as lock -_-. Going from 1-2 place to last was a pain.

No kiting.
    Soul Swapping on legs once inside the bubble, if it spawns close enough. Single target on boss, without dotting the legs. Thats what i did. 75-80k, 480ilvl.
    I got 109k but that was as Demo and my raid leader had me on my own leg. Can't wait for next week =P I have 481 Ilvl. I don't think you can break 100k in 10m if you are a kiter and not assigned to your own leg. I messed up alot and didnt abuse Doom on the tank's leg. I got 2nd on it.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...ology_Warlock/
    Last edited by Ravoks; 2012-11-15 at 12:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Besides, the alternative is AV, and while you can use it while under voodoo doll, I highly doubt it would be worth more damage in the end considering how pitiful the damage done by it actually is.
    I think this is the biggest argument for MF in any fight where it's recommended.

It's not that MF is gamebreakingly good, it's that AV is pitifully weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I think this is the biggest argument for MF in any fight where it's recommended.

It's not that MF is gamebreakingly good, it's that AV is pitifully weak.
    Yeah, it's a big issue I have with the class. I mean, I know it sucks that mages are balanced around their 90 talents (although God forbid that happen, so mages just get blanket buffed before 90...) but the thing with our 90 talents isn't that they are so gamebreaking that everything else we do is balanced around them... it's that they really don't do much of anything at all.

That and I'm probably officially retired from high-end play on this class until I never see the phrase "passive disabled while on cooldown" again.

Looking for tips on heroic will. Is there anything I can do with the sparks and is aff the best spec for this is would destro with havoc be the way to go?

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite trick this entire tier.

On the Blade Lord Place your gate way on where he will go to when he get to 10%. And the other side as far away as possible inside the wind that pushes you back.

Makes getting to the second platform a breeze(HA!)

And now with the clickable gateway, it works even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonala View Post
    Looking for tips on heroic will. Is there anything I can do with the sparks and is aff the best spec for this is would destro with havoc be the way to go?
    Aff bar none. Dot anything and everything, including sparks.

10+ Year Old Account
    i do this for the other members of the raid, but at 11-12% you can refresh your dots and ride the current to the other side and be waiting for him

Just in case anyone isn't aware, there are warlock specific dps guides for several encounters of this tier available in the Affliction Warlock thread at the top, including Elegon, Wind Lord, Will of the Emperor and some others.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...ature=view_all

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    My favorite trick this entire tier.

On the Blade Lord Place your gate way on where he will go to when he get to 10%. And the other side as far away as possible inside the wind that pushes you back.

Makes getting to the second platform a breeze(HA!)

And now with the clickable gateway, it works even better.
    Why would you do that to the 10-0% side? Our dps leaves early, around 11-12%, and runs down the wind stream on the side for increased speed and no tornadoes to dodge while the tanks push that final bit with help from everyone's dots. If you time it right you get there just as he does, worst case you step out of the wind stream before it changes directions and walk the final 20 yards or so. I put mine at the 20% side before the fight starts and place my portal at the one in the middle of the area, glyph for instant gateway, and I cover the final ~100 yards near instantly.

For Garalon I focus the body during the initial pull. With everyone prepotted and bloodlusted legs aren't up long enough and it feels like a waste to do anything more than dot them and stand in double damage. As soon as they start respawning I go to the leg and sb:ss them and continue on my way with the boss. If that sb:ss lines up with procs I will haunt and mg the leg, if it doesn't I switch back and let others hit the legs harder than I would for increased raid dps. On our first kill I think I was just under 100k with only 28% of that damage to legs. Upping personal numbers on that fight is pretty simple, hit the legs, but that doesn't necessarily translate into increased raid dps.