1. #1

    Help with ele dps on Garalon

    Our ele is underperforming, and myself and the GM don't know how to play ele shaman at all to analyze the logs. We're wiping to enrage on Garalon - a few of us could be performing better, but the shaman is the clear outlier. Earlier attempts he was kiting, later attempts he was not.


    Logs


    Armory


    WoL shows eles doing fine, what I want to know is if theres something easily fixable, or is it the case that he basically doesn't know how to play his class - in which case we're going to need to replace him.



    Edit- disregard, other officer posted as well (after I did) because he's a derplord.
    Last edited by dennisdkramer; 2012-11-11 at 09:54 PM.

  2. #2
    Flame Shock uptime, he needs to have Flame Shock up all the time.

  3. #3
    he is healing and wasting gcd to keep everyone up, he healing surged 4 times to keep himself and one other from dieing as well as dropping healing raid to help the raid healers keep everyone up.

  4. #4
    How do you guys manage to DPS the legs properly? WHen I do it, the legs hitbox moves around all over the place, and when my casts finish I often don't face the hitbox - making me waste DPS

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Enaina View Post
    How do you guys manage to DPS the legs properly? WHen I do it, the legs hitbox moves around all over the place, and when my casts finish I often don't face the hitbox - making me waste DPS
    Instead of trying to get all up in the leg's face (whatnow) just stand at the edge of the circle facting towards the boss.

  6. #6
    Why on earth would you want to DPS the legs anyways as Elemental? Apart from the start that is.

    If you say padding meters you can just leave. Now.

    Or I guess if you have no cleaving melee/multidotters it would be "ok".

    EDIT: That being said, his DPS is indeed a bit low. One reason for this is that he is off-healing quite a bit. Dropping Healing Rains, casting Healing Surges and dropping Healing Stream Totem quite often... Which is not bad in itself if your healers are REALLY struggling to keep people up.

    His FS uptime could use some improving, at least. It's really low on some attempts (below 90-80% when it should be at least 95%).
    There is not really anything wrong with his gear, either.
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2012-11-13 at 07:45 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    Why on earth would you want to DPS the legs anyways as Elemental? Apart from the start that is.
    Legs take 100% more damage.

    Get your facts right before acting like a smart ass. Now.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Enaina View Post
    Legs take 100% more damage.

    Get your facts right before acting like a smart ass. Now.
    only when the attacker is within 12 yards of the leg, which means most casters usually stay in the middle of the room and DPS the body, because they don't have the mobility to attack the legs. maybe elemental shamans with unleashed lightning glyph could do medium DPS, but apart from that...

    pot, meet kettle.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

  9. #9
    Brewmaster ridish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,461
    I don't know about shamans but when i do this fight we get the randged to drop the pools and to just nuke the main body. Only the melee go for the legs. This is probably the best way to do it since atleast mages got shitty mobility : /

  10. #10
    Well first off your mages are doing appalling. That I can comment on because I play one myself. No feral druid should be beating your mages. And neither of them should be frost.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 12:08 PM ----------

    Then again maybe on garalon s feral COULD beat a mage. But still your mages averages on that fight are low.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 12:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    I don't know about shamans but when i do this fight we get the randged to drop the pools and to just nuke the main body. Only the melee go for the legs. This is probably the best way to do it since atleast mages got shitty mobility : /
    Mages fire mobility is amazing. Especially as fire! You just replace fireball for scorch. You can still Bomb, IB and Pyro.
    Last edited by Redcinder; 2012-11-13 at 12:09 PM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Enaina View Post
    Legs take 100% more damage.

    Get your facts right before acting like a smart ass. Now.
    You should leave the legs for the cleavers and melee to handle. Ranged should be on the boss only apart from the start when you get down all the legs ASAP.

    Even after the nerfs cleavers can easily kill the legs fast enough while still cleaving damage onto the boss. Just let them have the damn legs.

    Personally I just start on the boss while running towards a leg and once I get to the blue circle I start nuking the first leg. Once that one is down I just go onto the boss for the rest of the fight while the melee and mages do their thing with the legs.

    But well, if you want to "gimp" your cleavers and pad the meters... sure, just stay on the legs the whole fight, lol.
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2012-11-13 at 01:05 PM.

  12. #12
    Brewmaster Cairm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montréal, Canada
    Posts
    1,423
    I did Garalon myself all night long last night. Pushing constant 80-95k dps. All i can say is, yes you dps the body most of the time. But when there is a front right leg or back left leg up (the one that should be closer the the middle). I just get in the circles and dps the leg down. Its 100% more damage that the boss will end up taking. Or course you can just dps the boss's body, but then i doubt you'll push more then 60-70k with the crush now and then.

    Multi-dot the body and a leg thats close, and focus said leg if its close to you. Make sure you take stoneshield totem, ancestral guidance for heal and self defense and all other things remaining the same, you should be able to push at the very least 75k dps. I did end up trowing some healing surge at some point, but nothing that would make my dps go down to 50k dps

  13. #13
    If he's used to enh then why is he ele on this fight ? As i remember damage done to legs is transfered to body. His FS uptime is causing non-crit LvBs, he is using mrrobot to reforge (bad ideea). Ask him why he reforged mastery to haste on boots ?

    Overall, tell him to study more about ele not just look at gear choices, it's a huge step from enh. Unlike enh when u press the first shining ability that comes up, ele has to check a few conditions, like LvB ONLY if FS up.
    He is using the FET glyph and i hope he knows why. The only reason is that he is troll and 3min FET lines up really good with his CDs. Racial+FET+Ascendance when lust is not up (racial+lust+ascendance caps LvB resulting in DPS loss).
    Healing; just because he can doesn`t mean he should do it. Ask him to completly stop healing, that lost DPS to heal may be the difference between a kill and a wipe to enrage. Whip the healers to do better and raid to take less damage overall.
    Lavalash totem is a pretty strong raid CD and your shamans have to time is so that they both don`t drop it at the same time.
    He used 2 pots !! Pre-pot and pot with CDs on every attempt is a mandatory thing for ele and any other DPS classes for that matter.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    Why on earth would you want to DPS the legs anyways as Elemental? Apart from the start that is.

    If you say padding meters you can just leave. Now.
    In 10m ranged with good movement is dpsing the leg EOD.

  15. #15
    Pandaren Monk Myz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,774
    Tell me how good our movement is outside of SG? If you're lucky on procs you might pull it off as ele, but I agree that even in 10man it's best to stay on the boss outside of the first set of legs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •