1. #1

    A question about lightning bolt

    as a 2.5s cast spell, is the damage too low? just because we have overload?


    Incinerate is 2s cast with 1496+140%sp and get energy to cast chaos bolt
    Fireball is 2.2s cast with 1562+150%sp and can get free Pyroblast
    Wrath is 2s cast with (2248+102.7%sp)*110% in monkin ======2472.8+112.97%
    then shaman 1177+68.4%sp, and for ele======1765.5+102.6%………………
    Last edited by roger_66; 2012-11-12 at 01:55 AM.

  2. #2
    Between the big numbers generated by LvB, it does feel quite low. Rather than upping the damage I'd prefer they do something creative like making it hit for 30% (or something) more as a dot that can roll like an ignite, or etc. Would certianly give us a choice to delay the next LvB to keep the dot rolling. I'm probably just crazy though.
    Last edited by Moxal; 2012-11-10 at 07:17 AM.
    Healing Priest/Shaman

  3. #3
    I'm assuming you're talking about ele (because only ele gets overloads), in which case lightning bolt is a 2.0 second cast.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxal View Post
    Between the big numbers generated by LvB, it does feel quite low. Rather than upping the damage I'd prefer they do something creative like making it hit for 30% (or something) more as a dot that can roll like an ignite, or etc. Would certianly give us a choice to delay the next LvB to keep the dot rolling. I'm probably just crazy though.
    i agree! we just have one dot, and searing totem are always Unsatisfactory, but the most important thing is lb is to low! we'd better talk to GC!!!!

  5. #5
    With the 250% Crits, the Mastery proc, Rolling Thunder procs for Fulmination and the fact its a 2 second cast not a 2.5 second cast as Elemental, its damage is pretty fine. You have to take into account the effects abilities have when talking about their damage, not just the Yellow number that appears on your screen.


  6. #6
    It can also be cast on the move with Glyph of Unleashed lightning

    Hits like wet noodles in PvP though

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainreactor View Post
    It can also be cast on the move with Glyph of Unleashed lightning

    Hits like wet noodles in PvP though
    Yeah, although you won't really be casting it much in pvp anyway, there's always something better to do like purge, drop a totem, elemental blast, shock, lvb etc.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    With the 250% Crits, the Mastery proc, Rolling Thunder procs for Fulmination and the fact its a 2 second cast not a 2.5 second cast as Elemental, its damage is pretty fine. You have to take into account the effects abilities have when talking about their damage, not just the Yellow number that appears on your screen.
    so how do u think about destruction warlock and fire mage?
    Incinerate is 2s cast with 1496+140%sp and get energy to cast chaos bolt
    Fireball is 2.2s cast with 1562+150%sp and can get free Pyroblast
    Wrath is 2s cast with (2248+102.7%sp)*110% in monkin ======2472.8+112.97%
    then shaman 1177+68.4%sp, and for ele======1765.5+102.6%………………

    and how high the crit rank u can have?

    i gave up my haste,can just have 40%+ overload and 25% crit in raid, but just 8% haste
    Last edited by roger_66; 2012-11-12 at 01:58 AM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    With the 250% Crits, the Mastery proc, Rolling Thunder procs for Fulmination and the fact its a 2 second cast not a 2.5 second cast as Elemental, its damage is pretty fine. You have to take into account the effects abilities have when talking about their damage, not just the Yellow number that appears on your screen.
    this, lightning bolt is so much more with overloads, gigantic(but rare) crits, and (echos if talented) and rolling thunder stacks.

    only thing i dislike is our tier bonuses basically contradicting each other.

    when you cast fulmination you would otherwise be casting lightning bolt if you didn't have 7 charges, so basically 4 set bonus lowers the damage of the 2 set bonus, and of course during ascendance your tier bonus is basically turned off completely i'm hoping to see something a lot better for t15.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 02:41 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by roger_66 View Post
    so how do u think about destruction warlock and fire mage?
    Incinerate is 2s cast with 1496+140%sp and get energy to cast chaos bolt
    Fireball is 2.2s cast with 1562+150%sp and can get free Pyroblast
    Wrath is 2s cast with (2248+102.7%sp)*110% in monkin ======2472.8+112.97%
    then shaman 1177+68.4%sp, and for ele======1765.5+102.6%………………

    and how high the crit rank u can have?

    i gave up my haste,can just have 40%+ overload and 25% crit in raid, but just 8% haste
    8% haste is just terrible, you're crippling your lava burst procs through LS, and amount of lava bursts during ascendance, you never go for crit as elemental.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by roger_66 View Post
    i agree! we just have one dot, and searing totem are always Unsatisfactory, but the most important thing is lb is to low! we'd better talk to GC!!!!
    Ghostcrawler has led alot of shaman throughout half a decade to believe he doesnt give a rats ass about ele

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfury View Post
    Ghostcrawler has led alot of shaman throughout half a decade to believe he doesnt give a rats ass about ele
    While I agree that ele shaman haven't had the smoothest of runs throughout WoW's time, GC definitely isn't the one to blame. In fact things were much worse for ele shamans pre-GC's time (i.e. before wotlk when our dps was meh, we had no real depth and the dev's were content with us off healing some fights due to elemental resistances). If anything, GC has really turned Elemental into a full blown spec (PvE wise anyway).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •