Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

give me 1 reason to take melee with u in raid

like i said give me 1 reason to take melee with u in raid why any one will take melee with him to raid any raid i join the leader say u melee ok do u have tank or healer OS good play tank and let me get someone range dps

Seriously, how hard is it to speak the English language correct?
    In all honesty you're not really getting your point across except calling yourself stupid.

and..I'm going to be infracted for this... but seriously, how hard IS IT PEOPLE.

Infracted~
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2012-11-07 at 12:28 AM.

Melee does sick dps, and there are many fights where they are practically mandatory. If you are joining groups and being kicked from not having a tank or heal OS, maybe you should join a guild that needs melee and stop pugging with retards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't blizz say something about melee being stronger then ranged to compensate for having to move more?

Deleted
    interrupts.

Deleted
    Garalon, that's about it.

If we're talking Warriors, there's no reason to bring one until they have starshatter, sad fact.

Cleave.

10 chars.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bring melee because that is who is in my guild and they are good. simple as that, we arent pushing server or world firsts so who the fuck cares.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Interrupts are what you need to bring melee for.

Reasons to not bring melee however are:
    - You can stack caster buffs and ignore melee buffs.
    - Tanks can position bosses however they like, without caring about melee dps standing in fire. For example, I can tank Stone Guards with the bosses standing in the floor goo, giving me more freedom to move about.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Melee have we us with because raid officer am I yes, waste of gear will be avoid also be.

Infracted~
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2012-11-07 at 12:48 AM.

Err.. why.. not take a melee in with you? They do competitive dps even though many bosses pull them off the target.

h SG: they can fight while moving, equal fight really between range and melee

h feng: ranged have to worry about moving in and out during staff, melee has to move out during fist. shield and spear are equal. too many ranged makes spacing more hairy for staff

h gara'jal: pretty equal beyond multi DoTing adds. you want a few ranged for that likely, but beyond having a few ranged (which you will) then equal fight

h spirit kings: fully equal fight

h elegon: equal fight again. our melee have no issue keeping similar dps with our ranged

h will: While i would inherently say this is a ranged fight due to running between targets, world of logs disagrees. if your ranged is good, then your melee are actually capable of -higher- dps due to the titan gas (and better chance for opportunistic strikes).

Imperial viz: equal fight. melee can keep 100% dps active while running around for attenuation

Blade lord: tornados never go at melee, too many ranged provides unnecessary clutter.

Garalon: ZOMG melee fight. better weak point usage. you want a few ranged for kiting though

wind lord: Pretty equal, however the bombs never go at melee, meaning you will get more clutter (and have to move the boss more) with more range

Amber-shaper: melee have no real bonus here. small penalty as the goos sometimes choose them, resulting in pools near the boss. not an issue really though

Empress: phase 1 you want some ranged to take down the balls. i guess healers can do it as well though. phase 2 is pretty equal, phase 3 melee have an advantage of not losing any dps dodging the breath, and have an easier time getting the poison buff from the add.

I really dont see where melee is so terrible beyond "you want to bring a few ranged"

Paragon used two melee through most of H MSV, world first. Not sure what your problem with melee is.

They have superior interrupts.
    They usually have superior cleaving.
    They usually have superior mobility.
    They have superior mobile DPS.

GL doing Garalon, Wind Lord, H Spirit Kings, or H Will without at least 1 melee. Beyond that, they are not absolutely terrible for any fight. Most people do hate getting chained to melee on SG, though ranged that have actually played melee DPS have no problems.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-11-07 at 12:25 AM.

I think your raid is just full on melee dps. Op's reading between the lines too much.

Walks into Heart of Fear. Looks around. Sits the ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    I bring melee because that is who is in my guild and they are good. simple as that, we arent pushing server or world firsts so who the fuck cares.
    I would love to raid with you

What I don't like more than the elitists is the "elitists". Guilds that try to min/max every character in their raid, when they clearly don't have the skill for pushing progression at cutting edge pace. I was stuck in a guild like that back in BC. So lame...
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Because it's fun to be chained to them. I kid!

I like'em because they're bunched up which makes my kind of healing easier. Otherwise, because they won't steal my gear. Also because I like my guild's melee players.

Guess I'd suggest you stop pugging.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulty Mitchell View Post
    Seriously, how hard is it to speak the English language correct?
    In all honesty you're not really getting your point across except calling yourself stupid.

and..I'm going to be infracted for this... but seriously, how hard IS IT PEOPLE.

Infracted~
    cant you just answer the dam question and keep your english lesson somewhere else ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    Melee have we us with because raid officer am I yes, waste of gear will be avoid also be.

Infracted~
    I see what you did there.