Target nearest enemy + auto attack

Hey, is there any option to toggle auto attack upon targeting an enemy ?

What I'm looking for is something like a macro :

/target nearest enemy
    /auto attack

so I would auto attack when targeting with TAB

right now I have to target something with TAB or mouse and click '1' in order to toggle auto attack on

Thanks for any feedback.

Pretty sure you can't do that in game, but why would you want to anyway? right clicking on an enemy starts attacking it and targets it in one go.

Is there any way to create macros in - game? I can't find such an option.

Or the only way to create one is through a 3rd party software like keyboard/mouse macro.

GW2 offers no macroing and never will.

And any macros created outside the game are against the EULA if they mean you have to press less keys. Meaning: You are allowed to do a macro which is 1:1, but not a macro which does 2 actions for 1 button-press (which is the intention of the one you described). So ... technically you're not allowed by ANet to do such a thing, which could result in them banning you (not talking about how probable it is for them to do so).

Now, before people come asking what's the sense in allowing external 1:1 macros: that is to allow special setups and needs of users, like binding a joypad to ingame actions or input devices for disabled people and stuff like that.

If you target a mob and press the #1 key [or any skill you set to auto-fire] once, your character will auto-attack until that mob is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    If you target a mob and press the #1 key [or any skill you set to auto-fire] once, your character will auto-attack until that mob is dead.
    They want the targeting action to automatically initiate the autoattack, compressing 2 presses (target, start auto) into one (target + start auto).

This sort of macro is very basic and common in WoW and most melee will make one for spamming on quick-dying trash, so that may be what they're familiar with.

There is also an option to both auto target and auto attack on switches by pressing 1 button.

No macros possible in game, of course. So this is the best you will get.