10+ Year Old Account
    North Western England, Furness Peninsulas

Need help with this build! Your reccommendations needed!

Hey guys, im new here but have some understanding of how to put together a build for a comp but my knowledge is limited to just that.

I have no idea if the build is precise or sloppy or indeed if there are any items to which i could change to get a better performance or just how to assemble a bundle of parts for a great price i.e special offers, discounts.

I need help with deciding if this is a solid build for my next PC, i want to be able to play all the latest FPS games and MMO's on ultra (Modern Warfare,Need for Speed:Most Wanted, GTA 5 when it comes out! ect ect) and my problem lies with not being able to discern between what im paying for and what i will be able to realistically do with it.

I need someone with enough idea of what i can do with this build to clue me into it and hopefully make some insightful recommendations.

Thank you

- Plantronics GameCom 380 Stereo Gaming Headset
    - Creative A40 2.0 Speakers (51MF1640AA001)
    - Samsung S23A550H 23" Widescreen Ultra Thin LED Monitor - Glossy Black
    - Asus PCE-N15 300Mbps 802.11B/G/N Wireless PCI-E Network Adapter
    - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-Bit - OEM (GFC-02050)
    - PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk II 950W '80 Plus Silver' Power Supply
    - Asus Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card with built in Headphone Amp - OEM
    - LiteOn IHES112-115 Internal 12x SATA Blu-ray Bulk Combo - Black
    - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache - OEM (ST2000DM001)
    - Sapphire HD 7870 GHz Edition 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card w/ FARCRY3, Nexuiz & Sleeping Dogs PC Games x2
    - Patriot Intel Extreme Masters 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 PC3-14900C10 1866MHz Dual Channel Kit (PVI316G186C0K)
    - Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard
    - Intel Liquid Cooling Solution CPU Cooler (Socket LGA1155/1156//1366/2011)
    - Stage 3: Overclock of CPU - 20% Overclock (Proceesor speed x1.20)
    - Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (Ivybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor (77W)
    - NZXT Phantom Enthusiast USB3.0 Full Tower Case - Red
    "You have no idea what you don't know."

You should really add a Solid State Drive (SSD). I don't think I can see one in that list.

Also I'm not sure if you have to pay for this "- Stage 3: Overclock of CPU - 20% Overclock (Proceesor speed x1.20)" Because if you do, their being cheap.

You might be able to save as well on the power supply, 950W sounds a lot.

Hope this adds to the discussion

I'd never recommend a desktop pc w/ wireless nic especially when onboard works fine. 950w Psu you have nothing over 600w at best. 1866 Mhz ram basically again worthless ram speeds above 1333Mhz are not even noticable. Again unless your planning on being a sound junkie an Asus Xonar is way overkill not needed for general gaming especially on Quality motherboards. Remove the manufacturer overclocking, buy a monitor seperately from a better retailer, likely cheaper. Intel liquid cooling is w/e might aswell reallocate money from other things into a solid cooler Air or Closed loop liquid like the corsair H series. Buy a headset elsewhere and of better quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 08nolanni View Post
    You should really add a Solid State Drive (SSD). I don't think I can see one in that list.

Also I'm not sure if you have to pay for this "- Stage 3: Overclock of CPU - 20% Overclock (Proceesor speed x1.20)" Because if you do, their being cheap.

You might be able to save as well on the power supply, 950W sounds a lot.

Hope this adds to the discussion
    Thanks for posting a reply dude, i have - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache - OEM (ST2000DM001) set as the current hard drive, thought that would be good enough, what are the pro's & cons of a SSD btw? im unfamiliar with the distinction

And the overclocking +20% is about £20-£30, almost negligible so im not fussed about the extra cost on that one

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    I'd never recommend a desktop pc w/ wireless nic especially when onboard works fine. 950w Psu you have nothing over 600w at best. 1866 Mhz ram basically again worthless ram speeds above 1333Mhz are not even noticable. Again unless your planning on being a sound junkie an Asus Xonar is way overkill not needed for general gaming especially on Quality motherboards. Remove the manufacturer overclocking, buy a monitor seperately from a better retailer, likely cheaper. Intel liquid cooling is w/e might aswell reallocate money from other things into a solid cooler Air or Closed loop liquid like the corsair H series. Buy a headset elsewhere and of better quality.
    Thanks for your advice dude, i've made the amendments reflecting what you've told me

If I did all the math You might be able to buy like a 670 or 680 if you went more reasonable on everything and got rid of parts you definitely do not need.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I did all the math You might be able to buy like a 670 or 680 if you went more reasonable on everything and got rid of parts you definitely do not need.
    Sorry, im not sure exactly what you mean when you say i could buy a 670 or 680, which part are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Randypan View Post
    Sorry, im not sure exactly what you mean when you say i could buy a 670 or 680, which part are you referring to?
    Graphics card, with potential savings the 680 should be within reach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Graphics card, with potential savings the 680 should be within reach.
    ohhh now i understand, thanks for clearing that up, yeah i've adjusted my basket on OverclockersUK and it's just out of my price range atm, im looking to get 2 GFX cards you see, looks like i can either get 2 Sapphire HD 7870 GHz Edition 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card w/ FARCRY3, Nexuiz & Sleeping Dogs PC Games or just the one 680 without your detailed input. I really would appreciate it if you could leave a post on here with more info on what you mean by if you did the math, i think your exactly the person i need to talk with about this build. But please, only if you have the time to do so, of course i understand if you have other things to do.

I'm off to bed now as its 03:30 in England at the min, i thank you for your comments so far and look forward to your reply whenever that may be
    If there is any other information i can provide you with to make a more accurate estimation, please leave a comment on this page and i will get back to you asap.