Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think what's hilarious about this whole thing is the way things would fall apart for any state that did secede without federal funding and oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockndrop View Post
    If any state decided to succeed it would be silenced and more then likely the citizens who wanted to succeed would be killed because of shelling or trialed for treason against the united states. And to be quite frank it would be stupid for texas to succeed. they need the federal government a lot more then they think.
    The U.S. is not like that, we wouldn't kill a few hundred thousand people to quell ideas, while some of the ringleaders might be put on trial and jailed, their followers would not be. If the United States was ever like that, most of the people in the South during the Reconstruction Era would have been killed. I know that times change and everything, but even if the U.S. decided somehow to do this, they would be stopped by the rest of the world for being extremely inhumane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    "And nothing was ever heard from Deca again"

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Holy shit, yes we do.

Texas is not like the other Southern states.

They're an extremely valuable asset to the US.
    Nah, you guys don't need us to do well, we'll just keep dragging y'all backwards and preventing social and economic progress at the national level of government. Just forget about all of the oil & gas refineries, businesses, and natural resources located in our state. We also make absolutely zero contributions to the well-being of the nation as a whole, and due to the factually presented deficits of intelligence, sanity, open-mindedness, and liberalism that our state clearly possesses (as many in this thread have rightfully pointed out with facts and stuff) you guys would be much better off without our poverty-stricken, worthless, and country hick selves. Y'all should totally leave us to wallow in our own intellectual and political cloud of asinine thought processes.

Do you guys really want us to go away, or do you want us to try to go away and come whimpering back like a child who says they are going to "run away" and does it for half an hour? Regardless, you Yanks can be quite hurtful sometimes </3.

I dislike California's political leanings, but solely without Silicon Valley, we wouldn't be living at the same luxurious standard we would be. Also, Nappa Valley makes significant contributions to our society. Where else does one buy cream of the crop wine solely for the purpose of fueling one's own egocentric malcontent with the world? Haters gonna hate, but California businesses employ good people that spend their paychecks employing other good people around the nation and the entire universe.

And what about Wisconsin? One might think they are just a buncha useless farmers. But without Wisconsin, where the hell do you expect good, American-made cheese to come from? And don't get me started with Idaho's potatoes, if you fucks start talking about kicking them out of the kool kids club I'll start raging at you from hundreds of miles away. And trust me, my neighbors don't want any of that action. So save them the pain and don't even THINK about telling poor old Idaho they aren't allowed into our secret clan meetings every other year. They said they would ramp up potatoe production for 2013 so I think we should allow them to stay.

In all seriousness, nobody actually wants Texas to secede. Or more accurately, nobody (on either side) who understands the harsh economic impact such a secession would have on both the US and the seceding states, no matter what state it is.

The only way secession can work is if we force Rhode Island (possibly along with Alaska, but that's up for debate) to secede. Because honestly, what do they contribute to the nation? Still just a colony of vagrants and criminals just like in the 1600's if you ask me. I introduce a motion to force them to secede. Will anyone second the motion?
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

"So with Obama's victory, people had enough sh17, since they're expecting things to go down hill even more.
    US is falling apart.

Your thoughts?"

Me, 8 years ago when Bush was re elected to destroy the country for 4 more years. War czar's for 8 years in this country decimated the economy. Need I say more?

I'd like to see that haha.

Secessionists are just a bunch of loudmouths who've been talking this kind of crap for decades. America isn't the only country with that kind of movement either.

The really funny part is looking back on all the serious shit America has been through in its few hundred years of history, and trying to imagine that all that was somehow fine and the Union remained intact (through a freaking civil war over slavery even!) but Obama is some kind of dealbreaker. L-O-freaking-L. It's just amazing how hysterical conservatives have been after this election's defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Really? I dont think its illegal. States have the right to leave the US. Why wouldnt they? If Texas believes that its better for them to leave then they should. I as a resident of Virginia dont care, and wouldnt care if Virginia decided to leave.
    In deciding the merits of the bond issue, the court further held that the Constitution did not permit states to unilaterally secede from the United States, and that the ordinances of secession, and all the acts of the legislatures within seceding states intended to give effect to such ordinances, were "absolutely null".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_v._White

From when Texas attempted to secede in 1869. So I think that pretty conclusively settles that.

Quote Originally Posted by daftone View Post
    The formation of the united states was illegal too. Nothings illegal if you win. Besides texas can legally leave the u.s. any time they want its in their constitution. All they have to do is have the other states become part of texas and they can all legally leave.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 11:49 PM ----------

conservatives have a right to be scared. They are the ones who will be over taxed to support the rest. The poor don't pay taxes and the rich bribe the government.
    Lol. Bullshit. I'm a liberal, served in the military, work, pay taxes and don't think I'm superior for doing something that I have to do. And there are just as many liberals as conservatives in that department. This is cliche republican propaganda, when the reality of it is there are many elite do what they can to reduce what they pay at all cost. This whole "Im herd werkin' 'Merican derp terx money goez to freeloaders" argument is played out.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/frederic...re-study-says/

talk about not paying your fair share.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2012-11-12 at 01:03 AM.
    "1 in 4 Americans are skeptical on climate change...who gives a shit? That doesn't matter. You don't need other people's opinions on a fact. You may as well have a poll asking: Which number is bigger? 5 or 15? Do Owls exist? Are there hats?"

http://www.examiner.com/article/citi...-united-states

As a result of Tuesday's election, Americans in 15 states have filed petitions to secede from the United States, Regina Conley reported at Red Alert Politics on Saturday.

So far, she says, residents in Louisiana, Texas, Kentucky, Colorado, New Jersey and ten other states, have filed petitions at the White House petition site requesting secession. A petition for New York to secede was file by "C R" of Grand Forks, North Dakota on Saturday.

Examiner's Sheila Carroll says those other states include Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Oregon.

On November 7, the day after the election, "Michael E" from Slidell, Louisiana, filed a petition at the White House "We the People" site, requesting that Louisiana be allowed to secede.

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation," the petition reads, quoting the Declaration of Independence.

As of this writing, the petition has 8.162 signatures and needs 16,838 to reach a goal of 25,000.

On Friday, a Texas resident created a petition to secede in order to protect the standard of living Texans now enjoy.

"The US continues to suffer economic difficulties stemming from the federal government's neglect to reform domestic and foreign spending. The citizens of the US suffer from blatant abuses of their rights such as the NDAA, the TSA, etc. Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect its citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government," the petition reads.

As of this writing, that petition had 5,289 signatures.

The Oregon petition, started Saturday by "Kristopher W" of Tillamook, Oregon, wants the state to remain an ally of the United States and possibly vote to rejoin the Union once "the citizens of Oregon felt the Federal Government was no longer imposing" what it calls a tyrannical government that cares nothing about the future of Oregon's children."

Petitions on the White House site have 30 days to reach a threshold of 25,000 signatures.

"While these petitions serve more to make a point than to present a serious proposition, they are a physical symbol of the deep resentment for the direction in which the United States is moving under the Obama administration," Conley added.
    See bold. This is just people trying to start drama, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    [url]http://www.examiner.com/article/citizens-15-states-file-petitions-to-secede-from-united-states[url]

See bold. This is just people trying to start drama, nothing more.
    Citizen from North Dakota files a petition for New York to secede? Country's going down the shitter. No doubt about it anymore, we are all completely fucked.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Let's all come back to this thread in a few years and have a laugh.
    "1 in 4 Americans are skeptical on climate change...who gives a shit? That doesn't matter. You don't need other people's opinions on a fact. You may as well have a poll asking: Which number is bigger? 5 or 15? Do Owls exist? Are there hats?"

Old news. There's always been people saying the U.S. is going "downhill" and this is not the first time America has been through a recession. The U.S. has survived for 200+ years and will continue to do so.

The USA is falling apart. Slowly though...

The problems that truly face the US are not being addressed by the President, the Democrats, the Republicans, or Congress. Sadly our country is turning into a welfare state. The powers at be think its OK to run a huge deficit. The powers at be think its OK to wage war and push our influence. This decline will be gradual.

Currently the US is doing very stupid things. Our current generation is filled with uneducated children that have a bleak future. Our schooling is getting worse and that's destroying the one thing that makes this country great. Ingenuity. Our draconian drug laws are a tax burden, they're not stopping addictions, they're not treating patients, and they're creating a divide between citizen and policeman. As a result, more and more Americans are unwilling to deal with policemen when it comes to solving violent crimes. Murder-solving rates have decreased in the last 1/2 a century.

Furthermore, issues such as abortion and gay marriage are elevated to a status way beyond normal. These "fake" issues are dividing the country and making it harder to deal with what really matters.

I don't think America is doomed - we are truly living during a great time. I believe that America needs to reduce the deficit and get those living off entitlements back to work. I don't mean create jobs - I mean create a sense of worth. I just went to go buy a sub at a corner store....Two humans, minorities, with poor-english (yes it was their first language) just spent $33 on junk food - $12 of which was Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream (for those who don't know its premium ice cream that's like $4 a pint)...all of which they paid for with a benefit card. I don't make enough money to buy Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream.

As Thomas Jefferson said....

"Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who would not."

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 08:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    Old news. There's always been people saying the U.S. is going "downhill" and this is not the first time America has been through a recession. The U.S. has survived for 200+ years and will continue to do so.
    With all due respect, America has gone through three huge turning points in the last century. One was the creation of the federal reserve, the second was our victory in WWII and the third was the removal of the gold standard. There are also massive problems with entitlement spending. Rome was a republic at one time - and a great one. It had security, it had strong families, and it had a bright future. Now what does America have? The middle class was the pioneer of the strong american family...they're dying off. Minorities in particular in this country, in urban areas, have they're own communities. They're not families. These communities support themselves because every one else is hostile - including police. What am I saying? There are deep divides in America, and they're not going away.

The federal reserve and the gold standard have removed the peoples power to control the currency. WWII put the US in a position of power, and I'm not convinced some of the decisions we made in the post-war era are very good in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    So, what, some 20,000 people don't like the way the government is going? Oh by gosh that's a lot of people. I mean there's only 310 million people in the USA, I mean that's what, .006% of the country? Clearly the country is falling apart!
    well petition is only 3 days old and only signed by people in texas... cuts a huge chunk out of your numbers.
    there are petitions for other countries to succeed but none have as many numbers within such a short amount of time.
    texans tired of the economy of the rest of the country dragging it to the ground.

if the 15th largest economy in the world part is indeed true (and i am inclined to believe)
    the USA would lose a huge boon in its failing economy,
    even if it werent for the economy i highly doubt it would be allowed...

i remember a post from a lubbock judge who said it might come to civil war if he is re-elected.

i for one think its about time for our people(the entire nation) to stop cowering before big brother(the gov't)
    and get a damned spine.

for those wondering, Austin Texas is where im from,

still debating whether to sign it...

-edit- went back and looked at it, not only signed by texans.
    Last edited by Christan; 2012-11-12 at 04:38 AM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

I wish; I've always been sad that good ol' Abe Lincoln fought so hard to keep them in the first place. The rest of the country would be so much more advanced by now.

They aren't going anywhere, though. They'll be held onto with the same ferocity now as they were in the Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post

"Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who would not.
    A very true and intelligent quote. I also take it to mean those folks like us who work two jobs and still remain under poverty level vs. those folks who inherit their wealth and do nothing with it but accumulate more.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 02:58 AM ----------

I don't get why people seem to think that everyone who is poor is so because they aren't willing to work. Romney and his fucking 47% bullshit. Now, granted, I'm sure there are LOTS of people who would love something for nothing, but Christ, it's not all of us.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    A very true and intelligent quote. I also take it to mean those folks like us who work two jobs and still remain under poverty level vs. those folks who inherit their wealth and do nothing with it but accumulate more.
    This is why Thomas Jefferson also supported a hefty estate tax.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.

Cycling Logs: 2012, 2013, 2014 (YTD-9.30).

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    This is why Thomas Jefferson also supported a hefty estate tax.
    They always seemed so much smarter back then. Brilliant quotes from political minds back then. I wonder if they had so much political division, to the point where each party just wanted to work on ruining the other rather than fixing the problems, as we have. If their campaigns were more about points and winning just for the sake of winning rather than because you truly believe in your country and want to improve the lives of your fellow countrymen.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

I'd love to see Texas try and secede. As much as people believe that Texas would be fully capable of running as its own independent country, that's about as far from the truth as you could get.

If Texas seceded from the nation just because Obama won the reelection, all the sane people would leave the state and all that would remain are the crazy, gun toting, bible thumping extremists who would piss everyone off and either kill each other or get themselves nuked.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post

"Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who would not."
    That quote looked suspiciously anachronistic and influenced by partisan bias so I decided to google it. Here is one of many pages I found on it:

Question:
    Who said democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not?
    Answer:
    This quote is frequently cited by conservatives, who usually attribute it to Thomas Jefferson. But Jefferson scholars say he never made such a statement. More likely, it was uttered by conservative columnist Cal Thomas, in a column he wrote for a newspaper.
    SOURCE

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    That quote looked suspiciously anachronistic and influenced by partisan bias so I decided to google it. Here is one of many pages I found on it:

Question:
    Who said democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not?
    Answer:
    This quote is frequently cited by conservatives, who usually attribute it to Thomas Jefferson. But Jefferson scholars say he never made such a statement. More likely, it was uttered by conservative columnist Cal Thomas, in a column he wrote for a newspaper.
    SOURCE
    Conservatives misquoting and using faulty sources? Color me... not surprised at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    A very true and intelligent quote.
    You'll be reassured to know it's neither :P