Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Feardotwin View Post
    He may be president, but I don't hold him in high regards as other past presidents. I see him on par with Jimmy Carter. Or even less. Until he proves otherwise.
    By doing what exactly? Also what did Jimmy Carter do to earn such disdain?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    God damn. You're attacking me and acting like I'm making claims I'm not making. I never said that Texas could "take on the rest of the US." I know the US military would end up kicking Texas' ass in the end. I'm saying that they wouldn't be pushovers. It wouldn't be a totally one-sided conflict. You seem to have a bias against Texans in general and aren't really even reading what I'm saying.

You know it's bizarre. Usually I attribute this level of intolerance and intransigence to the Republicans. I find it bizarre beyond belief that you could take this kind of position, especially when you're talking to someone who voted for Obama twice and is against secession.
    Idk, but I just hate Texas. Its everything I see wrong with the US all rolled up into a giant ball of oily shit.
    Last edited by Obamatheone; 2012-11-12 at 10:34 PM.

Do you have any idea how often either part of the country or part of a US state has a secessionist movement?

Putting aside that literally how the US came to be or the part it played in the US Civil War there is still all these secessions: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secessi...s_from_a_state.

If you need a laugh after all this please watch this Daily Show sketch: http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...ants-to-secede

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    you guys do know that reeve isn't exactly yosemite sam, right? he is that favorite paradox, a rational texan
    Thanks, though I rather like Yosemite. It's actually the most beautiful place I've ever been.

seriously reeve, why do texas's idiot gain the national spotlight so easily? we've all got a population of dopes, but ours dont make the news even if they do the same or worse. i mean look at this, 19 other states and all anybody talks about is texas, lol. texas needs to ban cameras and microphones or something
    Texas is just more over-proud of itself than most states. There's sort of a dual nationalism here that's much stronger than in most other states, and Texas is very good at marketing itself. It has crafted this image around itself so that some people intentionally live up to it, and when people do live up to it, they get lots of attention because it feeds into the confirmation bias around the marketed image of Texas.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

Quote Originally Posted by Obamatheone View Post
    By doing what exactly? Also what did Jimmy Carter do to earn such disdain?
    Are you actually serious?

He is the reason we have so much problems in the Middle East, because it started with him. Al Qaeda was a 6 member group until, a failed mission called "Operation Sandstorm" gave fuel to extremists.

Like a chess piece, an early move in the game can lead to a predictable outcome in the end.

Also our failed economy began, not with bush. But in Clinton's era. His federal treasurer Alan Greenspan.

Become educated, become informed. And never regurgitate someone else's view.
    Evil is apart of all things, an essential energy of vile corruption. Evil manifests where Good thrives. You cannot have order without chaos. Nor, chaos without order.

The chance of Texas seceding is as slim as the chance of Texas rebelling. Outside of a tiny minority of wackos who are just about stunningly out of touch with reality. I seriously doubt many Texans actually want to leave the Union. I doubt most are fooled by Perry's gimmicks, pretending to have a balanced budget. Just as I doubt most would in any way want to see the south rise again. If it was a hostile split, Texas would likely be crushed from without and within. If it was a peaceful split, Texas would still suffer terrible political and economic shocks as its classification suddenly changed from member state to foreign body.

The funniest part of this subject is that its lasted as long as it has given the amount of fantasy involved.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 04:28 PM ----------

He is the reason we have so much problems in the Middle East, because it started with him. Al Qaeda was a 6 member group until, a failed mission called "Operation Sandstorm" gave fuel to extremists.

Like a chess piece, an early move in the game can lead to a predictable outcome in the end.

Also our failed economy began, not with bush. But in Clinton's era. His federal treasurer Alan Greenspan.

Actually you might want to look a little further back to who caused the stagflation that Reagan's deregulation fever was a reaction too. As in, Nixon.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

My answer? Probably.

But, it's hilarious to post this type of thread in this environment. As I see a biasm, and not neutrality. Bashing either side is ridiculous. Yosemite Sam is a stereotype. Can I call you a pot smoking tree hugger? Or a leech on mommy and daddy? No, because its wrong...

You have proved your immaturity and hippocritical/ignorant views to the democratic beliefs. Should I say more?
    Evil is apart of all things, an essential energy of vile corruption. Evil manifests where Good thrives. You cannot have order without chaos. Nor, chaos without order.

Texas is just more over-proud of itself than most states. There's sort of a dual nationalism here that's much stronger than in most other states, and Texas is very good at marketing itself. It has crafted this image around itself so that some people intentionally live up to it, and when people do live up to it, they get lots of attention because it feeds into the confirmation bias around the marketed image of Texas.
    i have one question left for you. every time i hear "dont mess with texas" i want to punch the person in the mouth. is it bad that i feel this way (as long as i dont actually do it)?

and for the record, i find mouthy ex-texans far more obnoxious than still-texans. mouthy ex-texan = THAT GUY that used to live in texas, moved somewhere else, then spends all of his time bragging about being from texas, and telling us all how much better texas is than where he is now. god, that dude needs to carry his ass back to texas, lol

Middle east was already fucked up. You can argue he added fuel to the fire, but w/e, you can't blame it all on Carter. And if that is all you got, then you aint got much against Carter.

I play chess. That makes no sense, there are billions of move combinations.

Shit economy began with Reagan actually, but good try.
    Edit: Nvm that was a shit try. Clinton handed bush an economy that was on the verge of not only being balanced, but having a surplus. So how you can blame Clinton for Reagen and Bushes immense failures, idk. You are smoking some good shit is all I can say.
    Last edited by Obamatheone; 2012-11-12 at 10:36 PM.

Alan Greenspan was appointed Chairman of the Federal Reserve by Ronald Reagan in 1987 and served until 2006 under George W. Bush. Also, the US Secretary of the Treasury is a different position than the Chairman of the Federal Reserve.

So, the blame lies with Reagan, not Clinton. In conclusion, do not tell people to become educated when you fail to have or comprehend all of the facts.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2012-11-12 at 10:37 PM.
    Professor of History at Silvermoon University

i have one question left for you. every time i hear "dont mess with texas" i want to punch the person in the mouth. is it bad that i feel this way (as long as i dont actually do it)?

and for the record, i find mouthy ex-texans far more obnoxious than still-texans. mouthy ex-texan = THAT GUY that used to live in texas, moved somewhere else, then spends all of his time bragging about being from texas, and telling us all how much better texas is than where he is now. god, that dude needs to carry his ass back to texas, lol
    Haha, no, that's fine. It actually started out as a marketing phrase to get people to stop throwing trash out their car windows on the highways. It worked, and the phrase appealed to and enhanced Texas state pride, so it also ended up on all the tee shirts and coffee mugs.

I made a conscious effort to try not to brag too much about being from California when I moved to Texas. Sometimes a little bit can't help from sneaking out though.
    Because you look so fine

Middle east was already fucked up. You can argue he added fuel to the fire, but w/e, you can't blame it all on Carter. And if that is all you got, then you aint got much against Carter.

An intelligent individual will tell you that based on a few choices within the game. Can really determine the outcome.

Perhaps you need to reevaluate the way you play chess. And look at all possibilities. That is how games are truly won. Should I also mention the greatest chess player being beat by a computer because of the same thing I explained?

Our shift from an industrial base, to a service base, is where a lot of our economic pain actually comes from. That actually dates back to Nixon and the USDA which started the stagflation mess. Ironically enough Reagan's deregulation fever would finally break stagflation. Of course by then the damage had already been done.

I made a conscious effort to try not to brag too much about being from California when I moved to Texas. Sometimes a little bit can't help from sneaking out though.
    lol. what part of cali you from? i grew up in bay area. people used to think i grew up in gang central, when all we had were wannabes thinking that tagging suburban fences was hard core, lol

lol. what part of cali you from? i grew up in bay area. people used to think i grew up in gang central, when all we had were wannabes thinking that tagging suburban fences was hard core, lol
    Sacramento born, here.

I'm from San Jose, or at least I lived there from age 2 to age 24.
    Because you look so fine

To me it looks like some of the ppl in US are pretty greedy as they dont want higher taxes so the poor ppl get easier to live with some welfare. Like seems to think "they got themselves there, its their own fault I could care less" or whatever. Atleast thats what I get from what obama is trying to do.

I mean all scandinavian countries (and a lot of other countries) which are like all the "best countries to live in" have really high taxes and pretty much everyone lives a "good life" so I dont really see the problem. Thought I dont follow what happens over there so thats what I get out from it atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    Alan Greenspan was appointed Chairman of the Federal Reserve by Ronald Reagan in 1987 and served until 2006 under George W. Bush. Also, the US Secretary of the Treasury is a different position than the Chairman of the Federal Reserve.

So, the blame lies with Reagan, not Clinton. In conclusion, do not tell people to become educated when you fail to have or comprehend all of the facts.
    Dear professor, I'm sorry I didn't cheat and google. I know you do your part in telling people to become informed. So I suggest you give some credit to people who don't always look up references or wiki every moment of their lives.

An intelligent individual will tell you that based on a few choices within the game. Can really determine the outcome.

Perhaps you need to reevaluate the way you play chess. And look at all possibilities. That is how games are truly won. Should I also mention the greatest chess player being beat by a computer because of the same thing I explained?
    You comments are laughably bad in all regards.

A computer analyzes every single possibility multiple moves ahead, and then uses an agreed upon algorithm to determine the overall value of the positions X moves down the road. That is how a chess engine works, so idk what the fuck you are talking about regarding only some moves matter.

Go back to the F class forums and discuss your "some moves matter" chess theory there.