Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    You missed the part about mercantile corporate exploitation.

Besides, neither scenario is ever going to happen. The US is stuck with the South and until the federal government forces it to comply with infrastructural standards it will remain poverty stricken.
    What do you mean infrastructural standards?

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    What do you mean infrastructural standards?
    Standards in education, state level social security, etc.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

I get a lot of amusement from the folks who were saying that if Obama won they were leaving the country.

Oh yeah? Where do you plan to go? Somalia? Every other country you'd want to live in is more liberal than the US!

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    No, because out of context the number has no relation to anything meaningful. The number gets thrown around because it sounds big and scary.
    That's kinda what I meant, I apologize if it wasn't apparent.
    Wiping is Fun! ™

If you believe Rush Limbaugh is a good leader, odds are you think America is going in the toilet.

That is a ton of people, but thankfully not the majority.

Even if Romney won the US would still be alright, just likely regress socially several decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Balazaar View Post
    I get a lot of amusement from the folks who were saying that if Obama won they were leaving the country.

Oh yeah? Where do you plan to go? Somalia? Every other country you'd want to live in is more liberal than the US!
    I'm sorta glad Obama won. At least the streets aren't running with blood.

Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    Because kids can't learn Math without an iPad.
    I forgot how anti-academic Americans are. Perhaps trying to improve standards in education in this country is a lost cause.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

Quote Originally Posted by Rommon64 View Post
    That's kinda what I meant, I apologize if it wasn't apparent.
    Ah, got it.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Standards in education, state level social security, etc.
    So, how do you explain inner cities? How are they poverty stricken, where your ideal economic model has been in existence for how many decades now?

I'm sorta glad Obama won. At least the streets aren't running with blood.
    Classy. You been spending time on /pol/, Stormbro?
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Lets put it this way and take the China approach.

Any company or country that does any kind of businesses with Texas will be banned from doing any type of business in the US.

However unlike China which had zero power after WW2 the US is relatively stronger, how long do you think that the people of Texas would last without any kind of trade going on.

I forgot how anti-academic Americans are. Perhaps trying to improve standards in education in this country is a lost cause.
    I meant, many districts spend money on shiny new gadgets, that aren't necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Can I sign a thing that kicks Texas out?
    Guess that would make a lot of people like the US.
    Ex-Rogue; Ex-Paladin
    Mastery will fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Classy. You been spending time on /pol/, Stormbro?
    No, just have read many tweets before the election.

This is hilarious tbh :P. Making a thread about petition with like 20k unhappy people in it.
    Such stuff wont happen, peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Smoking pot is illegal too.... yet 2 states just passed laws.. your point is invalid.
    Hahahahaha, that's the worst comparison IVE EVER HEARD LOL. Stop posting immediately.

I meant, many districts spend money on shiny new gadgets, that aren't necessary.
    Because it makes education attractive. It helps accustom students to a world in which proficiency with technology is critical. It vastly cheapens the cost of education when you can download e-books rather than having to fork out the money for printed editions.

Teachers very rarely spend money on frivolous shit, especially in as underfunded a system as the US.
    - Thucydides

- Eugen Weber

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    If Texas secedes, the military rolls in and stomps them. I think that's the only thing causing them to stay their hand.

I would personally be perfectly happy with the USA being dismantled and becoming independent nations or blocs, but Obama will roll the tanks out and stop it. At least the governors of some states have power in their field.
    Eh not to sound arrogant since I dont live there, but you realise that would be an amazingly rediculous breach of human rights.

Shall I post a picture of where most slave traders' home ports were? Yeah, vast majority in New England.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 06:49 PM ----------

Because kids can't learn Math without an iPad.

uh lol. you might want to check your sources on that one bud

So the total you have there is about 17k signatures out of 350m americans. That's .004% of the population.

Seems like a serious problem, yes.