Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Are you saying people on ebt and obama phones voted for romney? Are you also saying that pandering to them didnt affect their vote? Come on man
    Are you saying that continuing a program going since 1985, and expanded by Bush is catering to welfare recipients by Obama? Because 2+2 isn't sasquatch.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Are you saying that continuing a program going since 1985, and expanded by Bush is catering to welfare recipients by Obama? Because 2+2 isn't sasquatch.
    hes just going to babble about work requirements, he thinks it's a winner. never mind the fact that it's not true. all that happened was that the govt said they would be open to allowing states to try their own methods, something conservatives claim to love, until it actually happens, then claim obama did something terrible

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    hes just going to babble about work requirements, he thinks it's a winner. never mind the fact that it's not true. all that happened was that the govt said they would be open to allowing states to try their own methods, something conservatives claim to love, until it actually happens, then claim obama did something terrible
    Again though, can you really blame them? The "conservatives" let Junior molest them, ideologically, for years. The weight of their collective guilt and frustration over self-imposed powerlessness, must be onerous. So of course they are going to look for anyone, besides themselves of course, to blame. A dark skinned fellow with a foreign sounding name and liberal credentials gets elected president of the United States? A perfect target for all their angst and impotence.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Will not ever happen.

This topic is somewhat tied to our right to bear arms. You want to try and secede from the Union by all means give it a go. Then when the full force of the military comes down on you and all you have are the weapons you have been legally been allowed to purchase we'll see where you stand. Talk about bringing a knife to a gun fight...

At least in that situation you can see your killer, with the way our military is equipped now you'll be dead before you ever realize youre being targeted.

No wonder you havent understood what ive been saying Im not 18, nor am i on ebt/phone. May wanna check out that guy with the simpsons sig/avatar though :P
    If you have something to say, by all means, say it.

Not to mention that before Junior? A centrist democrat from Arkansas not only balanced the budget, something they fail to do over and over again, but did it while being "serviced" by an intern or two. Talk about adding insult to injury. Doesn't that deserve some sympathy?

Obama is like Jay Wilson, he took these social programs and doubled it!! More purchasing variety with ebt, data on your phone and best of all, no requirements to receive these things.

You maybe right, i live in florida and we maybe an ebt friendly state. Cant speak for other states.

What obama did is great, someone has to pay for these things though. The people paying are the ones against these policies, thats the issue. Making them pay more for services they arent entitled to is insane. Id be on ebt if i could, i see people in line getting the same damn sub as me on ebt. Its not fair to make someone pay for things they arent allowed to use, especially when they are paying the bulk.

"If you have something to say, by all means, say it. "

is messing around joking right? Actually i do have something to say to you, i cant stand the packers, they sucked until the "real" refs came back. Temps werent smart enough to fix games apparently :P
    Last edited by chadwix; 2012-11-15 at 01:34 AM.

You tell me. I didn't say jack about your age, but you seem to have something to say about me. So what is it?

Don't worry though, thanks to the republicans throwing such a fit over Obama, we've got a "fiscal cliff" coming that will soon put big dents in those entitlements... Almost like they thought they would be in charge by then or something. Well, except for the big entitlements like Social Security and Medicare of course. Plus all the taxes will go back to what they were under the guy having fun with cigars and interns. Downright karmic how the republicans keep on reaping what they themselves were sowing.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-11-15 at 01:34 AM.

I think this whole thing is WAY overblown. There are around 315 million US citizens. The most any state has that signed this is 7000? That's 7 out of every 315,000 people. You could get more people to sign a pledge to beat up Justin Beiber.

Hehe... There is even a petition too: "Assist with reinstating Scott "The Torg" Torgerson back on the air at 97.1 The FAN, an ESPN Radio affiliate in Columbus."

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 07:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    You could get more people to sign a pledge to beat up Justin Beiber.
    Quick! Someone make a petition for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    No, I'm not retarded, I've seen the video. What do you think special operations does, anyway, what you see on Call of Duty? A bunch of bad asses kicking ass and shoving American flags into dead bodies while thunderous rock music plays?
    Sure they don't... the attack on OBL's compound would probably have looked almost exactly like a COD mission, just with a few less brown people with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    I think this whole thing is WAY overblown. There are around 315 million US citizens. The most any state has that signed this is 7000? That's 7 out of every 315,000 people. You could get more people to sign a pledge to beat up Justin Beiber.
    i might sign that! j/k, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    And yet it still pulls more from the Fed than it gives back. Unlike California.
    I know this is true but I am having a hard time understand how. I did some research and found that 13 of the the top 15 states, when it comes to money paid by federal government for welfare, are all blue states. This makes me wonder, while red states are pulling more money from the federal gov't than say blue states but its for something other than welfare maybe we are using the money for something worth while...like research or something maybe?

Anyone know? And this is a serious question. What are red states using federal funding for...because it isn't, at least compaired to blue states, welfare.

Wait, nevermind, I found it...allot of the federal funding are for farms, NASA, Social Security (retires generally migrate South), etc, etc. So yea, I guess if you want to be technical Red States do pull more federal funds / per capita than Blue states do but when you break down what the funding is for you may find that you sing a different tune.
    Last edited by Vago; 2012-11-15 at 02:04 AM.

I think I've heard about Texans wanting to break away from the US for the last 30 years....and it looks like the movement has gained about zero momentum in that time.
    Atheist, anti-theist, pro-gun, pro-Constitution, anti-racism, pro-gay rights, anti-war, anti-corporatism.

Quote Originally Posted by Vago View Post
    I know this is true but I am having a hard time understand how. I did some research and found that 13 of the the top 15 states, when it comes to money paid by federal government for welfare, are all blue states. This makes me wonder, while red states are pulling more money from the federal gov't than say blue states but its for something other than welfare maybe we are using the money for something worth while...like research or something maybe?

Anyone know? And this is a serious question. What are red states using federal funding for...because it isn't, at least compaired to blue states, welfare.
    Source? Poverty level wise that doesn't seem to sync up. Perhaps blue states are more "liberal" in who they'll give aid too?

Quote Originally Posted by Vago View Post

Since our defense budget is high and we buy weps from ourselves, it maybe military related. We all know where spending in blue states goes, unions and social programs.

Since our defense budget is high and we buy weps from ourselves, it maybe military related. We all know where spending in blue states goes, unions and social programs.
    Hehe...

Don't forget movies!

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 09:11 PM ----------

Yes, Defense was also very high up there with Texas and NC

I think most people see the point...the excuss of pulling more federal funds while true has no basises for what they are using it for which is to make red states look incompetent.
    Last edited by Vago; 2012-11-15 at 02:12 AM.

It could be that blue states tend to have a larger population, and therefore pay out more money in welfare. There's also the fact that the blue states tend to have a much better safety net, which is more expensive.

But red states, in general, have a much higher percentage of their population under the poverty line - see http://www.census.gov/compendia/stat...ks/rank34.html