Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Turnabout is fair play.
    Those in glass houses should not throw stones!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Winner takes all.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Winner takes all.
    Never... Run with scissors?

Herald of the Titans
    Never... Run with scissors?
    Don't stick sensitive bodyparts into beehives?

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Don't stick sensitive bodyparts into beehives?
    He who strikes first laughs last?

Fortunately I live in a house made out of stones. It's both durable and provides plenty of ammo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    He who strikes first laughs last?
    Seek not the wickedness of your neighbors lest it find purchase in your own home.

Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Seek not the wickedness of your neighbors lest it find purchase in your own home.
    Man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day?

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day?
    Confucius say: Man who go through airport terminal sideways going to Bangkok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Confucius say: Man who go through airport terminal sideways going to Bangkok.
    "The Problem with the world is that the intelligent people
    are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."
    -Charles Bukowski

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
    Fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, white pepper, egg, shallot, garlic, pork, pre-cooked rice, green onion, cilantro, cucumber, lime, chile peppers.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
    Write Drunk, Edit Sober.

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
    Fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, white pepper, egg, shallot, garlic, pork, pre-cooked rice, green onion, cilantro, cucumber, lime, chile peppers.

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
    I'm madder than a sack full of owls.

The universe tends to unravel itself -random black guy in jail cell in Harold and Kumar go to White Castle.

Why are we doing this in this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Why are we doing this in this thread?
    When you get to the edge of sanity, dive.

When you get to the edge of sanity, dive.
    "She gave me a smile I could feel in my hip pocket."

Well, the Texas petition is over one hundred thousand thousand signatures now and still no response from the "Administration." While not all of the signatures may be "authentic." While the claims made in the petition may not hold up under examination. And even while the nature of the petition may not fit the site creators' intent. I feel the "administration" should respond. They opened this can of worms, so to speak.

Does anyone know what the turnaround time is supposed to be?

Even though the supreme court may have ruled secession unconstitutional in Texas vs White. I don't see how it would be unconstitutional to at least have a nonbinding plebiscite in the state. The federal government does not have to hold the plebiscite either. They can hand it off to the state government and tell them they can hold it if they want too. That way the wackos can have their day and the federal government doesn't have to foot the bill. Maybe respond like this?
    While the Supreme Court of the United States determined that secession was unconstitutional in 1869. Our great nation was founded because the government was not representing the will of its people. It would be a betrayal of that principle if we became guilty of the same. In order to form a more perfect union, does not mean it is a perfect union. It is a goal that we will forever strive for. Everyone may not agree on what's best for this country. Yet finding common ground, no matter how different our personal beliefs might be, is what makes this country great. Therefore, if some believe that they should not remain part of this union, let their voice be heard. If their state government so chooses, let them hold a referendum and see what the will of the people may be.
    What I find saddest though is that everyone swamps the secession petitions, while the one wanting to add a state is still thirteen thousand short.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-11-15 at 02:38 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vago View Post
    Thats a good point but in all fairness, from my experience, most blue states have higher local and sin (thinking NY and Cali here) taxes as well as toll roads, which most Red States do not have. Personally I view that as punishing their working class, mostly middle class population; especially toll roads. Think about it, who has to travel everyday? People getting back and forth to work? Same for taxes, those receiving "assistance" don't pay taxes on assisted goods like food, who does? Middle class working America right? Kinda Ironic, IMO which states are the Blue (for the working class) states and which ones are Red (for the top 2%); talk about hypocrisy.
    Texas has lots of Toll Roads. Off the top of my head, I can think of 5 major highways that are toll roads in Texas, and I feel reasonably certain there are more.

I drive through 1 toll booth on the way to work every day and avoid the toll road on the way home, and it costs me $1.50/day, so that's about $33/month I pay in tolls in Houston, and I'm lucky enough to only have to go through one booth.

When I lived in the Bay Area in California, by contrast, the only tolls I can recall are the ones you pay to cross the bridges over the bay.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2012-11-15 at 02:39 PM.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

A nice civil war would do this country good tbh.