Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Em, excuse me. Dont talk hard over the internet when you have F all to contribute. Whats senseless is you thinking that your government would steamroll texas with tanks.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War

History begs to differ.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Em, excuse me. Dont talk hard over the internet when you have F all to contribute. Whats senseless is you thinking that your government would steamroll texas with tanks.
    Yep. Putting down a hostile rebellion is a "violation of human rights". If I wasn't in my house I'd spit on the ground while writing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Just because armed conflict occurred then, doesn't mean it would happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    Just because armed conflict occurred then, doesn't mean it would happen again.
    It's irrelevant because Texas isn't going to secede from the US.

I don't care how nutty this forum thinks they are. They're just people like the rest of us. Normal fucking AMERICAN people.

What is it with some people and worrying about things falling apart/dying out? It's nowhere close to the perfect nation, but this is just worst case scenario thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Personally, I hope not.
    Right, but if no other nation is going recognize them as a nation, how well do you think it'll work out for Texas?

(Just to be sure, I'm just discussing, not arguing, if that makes sense)
    Last edited by Rommon64; 2012-11-11 at 11:18 PM. Reason: fixed word choice
    Wiping is Fun! ™

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    You missed the part about mercantile corporate exploitation.

Besides, neither scenario is ever going to happen. The US is stuck with the South and until the federal government forces it to comply with infrastructural standards it will remain poverty stricken.
    What do you mean by mercantile corporate exploitation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    So with Obama's victory, people had enough sh17, since they're expecting things to go down hill even more.
    US is falling apart.

Your thoughts?
    What I find hilarious is that whoever wrote the petition is lying. Seriously, if you are going to be full of shit. Shouldn't you at least try to have it be shit that you can back up?
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-11-11 at 11:25 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Where did the person I quoted mention a hostile rebellion, he was talking about texas leaving the US on its own accord. And you can cut the shit, im not listening to your moody posts if you have a problem leave it elsewhere.
    Texas whom would set up a government in the image of Iran with a different religion? Thats what we need hostile radicals bordering us to train suicide bombers to go after abortion clinics and research institutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Do you really think a state like Texas cares about the UN?
    General population of Texas - "Who's the UN?"

Deleted
    i always find it funny when people in the US say that if Obama wins they are going to leave the country. where are they going to exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i always find it funny when people in the US say that if Obama wins they are going to leave the country. where are they going to exactly?
    They usually say here (Canada). The irony this time around is quite delicious.
    Wiping is Fun! ™

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did the person I quoted mention a hostile rebellion, he was talking about texas leaving the US on its own accord. And you can cut the shit, im not listening to your moody posts if you have a problem leave it elsewhere.
    You sit here and complain that we're being moody while you do nothing but insult us and provide little to no insight on your views and any constructive comments. Succession from the United States is not legal, and when something is not legal, the government will do something about it, which would likely result in the U.S. using military action if Texas was to succeed and refuse to rejoin.

Of course, this is all assuming Texas would succeed, which it won't, while people seem to think that they're all radicals and believe what some of the more insane politicians in there state believe, enough of them are rational enough that a real vote to succeed would never pass.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is this the place where all non texans think texans are all the same and that we're a bunch of ignorant baffoons?

Because contrary to what people think, Texas is actually pretty diverse in our thinking, especially in the big cities like Dallas, Houston, Austin, ect. The more rural you get, the more of the typical texan stereotype you'll find. Also quite a lot of us dislike our Gov Hair and keep trying to vote him out.

So please, stop acting like Texas is the great evil state when its not just because most of our politicians are stupid as hell.

"The United States Supreme Court ruled unilateral secession unconstitutional while commenting that revolution or consent of the states could lead to a successful secession."

So while it is unconstitutional if the rest of the states agreed to let Texas go, they could do it peacefully. If it was a revolution and people were harmed the US military would have to step in.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Those statements were also being said by people in the event that Romney won.

Long story short: People on both sides are idiots and overreact.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    So is this the place where all non texans think texans are all the same and that we're a bunch of ignorant baffoons?

Because contrary to what people think, Texas is actually pretty diverse in our thinking, especially in the big cities like Dallas, Houston, Austin, ect. The more rural you get, the more of the typical texan stereotype you'll find. Also quite a lot of us dislike our Gov Hair and keep trying to vote him out.

So please, stop acting like Texas is the great evil state when its not just because most of our politicians are stupid as hell.
    Well, there is the small matter of how those politicians got elected in the first place.

OTOH, I present... Margaret Thatcher. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post

It's a false equivalency, don't fall into that trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post

I jokingly posted on FB that if Romney won I would move to Japan. People WAY overreacted. It seems like the internet has taken away people's ability to take a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    Well, there is the small matter of how those politicians got elected in the first place.

OTOH, I present... Margaret Thatcher. Ouch.
    Gerrymandering and people not realizing THIER politicians are the problem while thinking everyone elses is the problem.