Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    But, it's hilarious to post this type of thread in this environment. As I see a biasm, and not neutrality. Bashing either side is ridiculous. Yosemite Sam is a stereotype. Can I call you a pot smoking tree hugger? Or a leech on mommy and daddy? No, because its wrong...

You have proved your immaturity and hippocritical/ignorant views to the democratic beliefs. Should I say more?
    Evil is apart of all things, an essential energy of vile corruption. Evil manifests where Good thrives. You cannot have order without chaos. Nor, chaos without order.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Texas is just more over-proud of itself than most states. There's sort of a dual nationalism here that's much stronger than in most other states, and Texas is very good at marketing itself. It has crafted this image around itself so that some people intentionally live up to it, and when people do live up to it, they get lots of attention because it feeds into the confirmation bias around the marketed image of Texas.
    i have one question left for you. every time i hear "dont mess with texas" i want to punch the person in the mouth. is it bad that i feel this way (as long as i dont actually do it)?

and for the record, i find mouthy ex-texans far more obnoxious than still-texans. mouthy ex-texan = THAT GUY that used to live in texas, moved somewhere else, then spends all of his time bragging about being from texas, and telling us all how much better texas is than where he is now. god, that dude needs to carry his ass back to texas, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Feardotwin View Post
    Are you actually serious?

He is the reason we have so much problems in the Middle East, because it started with him. Al Qaeda was a 6 member group until, a failed mission called "Operation Sandstorm" gave fuel to extremists.

Like a chess piece, an early move in the game can lead to a predictable outcome in the end.

Also our failed economy began, not with bush. But in Clinton's era. His federal treasurer Alan Greenspan.

Become educated, become informed. And never regurgitate someone else's view.
    Middle east was already fucked up. You can argue he added fuel to the fire, but w/e, you can't blame it all on Carter. And if that is all you got, then you aint got much against Carter.

I play chess. That makes no sense, there are billions of move combinations.

Shit economy began with Reagan actually, but good try.
    Edit: Nvm that was a shit try. Clinton handed bush an economy that was on the verge of not only being balanced, but having a surplus. So how you can blame Clinton for Reagen and Bushes immense failures, idk. You are smoking some good shit is all I can say.
    Last edited by Obamatheone; 2012-11-12 at 10:36 PM.

Also our failed economy began, not with bush. But in Clinton's era. His federal treasurer Alan Greenspan.
    Alan Greenspan was appointed Chairman of the Federal Reserve by Ronald Reagan in 1987 and served until 2006 under George W. Bush. Also, the US Secretary of the Treasury is a different position than the Chairman of the Federal Reserve.

So, the blame lies with Reagan, not Clinton. In conclusion, do not tell people to become educated when you fail to have or comprehend all of the facts.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2012-11-12 at 10:37 PM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    i have one question left for you. every time i hear "dont mess with texas" i want to punch the person in the mouth. is it bad that i feel this way (as long as i dont actually do it)?

and for the record, i find mouthy ex-texans far more obnoxious than still-texans. mouthy ex-texan = THAT GUY that used to live in texas, moved somewhere else, then spends all of his time bragging about being from texas, and telling us all how much better texas is than where he is now. god, that dude needs to carry his ass back to texas, lol
    Haha, no, that's fine. It actually started out as a marketing phrase to get people to stop throwing trash out their car windows on the highways. It worked, and the phrase appealed to and enhanced Texas state pride, so it also ended up on all the tee shirts and coffee mugs.

I made a conscious effort to try not to brag too much about being from California when I moved to Texas. Sometimes a little bit can't help from sneaking out though.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Obamatheone View Post
    Middle east was already fucked up. You can argue he added fuel to the fire, but w/e, you can't blame it all on Carter. And if that is all you got, then you aint got much against Carter.

An intelligent individual will tell you that based on a few choices within the game. Can really determine the outcome.

Perhaps you need to reevaluate the way you play chess. And look at all possibilities. That is how games are truly won. Should I also mention the greatest chess player being beat by a computer because of the same thing I explained?
    Evil is apart of all things, an essential energy of vile corruption. Evil manifests where Good thrives. You cannot have order without chaos. Nor, chaos without order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obamatheone View Post

Our shift from an industrial base, to a service base, is where a lot of our economic pain actually comes from. That actually dates back to Nixon and the USDA which started the stagflation mess. Ironically enough Reagan's deregulation fever would finally break stagflation. Of course by then the damage had already been done.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I made a conscious effort to try not to brag too much about being from California when I moved to Texas. Sometimes a little bit can't help from sneaking out though.
    lol. what part of cali you from? i grew up in bay area. people used to think i grew up in gang central, when all we had were wannabes thinking that tagging suburban fences was hard core, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    lol. what part of cali you from? i grew up in bay area. people used to think i grew up in gang central, when all we had were wannabes thinking that tagging suburban fences was hard core, lol
    Sacramento born, here.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm from San Jose, or at least I lived there from age 2 to age 24.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    To me it looks like some of the ppl in US are pretty greedy as they dont want higher taxes so the poor ppl get easier to live with some welfare. Like seems to think "they got themselves there, its their own fault I could care less" or whatever. Atleast thats what I get from what obama is trying to do.

I mean all scandinavian countries (and a lot of other countries) which are like all the "best countries to live in" have really high taxes and pretty much everyone lives a "good life" so I dont really see the problem. Thought I dont follow what happens over there so thats what I get out from it atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    Alan Greenspan was appointed Chairman of the Federal Reserve by Ronald Reagan in 1987 and served until 2006 under George W. Bush. Also, the US Secretary of the Treasury is a different position than the Chairman of the Federal Reserve.

So, the blame lies with Reagan, not Clinton. In conclusion, do not tell people to become educated when you fail to have or comprehend all of the facts.
    Dear professor, I'm sorry I didn't cheat and google. I know you do your part in telling people to become informed. So I suggest you give some credit to people who don't always look up references or wiki every moment of their lives.

An intelligent individual will tell you that based on a few choices within the game. Can really determine the outcome.

Perhaps you need to reevaluate the way you play chess. And look at all possibilities. That is how games are truly won. Should I also mention the greatest chess player being beat by a computer because of the same thing I explained?
    You comments are laughably bad in all regards.

A computer analyzes every single possibility multiple moves ahead, and then uses an agreed upon algorithm to determine the overall value of the positions X moves down the road. That is how a chess engine works, so idk what the fuck you are talking about regarding only some moves matter.

Go back to the F class forums and discuss your "some moves matter" chess theory there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every problem the west faces is shallow and cosmetic. We are the ones who created an environment where words and opinions can have as much power as the missile launchers at your disposal. We introduced democracy and freedom into the world. While the poor and destitute are still not equal to the west, we have acknowledged their rights in this modern day and age where others would've conquered and plundered. We have given them a voice and continue to louden that voice so that some day when the world is ready they will stand equal to us. We are often villified for the ineffectiveness with which we uphold our ideals, but at least we have ideals that allow the rest of the world to question us. We are often painted as immoral for pre-emptively defending our position, even though we have earned it by prevailing over fascists and corrupt rich men. While not free from corruption ourselves, we offer the best chance humanity has at progression.

Yes we are still learning, humankind has only been around for so long after all. But show me another point in history where a civilisation has made as many strides for peace and human rights as the west has in the modern day. When you look at humanity as a whole, objectively, you cannot help but stand in awe of the achievements of the west. The USA cannot fall, because it is too powerful. Its allies in Europe fall under the same category. If it ever came down to it, the west would defend itself with supreme efficacy and valour as it always has done, and therefore the USA will never fall, at least not for the forseeable future. If only all of those indoctrinated extremists were provided with an objective education and given the choice to decide for themselves what they believe in, I bet barely even a fraction would remain who are prepared to blow themselves up killing innocent civilians.

Everyone in the west needs to regain perspective on the achievements of our kind and regain some pride in what we have achieved. The self-hatred I see from people in the west these days disturbs me to no end.

Adding in a video for posterity:
    Last edited by Tuvok; 2012-11-12 at 10:48 PM.
    "The truth, my goal."

God damn. You're attacking me and acting like I'm making claims I'm not making. I never said that Texas could "take on the rest of the US." I know the US military would end up kicking Texas' ass in the end. I'm saying that they wouldn't be pushovers. It wouldn't be a totally one-sided conflict. You seem to have a bias against Texans in general and aren't really even reading what I'm saying.[COLOR="red"]
    I can't believe im throwing my hat in this silly little thread, but here goes.

The national guard is about as close to a "state militia" as you are going to get. The Air Force Base, etc , are all federal. Do you honestly believe that all of these federal military bases are going to "rise up" when they know the capabilities of our military as a whole? You are right. It wouldn't be a pushover. It would be a no contest. Thats why this is all idiocy to begin with. There is no way a succession will ever happen again. Not in our lifetime and probably not in our kids or grandkids lifetime.

There is no "binding" reason or excuse for civil war. There is no slavery. Most states are divided in two already due to the political parties we have. Each state couldn't agree to succeed or not to succeed for that very reason, much less follow through with it.

Dear professor, I'm sorry I didn't cheat and google. I know you do your part in telling people to become informed. So I suggest you give some credit to people who don't always look up references or wiki every moment of their lives.
    More excuses for bad info...
    Just stop posting

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    I can't believe im throwing my hat in this silly little thread, but here goes.

The national guard is about as close to a "state militia" as you are going to get. The Air Force Base, etc , are all federal. Do you honestly believe that all of these federal military bases are going to "rise up" when they know the capabilities of our military as a whole? You are right. It wouldn't be a pushover. It would be a no contest. Thats why this is all idiocy to begin with. There is no way a succession will ever happen again. Not in our lifetime and probably not in our kids or grandkids lifetime.

There is no "binding" reason or excuse for civil war. There is no slavery. Most states are divided in two already due to the political parties we have. Each state couldn't agree to succeed or not to succeed for that very reason, much less follow through with it.
    Exactly, and they wonder why they have a rep for being egotistical blowhards.
    #1 Those are not your bases. #2 Even if they were, the idea you think you have any chance to even resist is what makes you egotistical. Its laughable....it really is.

The US blows as much money as the rest of the world combined on defense, and the great state of texas thinks it can repeat the alamao and defend that off? ROFL!!

And I am fucking Santa Claus!
    Last edited by Obamatheone; 2012-11-12 at 10:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I find funny is that, according to the OP, more residents of Louisiana than Texas want Texas to secede - Louisiana REALLY don't likes Texas, do they? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    There's this concept called "fun." I know it's foreign to most of the people on this forum, but perhaps you should look into it; there's a school of thought that suggests it's integral to why people play games.

When we live in the Information Age, there is absolutely no excuse not to use the tools and resources available. I do not give people 'credit' for attacking people for not having the facts when they, themselves, do not have or understand the facts.

Having sources is how you back up your arguments with fact. It is not cheating to have sources, and any college freshman who has ever had to write a research paper would agree with that.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

I support Texas seceding.

And then I will promptly move there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    Every problem the west faces is shallow and cosmetic. We are the ones who created an environment where words and opinions can have as much power as the missile launchers at your disposal. We introduced democracy and freedom into the world. While the poor and destitute are still not equal to the west, we have acknowledged their rights in this modern day and age where others would've conquered and plundered. We have given them a voice and continue to louden that voice so that some day when the world is ready they will stand equal to us. We are often villified for the ineffectiveness with which we uphold our ideals, but at least we have ideals that allow the rest of the world to question us. We are often painted as immoral for pre-emptively defending our position, even though we have earned it by prevailing over fascists and corrupt rich men. While not free from corruption ourselves, we offer the best chance humanity has at progression.

Yes we are still learning, humankind has only been around for so long after all. But show me another point in history where a civilisation has made as many strides for peace and human rights as the west has in the modern day. When you look at humanity as a whole, objectively, you cannot help but stand in awe of the achievements of the west. The USA cannot fall, because it is too powerful. Its allies in Europe fall under the same category. If it ever came down to it, the west would defend itself with supreme efficacy and valour as it always has done, and therefore the USA will never fall, at least not for the forseeable future. If only all of those indoctrinated extremists were provided with an objective education and given the choice to decide for themselves what they believe in, I bet barely even a fraction would remain who are prepared to blow themselves up killing innocent civilians.

Everyone in the west needs to regain perspective on the achievements of our kind and regain some pride in what we have achieved. The self-hatred I see from people in the west these days disturbs me to no end.
    You had a grammar error "civilization" as it should be. I respect your view. And it seems like a good one. But, it seems just abit naive. Just like in science, nothing is absolute. The idea that the U.S. won't fall, is too unrealistic. Far in the future it may be different. Or may not. But to say something to be so certain Is fallacy, I'm sorry it's what I believe. As your allowed to believe the way you do.