Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    You should at least have to go to a couple interviews proving your actually trying to gain employment. There is no reason for these people to ever go to work, they will make the same amount of money for not going to work.

"claiming Obama gives out more welfare, by lowering the requirements. "

47 million now on welfare (way up) and he did lower the requirements with no requirements...
    The countries economy goes to shits, and welfare goes up....
    That's as logic as it possibly gets....
    Who gets bitten in the ass first? The one that sits on comfortable savings, or the one that barely scrapes by?

10+ Year Old Account
    So your saying the "Our ruling" is inaccurate?

Internet chatter claiming that Obama gave cell phones to welfare recipients contained a tiny grain of truth: The federal government does have a program to subsidize phone service for low-income people. That program, though, existed long before Obama became president.

So obama is president and people on welfare/low income qualify for a free cell phone but the original statement only contains a tiny grain of truth? Just saying, if they cant understand this they really shouldnt be checking facts.

Hehe... The claim was that Obama was offering cell phones to get people to vote for him. The claim was shown to be false. The claim was made by a biased source, Adam Putnam. You claimed to just skim the Forbes article because it was "really biased" so I reminded you not only of the source, "from the left," but also a biased claim you had made in return.
    Factor in how much obama has spent on the people who voted for him, the numbers arent even close. Been buying votes with ebt cards and obama phones for the last 4 years.
    So you now attempt to retroactively alter the claim? Come on, you can do better than that.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

everybody wishes it would. But it wont. Before its over and done with the US will be like nazi germany for a little while. Without the genocide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    And when I think of it... Texas oil.... I don't know that now either, but I can see that there's a high possibility of oil lands that are property of the USA and not state, or privately owned.
    The land in Texas is mostly owned by the petroleum industry, however all the off shore oil is on federally controlled "property". The Oil companies lease the right from the federal government to drill with in 50 miles of the coast line.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    So with Obama's victory, people had enough sh17, since they're expecting things to go down hill even more.
    US is falling apart.

Your thoughts?
    It makes me laugh how stupid people really are, how do you think Texas could be where it is WITHOUT the rest of the USA? Oh yeah, they would be Mexico...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    everybody wishes it would. But it wont. Before its over and done with the US will be like nazi germany for a little while. Without the genocide.
    help me here. I don't get it... what are you trying to say?

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    So you now attempt to retroactively alter the claim? Come on, you can do better than that.
    Are you saying people on ebt and obama phones voted for romney? Are you also saying that pandering to them didnt affect their vote? Come on man

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    The land in Texas is mostly owned by the petroleum industry, however all the off shore oil is on federally controlled "property". The Oil companies lease the right from the federal government to drill with in 50 miles of the coast line.
    Mineral rights often aren't the same as the property owners.

As for the offshore oil in the Gulf, if Texas did become its own country, it would have territorial waters like any other country, and gain access to the whole Texas Gulf Coast when it comes to oil.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Oneleg View Post
    It makes me laugh how stupid people really are, how do you think Texas could be where it is WITHOUT the rest of the USA? Oh yeah, they would be Mexico...
    Yep, someone built that interstate leading to texas...

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Are you saying people on ebt and obama phones voted for romney? Are you also saying that pandering to them didnt affect their vote? Come on man
    I will bring up my Southern family again, half of them are on some form of state assistance. All of them voted for Rmoney except my one Lesbian cousin she and her partner voted for Ron Paul.

you claimed he bought the vote with ebt and phones. that claim was soundly refuted. you are moving goalposts at record speed, trying to cover the fact that you got caught out there on a blatantly false claim. time to man up and wear it

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    you claimed he bought the vote with ebt and phones. that claim was soundly refuted. you are moving goalposts at record speed, trying to cover the fact that you got caught out there on a blatantly false claim. time to man up and wear it
    He did buy votes with ebt and phones... You think these people would of gotten out to vote if they didnt have something on the line?

I disagree with your opinion that they didnt have some sort of impact on their vote. Its not really provable but should be common sense, people vote for what benefits them directly, rich or poor. Its as laughable as saying romneys proposed tax cuts for big business didnt influence corp america's vote. They just liked the guy i guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Mineral rights often aren't the same as the property owners.

As for the offshore oil in the Gulf, if Texas did become its own country, it would have territorial waters like any other country, and gain access to the whole Texas Gulf Coast when it comes to oil.
    Not likely, The US claims waters all over the world regardless of which country it is close to. Texas would get the standard 1 mile off the coast the other 200 miles claimed by the US would remain US waters.

See image.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. So there wouldn't be dipping into the oil offshore for Texas then. Unless, you say federally controlled.. just controlled or owned?
    I mean I know the economic zone reaches as far as 200 miles. But the gulf is a clusterfuck of borders. USA, Mexico both border the gulf. There we have a problem already. I'm sure it isn't a problem, and they worked it out already long time ago, but how is it divided?
    And if the USA owns it now. If Texas splits, then they have the 200 miles rights. Yet again there's Mexico to the left, and Louisiana to the right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not likely, The US claims waters all over the world regardless of which country it is close to. Texas would get the standard 1 mile off the coast the other 200 miles claimed by the US would remain US waters.

See image.

Those are all American territories.

He did buy votes with ebt and phones... You think these people would of gotten out to vote if they didnt have something on the line?

I disagree with your opinion that they didnt have some sort of impact on their vote. Its not really provable but should be common sense, people vote for what benefits them directly, rich or poor. Its as laughable as saying romneys proposed tax cuts for big business didnt influence corp america's vote. They just liked the guy i guess
    there is a difference between supporting policy in self interest and being bought by programs already in place. do you also feel that republican votes were bought with promises of less taxes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe... So we should say that Bush Junior was buying their votes? How about Clinton? Should we even go all the way back to Bush Senior? The implication of the claim was that Obama was doing something his predecessors had "not" done. If Obama is doing the same thing democrats and republicans have done before him, if you want to be "liberal" about it, then the claim still loses traction.

Either he didn't buy or influence people's votes through federal programs or everyone has.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-11-14 at 10:33 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Those are all American territories.
    Yes and America claims 200 nautical miles from the coast of our territories, only Between Hawaii and Midway there is 1100 nautical miles of nothing which the US claims. the Johnston Atoll which has a circle of 200 nautical miles of US territory is 1 square mile and used as an airstrip. Palmyra Atoll is a reef with trees on it, it has no human habitation or use. yet it has the 200 mile radius.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...resolution.png

http://www.sweatywaders.com/wp-conte...myra_atoll.jpg

America claims raw ocean as territory and dares other countries to say anything. the only other two nations to make a claim for 200 nautical miles is the UK and the Soviet union, the current Russia government could care less about 200 nautical miles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and America claims 200 nautical miles from the coast of our territories, only Between Hawaii and Midway there is 1100 nautical miles of nothing which the US claims. the Johnston Atoll which has a circle of 200 nautical miles of US territory is 1 square mile and used as an airstrip. Palmyra Atoll is a reef with trees on it, it has no human habitation or use. yet it has the 200 mile radius.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...resolution.png

http://www.sweatywaders.com/wp-conte...myra_atoll.jpg

America claims raw ocean as territory and dares other countries to say anything. the only other two nations to make a claim for 200 nautical miles is the UK and the Soviet union, the current Russia government could care less about 200 nautical miles.
    Yup, but if Texas were its own country, it would be entitled to up to 200 miles extending outwards from its baseline coast as its exclusive Economic Zone, just like every other country.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2012-11-14 at 10:42 PM.

Babys are things that cannot take care of themselves and need assistance. Think you got your analogy backwards since the 47% are pretty much adult babies and voted democrat.
    Part of that 47% does count people who actually do work though, they just don't make enough to pay federal taxes or are except from them for one reason or another.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...rcent-comment/

Unfortunately I can't even find the question that was asked of Romney to make him even make the 47% comment. I would like to find that but no website seems to want to give that info out.