Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Are you saying people on ebt and obama phones voted for romney? Are you also saying that pandering to them didnt affect their vote? Come on man
    you claimed he bought the vote with ebt and phones. that claim was soundly refuted. you are moving goalposts at record speed, trying to cover the fact that you got caught out there on a blatantly false claim. time to man up and wear it

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    you claimed he bought the vote with ebt and phones. that claim was soundly refuted. you are moving goalposts at record speed, trying to cover the fact that you got caught out there on a blatantly false claim. time to man up and wear it
    He did buy votes with ebt and phones... You think these people would of gotten out to vote if they didnt have something on the line?

I disagree with your opinion that they didnt have some sort of impact on their vote. Its not really provable but should be common sense, people vote for what benefits them directly, rich or poor. Its as laughable as saying romneys proposed tax cuts for big business didnt influence corp america's vote. They just liked the guy i guess

In Thrall's loving embrace, all hail ThrallChrist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Mineral rights often aren't the same as the property owners.

As for the offshore oil in the Gulf, if Texas did become its own country, it would have territorial waters like any other country, and gain access to the whole Texas Gulf Coast when it comes to oil.
    Not likely, The US claims waters all over the world regardless of which country it is close to. Texas would get the standard 1 mile off the coast the other 200 miles claimed by the US would remain US waters.

See image.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    The land in Texas is mostly owned by the petroleum industry, however all the off shore oil is on federally controlled "property". The Oil companies lease the right from the federal government to drill with in 50 miles of the coast line.
    Interesting. So there wouldn't be dipping into the oil offshore for Texas then. Unless, you say federally controlled.. just controlled or owned?
    I mean I know the economic zone reaches as far as 200 miles. But the gulf is a clusterfuck of borders. USA, Mexico both border the gulf. There we have a problem already. I'm sure it isn't a problem, and they worked it out already long time ago, but how is it divided?
    And if the USA owns it now. If Texas splits, then they have the 200 miles rights. Yet again there's Mexico to the left, and Louisiana to the right.

Not likely, The US claims waters all over the world regardless of which country it is close to. Texas would get the standard 1 mile off the coast the other 200 miles claimed by the US would remain US waters.

See image.

Those are all American territories.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

He did buy votes with ebt and phones... You think these people would of gotten out to vote if they didnt have something on the line?

I disagree with your opinion that they didnt have some sort of impact on their vote. Its not really provable but should be common sense, people vote for what benefits them directly, rich or poor. Its as laughable as saying romneys proposed tax cuts for big business didnt influence corp america's vote. They just liked the guy i guess
    there is a difference between supporting policy in self interest and being bought by programs already in place. do you also feel that republican votes were bought with promises of less taxes?

Are you saying people on ebt and obama phones voted for romney? Are you also saying that pandering to them didnt affect their vote? Come on man
    Hehe... So we should say that Bush Junior was buying their votes? How about Clinton? Should we even go all the way back to Bush Senior? The implication of the claim was that Obama was doing something his predecessors had "not" done. If Obama is doing the same thing democrats and republicans have done before him, if you want to be "liberal" about it, then the claim still loses traction.

Either he didn't buy or influence people's votes through federal programs or everyone has.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-11-14 at 10:33 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Those are all American territories.
    Yes and America claims 200 nautical miles from the coast of our territories, only Between Hawaii and Midway there is 1100 nautical miles of nothing which the US claims. the Johnston Atoll which has a circle of 200 nautical miles of US territory is 1 square mile and used as an airstrip. Palmyra Atoll is a reef with trees on it, it has no human habitation or use. yet it has the 200 mile radius.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...resolution.png

http://www.sweatywaders.com/wp-conte...myra_atoll.jpg

America claims raw ocean as territory and dares other countries to say anything. the only other two nations to make a claim for 200 nautical miles is the UK and the Soviet union, the current Russia government could care less about 200 nautical miles.

Yes and America claims 200 nautical miles from the coast of our territories, only Between Hawaii and Midway there is 1100 nautical miles of nothing which the US claims. the Johnston Atoll which has a circle of 200 nautical miles of US territory is 1 square mile and used as an airstrip. Palmyra Atoll is a reef with trees on it, it has no human habitation or use. yet it has the 200 mile radius.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...resolution.png

http://www.sweatywaders.com/wp-conte...myra_atoll.jpg

America claims raw ocean as territory and dares other countries to say anything. the only other two nations to make a claim for 200 nautical miles is the UK and the Soviet union, the current Russia government could care less about 200 nautical miles.
    Yup, but if Texas were its own country, it would be entitled to up to 200 miles extending outwards from its baseline coast as its exclusive Economic Zone, just like every other country.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2012-11-14 at 10:42 PM.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

Babys are things that cannot take care of themselves and need assistance. Think you got your analogy backwards since the 47% are pretty much adult babies and voted democrat.
    Part of that 47% does count people who actually do work though, they just don't make enough to pay federal taxes or are except from them for one reason or another.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...rcent-comment/

Unfortunately I can't even find the question that was asked of Romney to make him even make the 47% comment. I would like to find that but no website seems to want to give that info out.

47 million now on welfare (way up) and he did lower the requirements with no requirements...
    Welfare went up in a time of economic recession?

You don't say . . .

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Stood in the Fire Arthur-the-exalted's Avatar
    I love how many people bash the people trying to do this, but guess what assholes ALL 50 STATS HAVE FILLED FOR SECESSION! So please stfu about the south being stupid, and stfu about people doing it being stupid, congrats your all in a state doing it....http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...40.html....The chance of any of these states actually seceding is about 0%, its the fact so many people want to, they are sick of the government and want change.

this thread is a little too long...

Oh yeah, its completely gone viral. Isn't there one for Austin seceding, if Texas secedes, so it can rejoin the United States?

Yep, here it is.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-11-14 at 10:59 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Internet chatter claiming that Obama gave cell phones to welfare recipients contained a tiny grain of truth.

Tiny grain of truth? Do they get cell phones or not? PoLOLitico at its finest.
    Proof. Give me proof. We have presented our proof, you present your proof. Until then you have absolutely no foundation on which to base your argument on.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur-the-exalted View Post
    I love how many people bash the people trying to do this, but guess what assholes ALL 50 STATS HAVE FILLED FOR SECESSION! So please stfu about the south being stupid, and stfu about people doing it being stupid, congrats your all in a state doing it....http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...40.html....The chance of any of these states actually seceding is about 0%, its the fact so many people want to, they are sick of the government and want change.
    Its nothing more than the far right conservatives, which can be found in small numbers in every state, butthurt because Obama won. Nothing more.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Proof. Give me proof. We have presented our proof, you present your proof. Until then you have absolutely no foundation on which to base your argument on.
    The fact that they received cell phones isnt proof enough? Tiny grain of truth is what exactly? There is no grey area, its true or false...

"Unfortunately I can't even find the question that was asked of Romney to make him even make the 47% comment. I would like to find that but no website seems to want to give that info out. "

It was a comment made mid conversation behind the scene's. A tmz like camera got it and amplified the sound to make it audible since it was from another room.

"Welfare went up in a time of economic recession?"

Have you ever seen a dog chase its own tail?

"Yup, but if Texas were its own country, it would be entitled to up to 200 miles extending outwards from its baseline coast as its exclusive Economic Zone, just like every other country. "

That a lot of natural gas, they would be like the saudi's. All that natural gas our current gov refuses to take = no competition.
    Last edited by chadwix; 2012-11-14 at 11:17 PM.

The fact that they received cell phones isnt proof enough? Tiny grain of truth is what exactly? There is no grey area, its true or false...

"Unfortunately I can't even find the question that was asked of Romney to make him even make the 47% comment. I would like to find that but no website seems to want to give that info out. "

It was a comment made mid conversation behind the scene's. A tmz like camera got it and amplified the sound to make it audible since it was from another room.

"Welfare went up in a time of economic recession?"

Have you ever seen a dog chase its own tail?
    I think you lack a fundamental understanding on what "proof" is. Ie, link something legitimate.
    “A fool is not a person who does not know something. Rather, a fool is a person who is given information but who chooses to ignore what he is given based on how he wants things to be, rather than how things are."

General Off-Topic Forum Moderator
    XKCD is always relevant. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I think you lack a fundamental understanding on what "proof" is. Ie, link something legitimate.
    How about that obama phone lady video? Are you debating whether or not people get gov funded cell phones? I really dont understand your side in something that is obvious/known.

"Yup, but if Texas were its own country, it would be entitled to up to 200 miles extending outwards from its baseline coast as its exclusive Economic Zone, just like every other country. "
    Internationally Agreed to Maritime Law States "This doctrine limited any nation's rights to the ocean to a narrow belt, traditionally 4.8 kilometers (3 miles), surrounding its coastline and declared the rest of the seas to be free to all nations and belonging to no one. ", Only the USA, UK, and Soviet Union ever said they had a special case and could claim more. The US claims 200 miles and has the worlds Largest Navy to back it up. Oh and the US enforces the 3 mile rule on all other nations.