Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, you're making "connections" and not substantiating anything.

People also dont recognize the types of foods obama made available with ebt. You can now get any cold food (deli sub, salad, mt dew, doritoes etc) with it.

The funny thing (i learned at the deli) is that if you get your sub pressed/steamed or bacon (freshly cooked) ebt will not cover it. But there are tons of great foods (especially if you cook), you can get filet's and lobster if you want now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    What i can pin on him is taking away the work requirement to qualify for these phones. Work requirement is looking for a job, not having one. But then again these people cant get a photo id over the span of 4 years to combat voter fraud, i guess 2 interviews a month is asking a lot...

I never have to work again, i get $550 a month for food and a $80 cell phone plan. Im 18 btw.

You will always receive these benefits if you choose to work or not. All you have to do is vote democrat!!!
    It's fairly difficult to look for a job in this day and age without a phone. It's sort of a chicken and the egg deal. Sure you can go into the store and apply, but how are they going to reach you? Employers don't mail out letters that you were or were not hired. So you really need a phone to look for a job, but you need to be looking for a job to get a phone. See the issue?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Employers don't mail out letters that you were or were not hired.
    Sig based, you just get the managers (or whoevers) sig on your paper, they look good for hiring and you look good for looking. Mail it in or turn it in monthly. They may check, they may not, kinda like the irs.

It would probably have a psychological impact with all the failure, people dont like losing all the time. But that goes against the democratic plan, keep them where they are and everythings fine. Really, how much have the democrats helped these people over the years? I dont see a lot of change in the lower income area's. Born poor, die poor, voted democrat. Lapdogs for a dollar while they are making millions

10+ Year Old Account
    Apologies, just can't help myself.
    Im 18 btw
    Anyone else completely not surprised?

So where are we at again? A petition whose claims do not hold up to any sort of serious examination. Treated as so much of a joke that there are now petitions for every state to secede and even petitions for cities to secede if the states they are in, secede. Ongoing assumptions about Obama that also continue to not survive any sort of serious examination. And... some debate over the causes of the 1860's civil war and Slavery. Well at least the last one is actually stimulating.

At least the word "secede" is getting a workout. Doubt its had this much exercise since the 1850's.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Internationally Agreed to Maritime Law States "This doctrine limited any nation's rights to the ocean to a narrow belt, traditionally 4.8 kilometers (3 miles), surrounding its coastline and declared the rest of the seas to be free to all nations and belonging to no one. ", Only the USA, UK, and Soviet Union ever said they had a special case and could claim more. The US claims 200 miles and has the worlds Largest Navy to back it up. Oh and the US enforces the 3 mile rule on all other nations.
    The UN Convention on the Law of the Sea provides for an Exlcusive Economic Zone extending 200 miles from the baseline shoreline of each nation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exclusive_economic_zone
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

15+ Year Old Account
    Sig based, you just get the managers (or whoevers) sig on your paper, they look good for hiring and you look good for looking. Mail it in or turn it in monthly. They may check, they may not, kinda like the irs.

It would probably have a psychological impact with all the failure, people dont like losing all the time. But that goes against the democratic plan, keep them where they are and everythings fine. Really, how much have the democrats helped these people over the years? I dont see a lot of change in the lower income area's. Born poor, die poor, voted democrat. Lapdogs for a dollar while they are making millions
    I don't think that is a democrat thing. Born poor, stay poor, die poor, is pretty much the goal of the elite class and its been that way since humans appeared on the planet. That applies to every elite regardless of political affiliation.

If you are getting $550 per month for food though, that is a freaking crime. Anyone who spends that much without a family is wildly irresponsible. But I'm sure it is true. I just hope you use it on food and not cash it in for half the amount of real money like thousands and thousands of people do in Michigan. Take your bridge card to the store, walk out with cash while the guy at the store makes money from the government.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Apologies, just can't help myself.

Anyone else completely not surprised?
    No wonder you havent understood what ive been saying Im not 18, nor am i on ebt/phone. May wanna check out that guy with the simpsons sig/avatar though :P

"The UN Convention on the Law of the Sea provides for an Exlcusive Economic Zone extending 200 miles from the baseline shoreline of each nation."

Would 200miles be enough or is it all the natural gas in the middle of the gulf?

"If you are getting $550 per month for food though, that is a freaking crime"

I was talking to a homeless guy (still wish i gave him money, he didnt ask) and he said his was lost in the mail and he was looking forward to it big time. Said he had $537 coming (rounded up for dramatic effect).

"Hehe... It sounded so genuine though."

Need to learn how to do the ;" crap when doing a parody.

"Take your bridge card to the store, walk out with cash while the guy at the store makes money from the government. "

I tried to get on food stamps in college for this exact reason. Had a guy that would sell me $5 worth a beer for $8 in stamps
    Last edited by chadwix; 2012-11-15 at 01:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No wonder you havent understood what ive been saying Im not 18, nor am i on ebt/phone. May wanna check out that guy with the simpsons sig/avatar though :P
    Hehe... It fits your behavior so well though.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-11-15 at 01:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

"The UN Convention on the Law of the Sea provides for an Exlcusive Economic Zone extending 200 miles from the baseline shoreline of each nation."

Would 200miles be enough or is it all the natural gas in the middle of the gulf?
    I don't think we can drill in water as deep as the middle of the gulf. The deepest water depth we've ever drilled in was around 3 km. The water in the abyssal plain of the Gulf of Mexico is deeper than 3 km.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Are you saying people on ebt and obama phones voted for romney? Are you also saying that pandering to them didnt affect their vote? Come on man
    Are you saying that continuing a program going since 1985, and expanded by Bush is catering to welfare recipients by Obama? Because 2+2 isn't sasquatch.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Are you saying that continuing a program going since 1985, and expanded by Bush is catering to welfare recipients by Obama? Because 2+2 isn't sasquatch.
    hes just going to babble about work requirements, he thinks it's a winner. never mind the fact that it's not true. all that happened was that the govt said they would be open to allowing states to try their own methods, something conservatives claim to love, until it actually happens, then claim obama did something terrible

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    hes just going to babble about work requirements, he thinks it's a winner. never mind the fact that it's not true. all that happened was that the govt said they would be open to allowing states to try their own methods, something conservatives claim to love, until it actually happens, then claim obama did something terrible
    Again though, can you really blame them? The "conservatives" let Junior molest them, ideologically, for years. The weight of their collective guilt and frustration over self-imposed powerlessness, must be onerous. So of course they are going to look for anyone, besides themselves of course, to blame. A dark skinned fellow with a foreign sounding name and liberal credentials gets elected president of the United States? A perfect target for all their angst and impotence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will not ever happen.

This topic is somewhat tied to our right to bear arms. You want to try and secede from the Union by all means give it a go. Then when the full force of the military comes down on you and all you have are the weapons you have been legally been allowed to purchase we'll see where you stand. Talk about bringing a knife to a gun fight...

At least in that situation you can see your killer, with the way our military is equipped now you'll be dead before you ever realize youre being targeted.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have something to say, by all means, say it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention that before Junior? A centrist democrat from Arkansas not only balanced the budget, something they fail to do over and over again, but did it while being "serviced" by an intern or two. Talk about adding insult to injury. Doesn't that deserve some sympathy?

Obama is like Jay Wilson, he took these social programs and doubled it!! More purchasing variety with ebt, data on your phone and best of all, no requirements to receive these things.

You maybe right, i live in florida and we maybe an ebt friendly state. Cant speak for other states.

What obama did is great, someone has to pay for these things though. The people paying are the ones against these policies, thats the issue. Making them pay more for services they arent entitled to is insane. Id be on ebt if i could, i see people in line getting the same damn sub as me on ebt. Its not fair to make someone pay for things they arent allowed to use, especially when they are paying the bulk.

"If you have something to say, by all means, say it. "

is messing around joking right? Actually i do have something to say to you, i cant stand the packers, they sucked until the "real" refs came back. Temps werent smart enough to fix games apparently :P
    Last edited by chadwix; 2012-11-15 at 01:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You tell me. I didn't say jack about your age, but you seem to have something to say about me. So what is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry though, thanks to the republicans throwing such a fit over Obama, we've got a "fiscal cliff" coming that will soon put big dents in those entitlements... Almost like they thought they would be in charge by then or something. Well, except for the big entitlements like Social Security and Medicare of course. Plus all the taxes will go back to what they were under the guy having fun with cigars and interns. Downright karmic how the republicans keep on reaping what they themselves were sowing.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-11-15 at 01:34 AM.

I think this whole thing is WAY overblown. There are around 315 million US citizens. The most any state has that signed this is 7000? That's 7 out of every 315,000 people. You could get more people to sign a pledge to beat up Justin Beiber.