Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rommon64 View Post
    My argument isn't that it's not getting crappy, but that it's never BEEN not crappy.
    We didn't start the fire
    It was always burning since the world's been turning
    We didn't start the fire
    No we didn't light it but we tried to fight it
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    We didn't start the fire
    We didn't start the fire
    Basically, yeah.
    Wiping is Fun! ™

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    We didn't start the fire
    We didn't start the fire
    Buncha Baby Boomer nonsense! They did start the fire!
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

I would say yes, BUT while all great empires collapse even Rome's demise took longer then the united states existed let alone been a world power. The question is will people head history's warning, sadly with way things are going I vote no.
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

The whole world is falling apart, not just the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    Sucks to live in the world which is ruled by greed and hatred.

Still surprised how my posz got +1k posts in about a week =P.
    Considering that the petition thing has already petered out, and its still gone nowhere. I doubt you'll get that many posts this time.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

In Thrall's loving embrace, all hail ThrallChrist.
    Gratz on Necro thread revival.

The USA is not falling apart, it is still young in it's own history, and as the world moves towards a Type 1 civilization America will be very much apart of the new global community.

As it sits America less and less like the empires of old and has become something very different than what can be described as Empire.

Sure it is a Global Super power with the largest military, and it and the UK has caused trade language of the world to be English,and it's products and inventions are used by most people of the world. As a nation and as a people it has almost no international motivations. So unlike Rome which always wanted to conquer the next people. America is not likely to fallow the path of Rome. Sure plenty of people Hate America, we see daily posts by a certain three posters expressing their hate of both Israel and the USA. But even these people use the Internet a computer with an operating system, they can read and write English (at times better than me). So is America failing as an idea as a people or as a nation? nope it is constantly reinventing itself and ever striving for a greater understanding of the idea of a Federal Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Gratz on Necro thread revival.

The USA is not falling apart, it is still young in it's own history, and as the world moves towards a Type 1 civilization America will be very much apart of the new global community.

As it sits America less and less like the empires of old and has become something very different than what can be described as Empire.

Sure it is a Global Super power with the largest military, and it and the UK has caused trade language of the world to be English,and it's products and inventions are used by most people of the world. As a nation and as a people it has almost no international motivations. So unlike Rome which always wanted to conquer the next people. America is not likely to fallow the path of Rome. Sure plenty of people Hate America, we see daily posts by a certain three posters expressing their hate of both Israel and the USA. But even these people use the Internet a computer with an operating system, they can read and write English (at times better than me). So is America failing as an idea as a people or as a nation? nope it is constantly reinventing itself and ever striving for a greater understanding of the idea of a Federal Republic.
    ^^^I'd label this the post of the day...

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Secession is illegal
    10th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Thoughts? Secession is illegal, and failed in 1860. This is crap brought to you by malcontent whiners and nothing more.
    Ditto. Although I would had never used the word malcontent. Damn my American education.
    this is my signature... jealous?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Really? I dont think its illegal. States have the right to leave the US. Why wouldnt they? If Texas believes that its better for them to leave then they should. I as a resident of Virginia dont care, and wouldnt care if Virginia decided to leave.

What grounds the the US military have to attack Texas if it secedes?

The reason states wont secede has nothing to do with the US military, it has to do with not only a lot of laws that are going to have to change, as well as politicians at the top spots are not going to allow their own state to leave.

In a country that was founded on becoming independent it would be hypocritical to not let states secede.
    You should seriously study the history of your country, it seems like you got a huge blank there the size of one of the biggest conflicts in US history.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Oboloz View Post
    Pretty sure SCOTUS ruled unilateral succession unconstitutional.

Quote Originally Posted by Oboloz View Post
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

This does not make Secession legal. The Supreme courts ruling on the matter made it clear why with Texas vs White

Chase, [Chief Justice], ruled in favor of Texas on the ground that the Confederate state government in Texas had no legal existence on the basis that the secession of Texas from the United States was illegal. The critical finding underpinning the ruling that Texas could not secede from the United States was that, following its admission to the United States in 1845, Texas had become part of "an indestructible Union, composed of indestructible states." In practical terms, this meant that Texas has never seceded from the United States
    Basically the Preamble to the Constitution prevents Secession.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Once you are officially a State you are apart of 'a more perfect Union'

The USA isn't falling apart. People are just fed up with not having a real leader as president. Obama is only leader of his political party, not leader of the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkacid View Post
    The USA isn't falling apart. People are just fed up with not having a real leader as president. Obama is only leader of his political party, not leader of the United States.

No he is the President of the United States of America, The Majority of Americans voted for him twice. The issue is that a small percentage of Americans have become so extreme in their hate and beliefs that they refuse to work with a black man, which is bad for the Republicans because this minority now controls the Republican Party.