Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    Did you see what they had to respond to?

    What was it, like, the hundredth time they've had to respond to something about the Cinder Kitten because someone is trying to find something wrong in everything Blizz ever does. The poster that was being responded to had a pretty deplorable thought process that should've been left at home.

    Personally, from all the crap that they get constantly from people who never just read the patch notes and never just enjoy the game, I'm surprised there isn't more rage from the Blues!

    Exactly. I love that I play a game where people who are outright fucking wrong are told so by the Community Managers and Developers. I would rather have game designers and community managers that put people in their place than take it 100% of the time.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    Personally, from all the crap that they get constantly from people who never just read the patch notes and never just enjoy the game, I'm surprised there isn't more rage from the Blues!
    Because we pay the subs, so we provide them with the useless jobs they have - so we want to hear something else than "Well, devs said so - deal with it.", or "NO NONO NONONOO NONO, we dont hide gear/enchanting patterns/etc. behind dailies so you've something to do", or my favourite "running 5 mens is already rewarding enought!!!111"...

    Now if 5 mens would be rewarding beyond the point you reach 460 ilvl and reach a point of FULL-STOP because you've to wait for LFR resets or alt runs with your... alts. I certainly wont ever repeat the daily quest grind on another character.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 12:52 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Exactly. I love that I play a game where people who are outright fucking wrong are told so by the Community Managers and Developers. I would rather have game designers and community managers that put people in their place than take it 100% of the time.
    Excuse me, but could you exactly point out where the community (or the posters which were responded to) were wrong by wanting a change to the daily quest chore?

  3. #23
    I'd move Item Level and Upgrade Level to the bottom, but other than that, the new tooltip looks great. I never could figure out why we still had secondary stats below everything. All stats should be together.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post

    Excuse me, but could you exactly point out where the community (or the posters which were responded to) were wrong by wanting a change to the daily quest chore?
    Im referring the the Cinder Kitten posts.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 12:01 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Parimer View Post
    I'd move Item Level and Upgrade Level to the bottom, but other than that, the new tooltip looks great. I never could figure out why we still had secondary stats below everything. All stats should be together.
    I think the mentality is "Most important to Least"

    Meaning Does this have my primary stat? -> Does this have sockets? -> Does this have secondary stats I want?

    I agree that the upgrades should be placed on the bottom especially since the answer to "Can this be upgraded" will always be yes.

  5. #25
    High Overlord Kazefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canada :D
    Posts
    146
    I really hate how it seems the CM's don't understand anything but interact anyway.

    I can almost guarantee they do dailies because they feel they have to which makes all their arguments and points invalid.

  6. #26
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    920
    Quote Originally Posted by DKissodead View Post
    Wow.
    The Blue poster above is a tatal bitch.
    Anyone else reading that crap and thought wow blue bitching so hard? Just unsub like I did.
    And when they look at the next report, they'd be all daymmm people unsubbing due to our twisted minds about reps grinding.
    That oughtta change their minds.
    its outta their hands tho, they are not developers, they are only trying to argue that you really don't have to do dailys, i don't, anymore. People are whining that they have to do them on other character, well that is a problem that comes with having a lot of characters. He's also right about the idea of a main, i solely play my warrior, all my other chars are there for farming/proffs.

    Im actually sick of this horse being beaten now, just cos you had it easy last expac (oh look all of cata was easy) doesn't mean it has to be easy now. At the end of the day the goal of mists was to get you out into the world, i think dailys fit that job just fine.

    Also i remember people saying that CMs don't post enough, or that they always come out with the same answers, and when a few finally come back at you with an answer you really can't dispute then you throw your arms in the air in an uproar, shame on you internet, shame on you.
    18 - 9 - 2012 Find the significance in this date, and you will also find the revitalization of the best game ever.

  7. #27
    looks like wow devs got no fucking Clue what they are doing.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 12:55 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Earenbane View Post
    its outta their hands tho, they are not developers, they are only trying to argue that you really don't have to do dailys, i don't, anymore. People are whining that they have to do them on other character, well that is a problem that comes with having a lot of characters. He's also right about the idea of a main, i solely play my warrior, all my other chars are there for farming/proffs.

    Im actually sick of this horse being beaten now, just cos you had it easy last expac (oh look all of cata was easy) doesn't mean it has to be easy now. At the end of the day the goal of mists was to get you out into the world, i think dailys fit that job just fine.

    Also i remember people saying that CMs don't post enough, or that they always come out with the same answers, and when a few finally come back at you with an answer you really can't dispute then you throw your arms in the air in an uproar, shame on you internet, shame on you.
    Problem is you kinda have to do them.If you are not a raider the gear from the rep is bis till you get tier gear.

  8. #28
    Wow.
    The Blue poster above is a tatal bitch.
    Anyone else reading that crap and thought wow blue bitching so hard? Just unsub like I did.
    And when they look at the next report, they'd be all daymmm people unsubbing due to our twisted minds about reps grinding.
    That oughtta change their minds.
    They adopted exactly the same attitude in cata when people complained, it's like traveling back in the time and see the history repeating itself in front of you. And guess a lot of us already know how this will end.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazefiend View Post
    I really hate how it seems the CM's don't understand anything but interact anyway.

    I can almost guarantee they do dailies because they feel they have to which makes all their arguments and points invalid.
    The whole argument will be irrelevant soon anyway, next tier there wont be vp vendors so there wont be any people feeling forced to do daily's to get gear.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahska View Post
    The whole argument will be irrelevant soon anyway, next tier there wont be vp vendors so there wont be any people feeling forced to do daily's to get gear.
    How about the 2 new factions? They have gear. And probably dailies. I know that it's not new tier. But might still hold relevant gear. In the future they will still add factions.
    Last edited by Sidone; 2012-11-12 at 03:02 AM.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    The new item tooltips look terrible and clunky.
    In what way is that clunky? Please explain that to me.

  12. #32
    Am I the only one that's noticed that the new Pay to Upgrade armor is almost worthless? I mean spending that much honor to get 30 more of stats doesn't really make it worth it to me to grind it for hours getting the currency to do it <.>

  13. #33
    Mechagnome Zephre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In the mountains?
    Posts
    553
    Those item tooltip changes are horrible, sometimes i wonder why they keep wasting time on pointless crap like this.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Lirdax View Post
    Am I the only one that's noticed that the new Pay to Upgrade armor is almost worthless? I mean spending that much honor to get 30 more of stats doesn't really make it worth it to me to grind it for hours getting the currency to do it <.>
    The point is to upgrade your BiS slots. Make the stuff that is already the best item you can have at the time and make it even better.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Those item tooltip changes are horrible, sometimes i wonder why they keep wasting time on pointless crap like this.
    And why is this pointless? Care to alaborate?
    I do not see this as pointless. It's a nice way to upgrade your good items to make them even better.
    I also do not see how they could make the new tooltips look better. Dare i say it, it looks better then it is now.
    Last edited by Sidone; 2012-11-12 at 03:33 AM.

  16. #36
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    If you knew you would run the other way.
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Those item tooltip changes are horrible, sometimes i wonder why they keep wasting time on pointless crap like this.
    So you are whining about how the tool tips look, I thought there were more important things to think about rather than what the tool tips look like.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by greycrusader12 View Post
    In what way is that clunky? Please explain that to me.

    OMG my eyes!! No, seriously, they are awful. There is no flow to them at all, its like looking a this mish mash of information that has zero organization.

    1. I don't care what the ilvl is, I want to know about stats. Put that stuff on the bottom, right above how much I can sell it for.
    2. Please get rid of the green "equip" stat numbers and just make then the same as the others. There is zero reason for them to have a special color.


    Robes of Retardation (Heroic)
    Bind on Pick up
    Chest Cloth

    stat
    stat
    equip

    Ilvl Upgrade 0/2
    Sell Price

    Wow that looks so much nicer.

  18. #38
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    If you knew you would run the other way.
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Lirdax View Post
    Am I the only one that's noticed that the new Pay to Upgrade armor is almost worthless? I mean spending that much honor to get 30 more of stats doesn't really make it worth it to me to grind it for hours getting the currency to do it <.>
    At least they give you something to spend your VP's on once you have all the VP gear you want until the new VP gear comes in 5.1 along with the JP / VP / Conq / honor gear upgrade system.

    Will give a reason to continue to get points and not just accumulate and useless like they became in Cata when once you had all BiS gear all they were good for were getting the BOE's to sell or send to alts.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 02:26 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceresc View Post
    OMG my eyes!! No, seriously, they are awful. There is no flow to them at all, its like looking a this mish mash of information that has zero organization.

    1. I don't care what the ilvl is, I want to know about stats. Put that stuff on the bottom, right above how much I can sell it for.
    2. Please get rid of the green "equip" stat numbers and just make then the same as the others. There is zero reason for them to have a special color.


    Robes of Retardation (Heroic)
    Bind on Pick up
    Chest Cloth

    stat
    stat
    equip

    Ilvl Upgrade 0/2
    Sell Price

    Wow that looks so much nicer.
    Mmmmk so in short you are concerned where they put the yellow text in the tool tip. But hang on you say all you care about is the stats and how much it sells for yet you place the ilvl change text above the sell to vendor price.

    Doesn't that impede the flow of the tool tip then, having the yellow text at the top, gets it out of the way nice a fast and leaves all relevant text in one nice readable chunk below it.
    Last edited by grexly75; 2012-11-12 at 03:59 AM.

  19. #39
    The Patient Cipero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    343
    I wouldn't argue with the blue over not doing the dailies to get the crafting recipes, and just finding someone to make them if they would only make spirit of harmony boe. Not only do I have to find someone with the recipe, but also has enough spirit of harmony because I can't supply them and that's even if they are willing to use theirs.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 12:09 AM ----------

    I don't know, I'm really just over it anyway. This isn't anything new... it's the same way the orbs were introduced to the game. BoP. I guess it works, I just don't see it.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipero View Post
    I wouldn't argue with the blue over not doing the dailies to get the crafting recipes, and just finding someone to make them if they would only make spirit of harmony boe. Not only do I have to find someone with the recipe, but also has enough spirit of harmony because I can't supply them and that's even if they are willing to use theirs.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 12:09 AM ----------

    I don't know, I'm really just over it anyway. This isn't anything new... it's the same way the orbs were introduced to the game. BoP. I guess it works, I just don't see it.
    Yeah, I agree on some of these points. Just seems like the Blues are seriously trying to find any reason they can to say that Dailies aren't somewhat being forced. They keep leaving out certain things (like the motes that are BOP, a random drop, and are required for a good bit of the higher end stuff). They continue to praise the GL dailies and not understand that it's that they lock two reps behind the GL, the actual rep takes a LOOOOONG time to get to Revered (more than I've ever seen a rep take to get to that point using just dailies), and if you don't do dailies, then you're screwed. They went from one extreme to the other here with them.

    And their thing about asking guildies for stuff like enchants leaves out one important scenario: what if the guildie you ask is a dick about it? What if you're in a high-end raiding guild that is with an extreme situation where they make you get your own stuff (I would assume that would be a sign that you need a new guild, but some guilds are like this), and you MUST have those high-end enchants or else get benched? What about the elitist guilds that run things balls to the wall all the time? They fail to think about this scenario.
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •