Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    *It is a great help to us when players use the reporting tools that we've included in the game, though. It seems that use of the AFK reporting feature has dropped off considerably, which is unfortunate, because it really does play a direct and active role in our investigations. Ultimately, cynicism doesn't help us catch the offenders. And yes, I realize that bots will clear the AFK flag by getting into combat. Rest assured that the reports can still help.*

Notice how he uses "can still help" instead of "does help". It could help...if anyone would actually bother to really check the reports out. Is it really surprising that people use the afk-button less and less if we see literally no result, we have no idea how they really work...and about 50% of players do not even know how to use them? What sense does it make to vote someone afk if 12 of 15 players in a BG are bots(happened to me twice tonight)????
    The current way of reporting needs way too much time(finding every bot on the map etc.), is way to difficult for many players...and there are literally no visible results(they ruin the game night after night and from bot users I know that even if they get a ban for some days the benefits of using bots easily make up for that). It feels like absolutely wasted time to report anyone....

Last but not least: 1 gamemaster from the US checking european servers and vice versa at night....you'd catch hundreds of bots per hour...do that for a week, ban the bots for a month and the bot using stops in less than 2 weeks...guaranteed. Instead the customers get a non-working tool so they are busy and blizz can say "oh, we are trying our best".

I must protest against the use of puppy, dolphin, narwhal...
    It's confusing and rather silly.

Why not simply use WoW's terms?
    Common, Rare, Elite, Boss
    or
    Common, Rare, Epic, Legendary

It'd make much more sense.

Finaly something to spend the unspent amount of jp and vp onto. Finaly I can get some "upgrades" for my gears.....Hoooray

Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    Yeah, I agree on some of these points. Just seems like the Blues are seriously trying to find any reason they can to say that Dailies aren't somewhat being forced. They keep leaving out certain things (like the motes that are BOP, a random drop, and are required for a good bit of the higher end stuff). They continue to praise the GL dailies and not understand that it's that they lock two reps behind the GL, the actual rep takes a LOOOOONG time to get to Revered (more than I've ever seen a rep take to get to that point using just dailies), and if you don't do dailies, then you're screwed. They went from one extreme to the other here with them.
    This is the bind they're in though - after they literally changed the world last expansion and very few cared, they want to put in a lot of content, but they also want to try to shorten the gap between the regular players who will maybe take a month to get through the zones and the ones who will rush through it like a kid cramming in cake at a party, and then start complaining that there's nothing else to do. Short of actually gating stuff like "The gates to the vale open after two months", I'm not sure what else there is for them to do.

Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    What if you're in a high-end raiding guild that is with an extreme situation where they make you get your own stuff (I would assume that would be a sign that you need a new guild, but some guilds are like this), and you MUST have those high-end enchants or else get benched? What about the elitist guilds that run things balls to the wall all the time? They fail to think about this scenario.
    But almost no-one is, though. This has been a thread running through the interactions on the forums that pretty soon one of the CMs is going to just come out and say, which is that most commenters seem to have no idea how far they are from actually being a leet min-maxer for whom any of this crap would matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    *It is a great help to us when players use the reporting tools that we've included in the game, though. It seems that use of the AFK reporting feature has dropped off considerably, which is unfortunate, because it really does play a direct and active role in our investigations. Ultimately, cynicism doesn't help us catch the offenders. And yes, I realize that bots will clear the AFK flag by getting into combat. Rest assured that the reports can still help.*

Notice how he uses "can still help" instead of "does help". It could help...if anyone would actually bother to really check the reports out. Is it really surprising that people use the afk-button less and less if we see literally no result, we have no idea how they really work...and about 50% of players do not even know how to use them? What sense does it make to vote someone afk if 12 of 15 players in a BG are bots(happened to me twice tonight)????
    The current way of reporting needs way too much time(finding every bot on the map etc.), is way to difficult for many players...and there are literally no visible results(they ruin the game night after night and from bot users I know that even if they get a ban for some days the benefits of using bots easily make up for that). It feels like absolutely wasted time to report anyone....

Last but not least: 1 gamemaster from the US checking european servers and vice versa at night....you'd catch hundreds of bots per hour...do that for a week, ban the bots for a month and the bot using stops in less than 2 weeks...guaranteed. Instead the customers get a non-working tool so they are busy and blizz can say "oh, we are trying our best".
    This first paragraph sums it up for me. Why do you need to hit Revered with GL to unlock two other factions. If this is supposed to be about choice and options then this is just hippocracy. I liked how they made factions relevant again but went OTT to the point I cba to do them at all and come next tier they will be irrelevant and a huge part of the game left to rot. Why have 463 weps from Klaxxi at exalted? By the time you reach exalted chances are a 463 wep would have dropped and next tier released. Lost their way me thinks.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Anyone know if this new upgrade feature will work on the BoA inscription staves? and will the upgrade stick if it goes between toons?

can we spend Conquest Points on PVE gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. I love that I play a game where people who are outright fucking wrong are told so by the Community Managers and Developers. I would rather have game designers and community managers that put people in their place than take it 100% of the time.
    QFT.

I like that the blues shoot back sometimes. It gives them personality.
    As a Blizzard employee I'd be offended by the OP too, but I wouldn't stay as polite as Zarhym.

"Just as an example, all the factions on Mists have rotating dailies (some of them are set, like the profession dailies for the Order of the Cloud Serpent and some of the Golden Lotus daily quests) and there's variety on them regarding what you do, which is not always kill this, gather that. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)"

They should really improve that rotating dailies system...

Because they hardly change... yesterday, after so long, finally got a daily that I never saw instead of the same ones. Would be "refreshing" if well...

People are saying all items are available for upgrading? Is this true? If so; hello 484 ilvl Relic of Chi Ji then

I do have a bit of an issue with the blues biting back *too much*(though the guy that was complaining about the cinder kitten was REALLY asking for it.) But when people are giving opinions of things they dislike in the game? For an example, I had a friend some years back whose old job was working for a department store-but his job was calling people with overdue credit card bills. Needless to say, he got treated about as well as a Blue would if they posted a picture of themselves punting a puppy with a T-shirt that says 'I LOVE DAILIES, SUCK IT PLAYERS.' But if a worker there actually snapped back? They were reprimanded, or even fired if they did it too often/too badly.

I think there's a level of professionalism that they need to keep. For one, it's shown that the behaviour of the CMs can affect how people think of the developers, even if the devs aren't the ones speaking.

Again-I'm in no way defending that guy about the hurricane. That guy was out of line, and yeah-in extreme circumstances I personally have less problem with it.

But with the big daily debacle that's been hitting lately, the way the CMs have been responding almost seems like the devs are offended that people don't like having the choice of A. An insane amount of dailies(due to VP needed), B. Dailies AND Heroics(again due to VP and rep needed), or C. Heroics in gearing up. Especially since they had already long opened many, many doors of gearing up alts(in Wrath, for example, being able to choose heroics, or crafting, or dailies, or tabards, or some combination of the four.)

Though to be completely honest, I do see-maybe in another patch or so-that they'll decide to loosen stuff up a whole lot. They're starting with the rep bonus and VP bonus to alts. Sort of like how in Wrath they offered the tome of flying about 9 months later, and in Cata the orbs becoming BoE, and so on. I think later on they'll want to keep the world looking active and they'll realize a good way to do that is to encourage alting around in other areas. I mean I don't know why they're afraid to do it now(it would already start populating different areas with alts), but I guess they're afraid of Pandaria getting less people in it or something. (My own opinion? I much preferred the wide variety of gearing/alt gearing in Wrath, but I'm done the major dailies on my main and I'm not too bothered by it anymore. I do find myself not particularly wanting to alt much, though, like I did in Wrath or Cata, though in Cata it was for all the wrong reasons of there not being anything else. )

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
    Finaly something to spend the unspent amount of jp and vp onto. Finaly I can get some "upgrades" for my gears.....Hoooray
    Yea I can finally upgrade my current gear, since I keep getting screwed in lfr and by the world bosses.....
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

10+ Year Old Account
    funny that the k200 keyboard on the list is different to my k200 keyboard as it has a second \| button next to the shift button which makes the shift button smaller

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresc View Post
    OMG my eyes!! No, seriously, they are awful. There is no flow to them at all, its like looking a this mish mash of information that has zero organization.

1. I don't care what the ilvl is, I want to know about stats. Put that stuff on the bottom, right above how much I can sell it for.
    2. Please get rid of the green "equip" stat numbers and just make then the same as the others. There is zero reason for them to have a special color.

Robes of Retardation (Heroic)
    Bind on Pick up
    Chest Cloth

stat
    stat
    equip

Ilvl Upgrade 0/2
    Sell Price

Wow that looks so much nicer.
    That would be horrible to look at. First, ilevel is the most important stat on gear. Stamina, primary stat and relative weightings of secondary stats (oh and armor for tanks) are all based off it. I don't need to see the actual values of the first two as I know that higher ilevel = better.

For secondary stats, I absolutely want them to pop out because those are the stats I really care about and the ones I actually have control over through reforges (and am hoping with this change that reforges are easily viewable).

The only part I agree with you on is the flow and having the item slot/type near the top would be better in the feng shui sense. :P But I absolutely like having ilevel and secondary stats 'pop out' as those are the values I actually care about.

And why the fuck am I writing so much about a stupid tooltip?

Deleted
    Those blue responses is what happens when you constantly bitch about something pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen a few response's regarding what items can and can't be upgraded by certain currency. Am I too understand that only heroic gear can be upgraded by JP and only valor gear can be upgraded by VP? What about 489/496 raid gear...is that just VP? Or can JP be used to upgrade that gear as well?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehnubs View Post
    I've seen a few response's regarding what items can and can't be upgraded by certain currency. Am I too understand that only heroic gear can be upgraded by JP and only valor gear can be upgraded by VP? What about 489/496 raid gear...is that just VP? Or can JP be used to upgrade that gear as well?
    Epic level gear IE: 489 and so on is VP only country (not sure about 476 level at the moment.) JP's are for blues as far as I know 463 heroic dungeon level only, (so no you can't use JP's for upgrading epic level gear.)

I like how whoever asks the questions in the blue posts is the biggest asshole in the universe and yet Blizz still has the generosity and style to answer their questions while completely shutting them down.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ardolas View Post
    can we spend Conquest Points on PVE gear?
    No, they have it set up that conquest is only used for epic pvp gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickTooth View Post
    I like how whoever asks the questions in the blue posts is the biggest asshole in the universe and yet Blizz still has the generosity and style to answer their questions while completely shutting them down.
    That makes sense - appreciate the response and clarification!