Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    My totaly amateur-ish RP characters. :D

    Name: Arash Amiri , New Name : Black Arrows

    Origin: Menethil

    Gender: Male

    Languages: Common, Darnassian, Dwarvish, Goblin

    Class: Marksman

    Faction: Alliance

    Personality: Honorable albeit a little cynical, Arash’s sharp tongue and bitter nature angers people around him rather easily. He believes that honor is not just in a name or side, but in one’s daily deeds. He is loyal to Alliance but more importantly avoids crossing moral lines in its name. His bitter memories of third war has made him view Horde races with distrust although he tries not to let it cloud his judgment.

    Likes/Dislikes: He is interested in learning about different cultures, during his days of sailing he used to buy books from every port they docked in. His main interest is Elven culture, and their skill in marksmanship. He also carries a deep passion for cooking, and has a recipe book to write unique food recipes around Azeroth. And thou his sailing days are over, he still tries to find new recipes wherever and whenever he can.

    Appearance: Brown skinned, with a slim but muscular body. He has brown eyes, long wavy hair and keeps a groomed stubble. He always maintains a slight frown on his face when around other people, and just like any other serious and unfriendly lad, he rarely smiles. He has an average height and wears a set of brown boiled leather armor and wields two steel dirks for close combat and an old but well-crafted elven longbow to take down foes from afar.


    Background:

    Born in the Port city of Menethil among Sailors and Traders, His childhood was mostly spent at the docks and among the cargo crates that always crowded the docks. And all-though he himself was the second son of a wealthy merchant, He did not interest himself with the family business. Rather than surrendering himself to his families' wishes and become a trader he decided at the very beginning of his teenage days that he wants travel the seas, to see a world bigger than the Wetlands, and to discover the countless mysteries that lay hidden far beyond the ocean.

    The only person who supported his decision was his father's old friend and business partner: The Dwarf Gendry Longbeard. who was known among the family members as Uncle Gendry. Uncle Gendry helped the young boy learn about the harsh life of seafarers and the dangers that awaits them in their journey.

    As he turned 16, an inexperienced teenager, Gendry arranged for him to become a deckhand in a Goblin merchant ship. The life at the sea was indeed tough to bear, And one could only know that when they set sail into the ocean and not see any sight of Land for weeks, months even. Hours of manual labor would easily exhaust the young boy. but every time the fatigue faded away when they reached a new city. The thrill of seeing a new town filled with exotic people and new wonders filled him up with such hype that he would leap out of the ship and walk the streets for hours.

    Years passed by quickly…

    The Deckhand was now an experienced sailor, working at Menethil Harbor in an Alliance ship. It was around that time that his crewmen were approached by the royal missionary of Kul'Tiras, His ship was purchased to set sail west into Kalimdor by the order of Lady Jaina Proudmoore. A whole new adventure on a grand scale, Hardly any ship has sailed that far into the sea and came back unscratched. Arash was both anxious and excited, a young man with a taste for risks.

    But years later, after he sailed back to Menethil on a prisoner ship... he was not the same man he used to be. No one knows exactly of his crimes not even his captors. He was ordered by the Alliance forces to be brought back to Menethil in chains and spend the rest of his life in the Menethil dungeons. After the first week his cell was found open, his belongings gone and his captor dead with a broken neck.

    Smuggled to Gilneas on a Smuggling boat, Arash in-return assisted the smugglers and Mercenaries in smuggling goods into and out of the isolated kingdom of Gilneas. Because of Gilneas' isolated state, smuggled goods into Gilneas were deemed very profitable… worthy of the risk. But those days were short-lived when rumors of a Worgen infestation began spreading throughout the kingdom, these mysterious albeit savage beasts were unlike anything anyone had ever encountered. they were fast, intelligent, and brutal. A Smuggler's life is never without risk, he lived deep in the forests to avoid Gilnean guards finding him... and for that he was among the first people to turn when the outbreak began.

    He still does not remember how the Worgen attacked his hut deep in the forests, His memories of that night are dull even today… but he remembered beasts banging on the door, and pouring into the hut through the windows, then a bite on his shoulder, running, screaming…and finally waking up, not as a human but a monster, whatever happened in that forest changed him forever. If it wasn’t for the druids of Darnassus and the Scythe of Elune, he would still be that crazed beast. Hunting day and night and terrorizing the Gilneans maybe even tearing a few humans and feast on them. He regained his senses just as the Forsaken invaded Gilneas, somewhere between the chaos sorrounding the undead invasion and the Worgen rejoining their Human brethren to fight it he decided that it is time to leave the old life behind and, while trying to maintain a fake identity, he assisted the Gilneans in retaking the City... or what was left of it at the very least. He still lives in Gilneas under the name Black Arrows, given to him by his Gilnean comrades because of the black poison he coats his arrows with : A poison to the kill the dead, which was used by a certain ranger platoon againts the Undead during the battle of mount Hyjal.

    And now wandering through the ruins of Gilneas, Somehow he feels back where he belongs : among his Alliance comrades, and Fighting for the survival of his kin.

  2. #2
    Mechagnome Mengucekli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Where i lay my head is home..
    Posts
    581
    Hi, and welcome to the RP forums!

    Your bio is one of the most interesting ones that i read in some time, i must say! A sailor from Tanaris ends up cursed to be worgen, that is quite unique. History is well written but i must say that it is a bit short. I would have loved more details but that's just me One point is, can you explain how he managed to learn gnomish language? I can not make it out of the story.

    All in all, a very solid bio. See you in RPs soon!

    Regards,

    -Meng

  3. #3
    Mechagnome Thulyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Norway.
    Posts
    532
    Interesting indeed. Loved it. =)

  4. #4
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,078
    While a good read, there are some MASSIVE time issues going on.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  5. #5
    Warchief Lemposs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,226
    Cool story bro

    Serious now, I really like it there is some character to it and you can do some really good RP with that background

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mengucekli View Post
    Hi, and welcome to the RP forums!

    One point is, can you explain how he managed to learn gnomish language? I can not make it out of the story.

    -Meng
    Oh, my bad...I wanted to make him a Worgen Steam Warrior at first but I changed my mind but forgot to remove the Gnomish language from the Bio. I'll edit it.

    I'll add more details to it soon, thanks for the feedback.

    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir
    While a good read, there are some MASSIVE time issues going on.
    Actually I did check the Warcraft timeline to see if there are time issues with the story. I'll be happy if you can explain the inconsistencies you've encountered .

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Actually I did check the Warcraft timeline to see if there are time issues with the story. I'll be happy if you can explain the inconsistencies you've encountered .
    Well most notably, your character's 36. According to basically every timeline we have for Warcraft, Kalimdor was only discovered by humanity about 9 years ago, i.e. during the events of Warcraft III.

    Not really that hard of a fix, but yeah. That's probably what my friend was getting at.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Well most notably, your character's 36. According to basically every timeline we have for Warcraft, Kalimdor was only discovered by humanity about 9 years ago, i.e. during the events of Warcraft III.

    Not really that hard of a fix, but yeah. That's probably what my friend was getting at.
    most probably 11, not 9.

    4 years from WC3RoC to vanilla WoW, according to the opening cinematic;
    5 years from vanilla WoW to the beginning of cataclysm, according to westfall quests. wrathion was born around here;
    now on mists of pandaria, dialog between wrathion and anduin reveal that wrathion is 2 years old.

    4+5+2 = 11
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    most probably 11, not 9.

    4 years from WC3RoC to vanilla WoW, according to the opening cinematic;
    5 years from vanilla WoW to the beginning of cataclysm, according to westfall quests. wrathion was born around here;
    now on mists of pandaria, dialog between wrathion and anduin reveal that wrathion is 2 years old.

    4+5+2 = 11
    Well I'm getting these dates from:


    http://www.wowpedia.org/Timeline_%28..._site,_2007%29
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Timeline_%28TBC%29
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Timeline_%28unofficial%29

    Most notably the third one.

    The unofficial timeline even makes a point concerning Cataclysm, saying "While most sources seem to indicate that Cataclysm occurs a year after Wrath, there are a couple which would suggest it's three years instead. Dave Kosak confirmed on Reddit that the Battle for Hyjal was about seven years ago,[24] and that the sources which suggest otherwise are just estimating."

    So as Cataclysm took place about seven years after warcraft III, and Wrathion is two in Mists, nine seems about right.
    Last edited by The Mister Madgod; 2013-05-15 at 02:14 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Well I'm getting these dates from:


    http://www.wowpedia.org/Timeline_%28..._site,_2007%29
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Timeline_%28TBC%29
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Timeline_%28unofficial%29

    Most notably the third one.

    The unofficial timeline even makes a point concerning Cataclysm, saying "While most sources seem to indicate that Cataclysm occurs a year after Wrath, there are a couple which would suggest it's three years instead. Dave Kosak confirmed on Reddit that the Battle for Hyjal was about seven years ago,[24] and that the sources which suggest otherwise are just estimating."

    So as Cataclysm took place about seven years after warcraft III, and Wrathion is two in Mists, nine seems about right.
    that's pretty weird. timeline is a mess, I guess. my sources are here:

    WoW opening cinematic (4) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYK_Gqyf48Y
    quest in westfall (5) - http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:A_Vision_of_the_Past
    wrathion dialog (2) - http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Secret...e_First_Empire

    also, keep in mind kosac never said "it was 7 years ago".


    he said: "Matoclaw was just estimating when she says "a decade ago." It was closer to ... what, seven years I think?"

    and he was refering to the firelands period.

    personally I think he was just wrong and that matoclaw NPC was right. with the 4+5 you had before cata, and one more year for being in the middle of cata, you'd have 10 years lol
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-05-15 at 02:23 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    personally I think he was just wrong and that matoclaw NPC was right. with the 4+5 you had before cata, and one more year for being in the middle of cata, you'd have 10 years lol
    So you're taking the creation's word over the creator's?

    Ehhhhhhh...

  12. #12
    but this is not the first and it won't be the last time the WoW timeline is muddy. that's why I have a thumb rule. whenever I'm RPing or writing fanfiction about WoW, I suppress all the ages, periods of times, et cetera. I just make it as muddy as the official timeline, so one muddy timeline will blend well with the other. "10 years ago" becomes "a long time ago", for instance

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 02:28 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    So you're taking the creation's word over the creator's?

    Ehhhhhhh...
    yeah, the red shirt guy proved us that the WoW devs aren't too keen on memorizing everything they create. I'd rather trust the written registers of what they did when they did than their memories of what they were doing back than.

    IMHO what's written in the game is official lore. what's written in reddit, not necessarily.
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-05-15 at 02:30 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    but this is not the first and it won't be the last time the WoW timeline is muddy. that's why I have a thumb rule. whenever I'm RPing or writing fanfiction about WoW, I suppress all the ages, periods of times, et cetera. I just make it as muddy as the official timeline, so one muddy timeline will blend well with the other. "10 years ago" becomes "a long time ago", for instance
    This is the strategy I've used as well, but it's still important to understand general timelines.

    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    yeah, the red shirt guy proved us that the WoW devs aren't too keen on memorizing everything they create. I'd rather trust the written registers of what they did when they did than their memories of what they were doing back than.
    The flip side is that lore isn't written in stone and the fact that he openly says "it was about seven years ago, other sources are just estimating" is fairly clearly a clarification or outright change in the timeline.

    Going by the general rule of thumb, it's the most recent mentioning of that aspect of lore from an official source which is canon. This falls under that rule.

    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    IMHO what's written in the game is official lore. what's written in reddit, not necessarily.
    And yet we've gotten a lot of lore from out-of-game sources, like the novels and more notably, the Blizzcon panels about story and the Ask CDev rounds they do. Same guy, but slightly different mediums.
    Last edited by The Mister Madgod; 2013-05-15 at 02:35 PM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    The flip side is that lore isn't written in stone and the fact that he openly says "it was about seven years ago, other sources are just estimating" is fairly clearly a clarification or outright change in the timeline.
    I don't know about you, but IMHO "It was closer to ... what, seven years I think?" sounds way more like an estimation than "Five years ago, in the heart of the Deadmines..." or "Four years have passed" lol

    and I continue on my position that if it isn't in the game, or at least in a book or in the official site, it isn't official lore. so I'll stick to the in-game sources, until the reddit timeline finds it's way to the game somehow lol

    not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying I find the 11 years timeline more reliable than the 9 years one, at least for now.

    (in fact I'd rather have the timeskips as small as possible, so this 9 years one would be a blessing to me, I hope you're right lol)
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I don't know about you, but IMHO "It was closer to ... what, seven years I think?" sounds way more like an estimation than "Five years ago, in the heart of the Deadmines..." or "Four years have passed" lol
    Maybe so but it's still the latest official word. Just means those quests have to be taken with a pinch of salt.

    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    and I continue on my position that if it isn't in the game, or at least in a book or in the official site, it isn't official lore. so I'll stick to the in-game sources, until the reddit timeline finds it's way to the game somehow lol

    not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying I find the 11 years timeline more reliable than the 9 years one, at least for now.
    And I'll take the latest word from one of the guys who created that lore in the game. Doesn't matter where it's from, as long as it's him. We've even used twitter comments for official lore and that's less informal than reddit. 'Least as far as I'm concerned.

    I personally don't see "reliability" being a part of it. When something's edited you can't use the thing that was edited as evidence to suggest that the new edit is wrong, especially when talking about story. At least, as far as I see it. Lore's lore, as long as the source has the authority to create it.

    It's a different way of looking at it, I suppose... but I do subscribe to this idea because it allows for a consistentish whole story. The most recent information's the canon information, so any irregularities that were there beforehand are immediately ignorable. This case is especially appropriate as there ARE irregularities; different sources have different opinions on when this took place, as mentioned on reddit.
    Last edited by The Mister Madgod; 2013-05-15 at 03:03 PM.

  16. #16
    Well most notably, your character's 36. According to basically every timeline we have for Warcraft, Kalimdor was only discovered by humanity about 9 years ago, i.e. during the events of Warcraft III.
    I thought that Humanity WAS aware of Kalimdor because when Medivh came to King Terenas he advised him (and pretty much everyone else he encountered) to travel west into the forgotten lands of Kalimdor.

    and I've assumed that Wastewanderers are simply nomadic people native to Tanaris. If my information is wrong then I have to change his heritage aswell.

    --------

    I'm confused about the Warcraft timeline lol.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    I thought that Humanity WAS aware of Kalimdor because when Medivh came to King Terenas he advised him (and pretty much everyone else he encountered) to travel west into the forgotten lands of Kalimdor.

    and I've assumed that Wastewanderers are simply nomadic people native to Tanaris. If my information is wrong then I have to change his heritage aswell.
    Right, and Medivh came to Terenas at the start of Warcraft III

    And according to their respective wowpedia page, the Wastewanders are pirates who came to Kalimdor shortly after the Eastern Kingdoms discovered it, i.e., Warcraft III.

    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    --------

    I'm confused about the Warcraft timeline lol.
    Ignoring the debate of whether it's right or wrong... we use the Unofficial timeline on this forum purely for consistency's sake, so if you've got questions concerning that, feel free to ask! That's why we're here!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Right, and Medivh came to Terenas at the start of Warcraft III

    And according to their respective wowpedia page, the Wastewanders are pirates who came to Kalimdor shortly after the Eastern Kingdoms discovered it, i.e., Warcraft III.



    Ignoring the debate of whether it's right or wrong... we use the Unofficial timeline on this forum purely for consistency's sake, so if you've got questions concerning that, feel free to ask! That's why we're here!
    Then I'll have to rewrite the heritage :P...there goes my exotic character.

  19. #19
    Let us know when you've got a new version up!

  20. #20
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,078
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Then I'll have to rewrite the heritage :P...there goes my exotic character.
    Yeah that was the major time issue I mentioned, the fact that the Humans only ever heard of Kalimdor some 7-10 years ago, not to mention that the Gilneas worgen incident is kinda iffy too time-wise.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •