Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Glitches/Bugs You've experienced in games!

I was just back thinking of all the older games I've really enjoyed and remembered a strange...glitch...that happened in Final Fantasy 8 for the PC. I decided to start a new file one day and during the loading cinematics (I have no idea if this is what caused it) I just started smashing keys on my keyboard to make it skip the cinematic.
    However, once the game loaded I played a bit...and after my second fight...Odin appeared and killed it. I remember giving it a head tilt wondering how that happened, then I opened my Stat screen. 99.99.99 hours played, I had 99 of every card for the card game and my inventory was full of nonsense items. To this day I haven't seen or heard of this bug being replicated.

So I'm curious, has anyone else had unique experiences such as this?
    Bleh

Way too many as I develop my game unfortunately!

Deleted
    I somehow managed to make my Metapod do the Harden animation on his stats screen in Pokemon Yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    I decided to start a new file one day and during the loading cinematics (I have no idea if this is what caused it) I just started smashing keys on my keyboard to make it skip the cinematic.
    Smashing keys during loading cinematics and loading screens doesn't end good. I remember doing same in Might and Magic VI/VII for fun and giggles, as it was ending in weird stuff, e.g. wrong NPCs falling down from sky. I stopped this bad habit after it corrupted my save files.

Minecraft would be nothing without its bugs, but at least some of them are funny.

Partially fixed, but I still see it occasionally, is where random npcs hop onto fences and spin in circles. You're being chased by a creeper and suddenly it's a random dance party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

In The Sims 3, made a robber sim, he ended up getting arrested, and that bugged out my game, he never came out of jail, and I had to restart him completely. So this was in the Late Night expansion, and I sent him to a bar, to find... he was the bartender. He was there at the bar, and was the bartender of the bar.

In Yoshi's Island DS I once triggered the most disturbing glitch I have ever encountered. I was casually playing as Yoshi, doing my thing, swallowing Shy Guys, making them into eggs and then throw those eggs at enemies. When I was in mid-motion to swallow an enemy I was struck by something and Yoshi was left in this bizarre pose. His face had changed to when he was hurt, so he looked really pathetic. His body was bend over. But worst of all, his tongue came out of his butt. No matter how much I moved he never got out of this motion until I completed the stage. I could do all the normal things, but his animation just never changed.

So yeah, I played through a stage on Yoshi's Island DS where Yoshi had a vibrating tongue coming out of his butt, while it looked like he was in pain. Also, the baby was gone for whatever reason.

And yes, I could swallow enemies through my butt.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-11-03 at 06:15 PM.

Deleted
    One of the funniest I saw was on Mass Effect one.
    When Benezia hits you with a stasis it didn't end after the cutscene, my torso kept moving slowly sideways while head + limbs stayed in the same place.
    Ended up pretty stretched.

Level 100 Espeon, Starmie, and Gengar in Gold turned everything into binary when they were put on screen. All text, pictures, and just random lines across the screen. Only way to fix it was to restart the game, so he had to shelve those 3 forever to stop the game from breaking

10+ Year Old Account
    The part where you bug up OOT and saved exit without the Master Sword during Ganon. Then you proceed to have an awkward time and glitch through walls and stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    The part where you bug up OOT and saved exit without the Master Sword during Ganon. Then you proceed to have an awkward time and glitch through walls and stuff.
    Is that the one with the speed runs? I heard you can't do it on the DS version because they weakened the Deku sticks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Is that the one with the speed runs? I heard you can't do it on the DS version because they weakened the Deku sticks.
    No, it was when Ganon knocked the Master Sword away during the last fight. You wouldn't have the Master Sword anymore, so was recommended you had the Biggoron sword. Then you'd run around glitching through stuff. Fixed in Master Quest, and subsequently DS version.

Donkey Kong Country 2 glitch where you were able to turn yourself into a random boss with rainbowcolors during the Castle Crush mission, but only worked on the SNES. They fixed that on the Wii

10+ Year Old Account
    Mass Effect 2 has some crazy glitches sometimes. I remember an enemy getting its head stuck in a wall after I hit him with a throw ability and he stretched like rubber and flopped around for a while.

Freaked me the hell out.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    The ending to ME3

For real though. anything where a limb seems to disappear into thin air lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Cough cough flying tanks. (was fixed sadly)

I know like loads of them but i need too remember.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Minecraft would be nothing without its bugs, but at least some of them are funny.

Partially fixed, but I still see it occasionally, is where random npcs hop onto fences and spin in circles. You're being chased by a creeper and suddenly it's a random dance party.
    i know its the best thing ever!

but personally i never notice any of the bugs/glitches that are listed on bug fix patches that games tend to release after awile
    it makes me wonder if tis specific copies of a game that always has these bugs or im just really lucky to never have them

the only bug i can think of is in fallout 3 where after the mothership zeta captain talks to you and your told to go deactivate the doomsday weapon or something the girl goes through the hole and never opens the door... luckily console commands are an easy way to fix it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Mass Effect 2 has some crazy glitches sometimes. I remember an enemy getting its head stuck in a wall after I hit him with a throw ability and he stretched like rubber and flopped around for a while.

Freaked me the hell out.
    Ah yes, the rag doll physics of fun.
    I always loved those.

Deleted
    I remember my games crashing on the ps2. T.T

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I forgot. Grandia 2 was a terrible port to the PS2 (but has held up better than the Dreamcast). One specific bug I know that exists on all copies is that the game runs extremely slow at times, and in one specific case, can freeze. It's late in the game, you're fleeing Cyrum, and after all the townsfolk stop to talk to you, you get close to the end and turn around to fight two Valmar Spawn. The game freezes before you enter combat, before the screen goes black.

The second I have issues on my current copy. I don't know if something specific is causing it, but when you enter combat, the screen goes black before the combat begins. The game will randomly freeze while it's black, and I have to reset. It's random, it's uncommon but not rare, and it's a major pain in the ass.