Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post
    I'm genuinely confused. Why did you post in this thread?
    Because it's a healing thread, and my main is a healer, who experienced the 5.0.1 patch.

The mechanics itself didn't just disappear when MoP came, ya know?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    I don't necessarily mind the mana-cap, but I do feel like it has stripped us of the usefulness of intellect. I think intellect should be changed to be more useful. As any healer would know a bigger heal isn't necessarily a better heal (for a plethora of reasons).
    Like I said, I think this will right itself in later tiers. There is a point when you have enough spirit from higher ilvl gear's stat budget and won't need to be stacking more via gems and enchants, and then intellect and secondaries will surge in value.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Like I said, I think this will right itself in later tiers. There is a point when you have enough spirit from higher ilvl gear's stat budget and won't need to be stacking more via gems and enchants, and then intellect and secondaries will surge in value.
    I can see where you're coming from...we won't care as much about spirit when we have comfortable amounts of regen. However, at the end of Cata I played a disc/holy priest and stacked intellect with no regards to spirit at all. I enjoyed the extra spellpower but for the most part it was for the bigger mana pool size. With the mana pool cap, I wonder if it will end up making that much of a difference. You could potentially stack either intellect or spirit and either have bigger heals or the ability to basically spam whatever you wanted all you wanted with no repercussion.

I guess we'll have to wait until later in the expansion to see for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Because it's a healing thread, and my main is a healer, who experienced the 5.0.1 patch.

The mechanics itself didn't just disappear when MoP came, ya know?
    But the OP said:
    I would like to hear the perspectives of other healers about the current state of healing in raids (all difficulties) in MOP.
    Then you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Not playing MoP so have nothing to say about the current healing itself.

Preferred healing in WotLK over Cata that's for sure. Not for the ideas people have of WotLK but because it was very active. Didn't like what healing became where it was stand there and do nothing while a HoT ticks away to heal others, or spamming HR when necessary. It became boring quick. Prefer fast and furious single-target healing, as it was in WotLK...one mistake and it was a wipe. Makes better healers not more that can watch TV while raiding.
    You never mentioned healing in 5.anything or MOP. Just saying.
    Last edited by mmoc520d33584e; 2012-11-18 at 01:49 AM.

From my viewpoint as a long time healer (mainspec since T4).
    There's your answer really. If you really have been healing for that long it isn't a surprise it's kind of getting boring to you. I am in the same situation for dps, and can't stand dpsing anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like healing the way it is now. It works well.

The only thing that I don't quite grasp are paladins and their way of healing in this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    I like healing the way it is now. It works well.

The only thing that I don't quite grasp are paladins and their way of healing in this expansion.
    I run a Holy Pally (I never healed before MoP, was always a Huntard DPS) and as a single target I feel they're great, but when compared to all the other classes and their AoE I feel really inferior. I'm not sure if that's a new situation or what but it makes healing during raids kinda irritating as besides EF blanketing, I can't do a whole lot without running out of mana.

I've never played a healer until now. I was always a Tank or OS - DPS. I am already at 29 with a new MS Resto Druid. I never run outta mana, and with Heallium addon enabled, I can heal, rezz, or cure poison just at the click of a button. My little night elf just chills 10 feet back and tosses a Rejuv and Swiftmend. I heal the whole group throwing two or three casts. Kinda nice to have the easy job for a change. No more MDPS or Tanking for awhile... really digging this Resto stuff.