Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kozmo32 View Post
    So its just like in the oryginal Blizz Ui, eagles on the sides have more visual depth.
    The original gryphons are much closer to the rest of the panel in terms of depth in the default UI. Your gargoyles look like they're coming out of the screen, almost giving me a sense of vertigo.

As zorker suggested in post #14; try adding an outer shadow. It may go a long way to help reduce this. It will also make it look less cut-and-paste onto the game world.

OFC those lion faces are up side-down.. i just flip vertical whole line of icons..
    Obviously. My point was more that it being lion faces out of all things, seemed pretty random. Perhaps you could follow the path of the default UI, and instead of having a flying gryphon for action button background, you could have gargoyles.

it's project...work in progress.
    Yes, and you asked for 'ideas' in your OP, which I took as asking for pointers.

Best suggestion I can think of personally... lose the gargoyles, they are much too gothic for a Sha-themed UI. A better alternative would be to use the WoW model viewer to grab the Sha (the ones that look like Shadowfiends imo) and then use some photoshop magic to get them to fit around where those gargoyles are. I can take a swing at it later if you're not sure how to do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    The original gryphons are much closer to the rest of the panel in terms of depth in the default UI. Your gargoyles look like they're coming out of the screen, almost giving me a sense of vertigo.

As zorker suggested in post #14; try adding an outer shadow. It may go a long way to help reduce this. It will also make it look less cut-and-paste onto the game world.
    I will add an outer shadow for sure. Well if that's your feeling about gargoyles.. im very happy working as intended

Obviously. My point was more that it being lion faces out of all things, seemed pretty random. Perhaps you could follow the path of the default UI, and instead of having a flying gryphon for action button background, you could have gargoyles.
    Nice idea .. thx.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 08:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Best suggestion I can think of personally... lose the gargoyles, they are much too gothic for a Sha-themed UI. A better alternative would be to use the WoW model viewer to grab the Sha (the ones that look like Shadowfiends imo) and then use some photoshop magic to get them to fit around where those gargoyles are. I can take a swing at it later if you're not sure how to do it.
    We can try, but i rly like those gargoyles. But ok .. gimme the jpg,png and will try.

I don't know how you guys/gals do this. This stuff is pretty incredible :-)

Deleted
    Well i have one big question ) Will you help me with this one ? Im a 100% designer and i hate look at code I wana make this thing big and less plastic then 99% UI i normaly see.
    I can't. Tipps and answers to questions is all I can spare.

Btw..a Sha-Touched UI should look more Black-White with a small hint of blue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make this a addon i want one.

Deleted
    Not sure if you have heard of it. But you can try to create your art with a mod that I wrote. I use it to create bottom bar art panels for different game themes.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...BarStyler.html

All you need is a bunch of textures. You can spawn them like oUF unitframes. Since you have no orbs the Diablo3NoOrbs layout could be interesting for you to look at.
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...lo3NoOrbs.html

The benefit of the mod is that you can resize/move any of your game textures while in the game. Plus...do not color your texture too much in Photoshop. Keep it black and white. You can add further coloring directly in the game by using color, blendmode and alpha values.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2012-11-13 at 08:32 AM.

Or you could just add the texture to any other panel mod, such as KgPanels or LitePanels.

If you're just looking to add art to your UI, you really don't need to write a full addon for it.