Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.1 gear upgrade system

I havnt had a chance to get on PTR at this point, can anyone tell me if you can upgrade the PVP trinkets with the new item upgrade feature coming in 5.1 and if so does it change the on use SP/str/agi that you get? any help is appreciated.
    I need about tree fiddy

According to this guy http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/11/06/pa...ice-and-valor/ you can indeed upgrade pve trinkets so i assume it goes the same for pvp.

i doubt it would up the on use though, otherwise it would be worth butting in 1400 conc right off to get higher burst potential
    I need about tree fiddy

I'm mostly concerned on whether you can upgrade the weapons or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    I'm mostly concerned on whether you can upgrade the weapons or not.
    2h swords with 15k-20k damage. INBE4 warrior nerfs?

So, does this change achieve anything other than doubling the grind needed to be competitive? Especially when it comes to alts or secondary specs of any kind... Suddenly all my hopes of being on equal footing gear-wise are lost.

If they wanted currency sinks, there are countless other possibilities... It makes me sad to see this go live

inbe4 "lol, 8 iLvls is nuthin!!1"

Quote Originally Posted by Yasom View Post
    i doubt it would up the on use though, otherwise it would be worth butting in 1400 conc right off to get higher burst potential
    This is true, I checked the NPC on the PTR and you can upgrade every single item, including weapons, but for some reason, trinkets that have on use get only their stats upgraded, not the on use SP increase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    This is true, I checked the NPC on the PTR and you can upgrade every single item, including weapons, but for some reason, trinkets that have on use get only their stats upgraded, not the on use SP increase.
    I Prefer this system over the old by far.

Instead of paying 2250 conquest for a new chest you can pay 750 + 750 for it. Win!

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    I Prefer this system over the old by far.

Instead of paying 2250 conquest for a new chest you can pay 750 + 750 for it. Win!
    you still need to buy the base item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im betting it will be every item so Blizzard gets you to farm almost another whole seasons worth of conquest without putting in another season.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    you still need to buy the base item.
    Yes ofcourse.. And that is the initial grind. Guff said that this would DOUBLE the grind. How is it double the grind if the effort to get
    better items isnt even half as much?

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 08:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Im betting it will be every item so Blizzard gets you to farm almost another whole seasons worth of conquest without putting in another season.
    I actually prefer that they keep this season as long as possible to fix all the retarded imbalances. Then they can proceed with another season.
    That way it will be easy to spot the free-glads like it was with Deadly Gladiator for Death Knights for example. I can wait, im not in a hurry

I'm just waiting for the HUGE stat increase this will cause 3 tiers down the road...
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Will the upgraded weapons be as good as the next tier weapons? Or will upgrades completely replace the need for new armor?

It's 8 item level. That's it. And if you could get the tier 2 weapon, you would of course want to upgrade that as well.

Anyone on the PTR able to confirm you are able to upgrade weapons and trinkets, and show us what the increase is?

Yes ofcourse.. And that is the initial grind. Guff said that this would DOUBLE the grind. How is it double the grind if the effort to get
    You get the item (first grind; 1600-2200 honor/conq), then you HAVE to improve them to be on equal footing with people that bot/spend a lot of time grinding (second grind; 1500 honor/conq). Ok, ok, it is not quite double, but I really doubt, come next season, that you will be able to just upgrade your current gear and all is fine and dandy.

I see this as a sink that could have been implemented in other ways; buying BG pots/elixirs, consumable banners, pets for combatsystem, tome of leadership (making you BG leader), temporary/alt honor boosters, pvp related enchants/gems, things that can be used for a gold profit, tabards, mounts, etc etc.

I really hope I have misunderstood this system...

It's good for PVE, and it's not that bad for honor gear, but what were they thinking implementing it for conquest gear? Do they really want the gear disparity to be even worse? Makes no sense to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    It's good for PVE, and it's not that bad for honor gear, but what were they thinking implementing it for conquest gear? Do they really want the gear disparity to be even worse? Makes no sense to me.
    Everyone has the chance to use this? whats the problem?

As an over geared player (I got T2 last week), I'm completely aganist this change. I'm already god mode in bgs and strong in arena. With the new changes I will simply global people who just hit 90 or are playing on alts. There is no chance for them to catch up in gear till next season. Current pvpers who are a week or two behind me won't be able to catch up for a longer period of time. With more gear I'll get more rating, which leads to more gear. At this rate lower geared players won't be able to catch me in rating even if they play better than me. They won't have a lvl playing field till next season.

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 08:38 PM ----------

I actually prefer that they keep this season as long as possible to fix all the retarded imbalances. Then they can proceed with another season.
    That way it will be easy to spot the free-glads like it was with Deadly Gladiator for Death Knights for example. I can wait, im not in a hurry
    I'd rather they just do a whole arena system reset with 5.1, Teams wiped, Ratings wiped, MMR wiped, Achievements earned in 5.0 wiped (Due to widespread cheating that inflated everyone's MMR), then let everyone play again, but without an added grind.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Highmoon7 View Post
    As an over geared player (I got T2 last week), I'm completely aganist this change. I'm already god mode in bgs and strong in arena. With the new changes I will simply global people who just hit 90 or are playing on alts. There is no chance for them to catch up in gear till next season. Current pvpers who are a week or two behind me won't be able to catch up for a longer period of time. With more gear I'll get more rating, which leads to more gear. At this rate lower geared players won't be able to catch me in rating even if they play better than me. They won't have a lvl playing field till next season.
    I totally agree!