Summoning Disorentation That Lasts Forever

I logged into my horde warlock (afflic) alt (going for achievement at 90's of both factions), and hearthed from Silvermoon to Tranquillen. At level 17 I felt it was time to take on the two elite aboms that roam the area, and I'd use my voidwalker to tank them.

I dismissed my imp and summoned the void-walker I've summon before. Surprisingly he came up with the Summoning Disorientation debuff with a duration of 519 hours and 44 minutes. No joke. I resummoned over a dozen times. I tried logging out and back in. I ran through the Ghostlands into Eastern Plaguelands and summoned/resummoned there. I hearthed home. I entered and left combat.

Nothing worked. I've put in a ticket, but I'm curious if anyone else has seen this and if they've found a way around it.
    SUCH INFRACTIONS
    MANY POST
    SO POWERFUL
    WOW

(Armory) | (Twitter)
    Global Moderator of MMO-Champion.com

It's an old bug. Just have it killed, by a mob or dueling another player.

Happens to me now and then, when summoning a pet I haven't summoned for a long time. Generally death resolves it, or summoning a different pet possibly.

I once also had an opposite bug, where some kind of massive HoT got stuck on a voidwalker with similar duration. Sadly upon entering old content raids, it dropped off when I engaged a boss.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

So all I really gotta do is die or let it die and problem solved?
    SUCH INFRACTIONS
    MANY POST
    SO POWERFUL
    WOW

(Armory) | (Twitter)

Trick I use is summoning another pet, but then breaking off that cast. That has reset it for me when I've gotten it.

Yeah, killing the demon should solve the problem, it did when it happened to me.

Simply start summoning another pet while your bugged pet is active and interrupt the summoning mid cast. The everlasting Summoning Disorientation debuff will be overwritten by a brief one and run out. Voila!

Why is this even in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Trick I use is summoning another pet, but then breaking off that cast. That has reset it for me when I've gotten it.
    That worked! Thanks!!
    SUCH INFRACTIONS
    MANY POST
    SO POWERFUL
    WOW

(Armory) | (Twitter)