Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Massive ignite damage bug on Un'sok?

    I can't post links so if you want to see the log go to EU-Kazzak -> Santa Maria and look for the Sunday 11th raid, wipe 9 on Amber-Shaper Un'sok. Alternatively go to [WoL website]/reports/rt-f3kvbyxko9ow8ezz/sum/damageDone/?s=4634&e=4920.

    That is a log of a bug which caused my ignite to tick for 2.6 million damage, which I then used combustion off for that insane damage spike you can see.

    [22:14:18.833] Mordrin Ignite Amber-Shaper Un'sok 59637
    [22:14:19.818] Amber-Shaper Un'sok's Ignite is refreshed by Mordrin
    [22:14:20.484] Amber Monstrosity afflicted by Ignite from Mordrin
    [22:14:20.484] Aileeh afflicted by Ignite from Mordrin
    [22:14:20.733] Mordrin Ignite Amber-Shaper Un'sok 54530
    [22:14:20.965] Amber-Shaper Un'sok's Ignite is refreshed by Mordrin
    [22:14:22.480] Mordrin's Ignite fades from Aileeh
    [22:14:22.489] Mordrin Ignite Aileeh 721231 (O: 1906969)
    [22:14:22.489] Mordrin Ignite Amber Monstrosity 2628201
    [22:14:22.617] Mordrin Ignite Amber-Shaper Un'sok 36414
    [22:14:24.506] Mordrin Ignite Amber Monstrosity 2628200
    [22:14:24.690] Mordrin Ignite Amber-Shaper Un'sok 36415
    [22:14:25.193] Mordrin's Ignite fades from Amber Monstrosity
    [22:14:26.839] Mordrin Ignite Amber-Shaper Un'sok 36415
    [22:14:26.840] Mordrin's Ignite fades from Amber-Shaper Un'sok
    [22:14:18.111] Mordrin casts Combustion on Amber-Shaper Un'sok
    [22:14:18.111] Mordrin Combustion Amber-Shaper Un'sok 55079
    [22:14:18.474] Amber-Shaper Un'sok afflicted by Combustion from Mordrin
    [22:14:19.581] Mordrin Combustion Amber-Shaper Un'sok 396
    [22:14:20.467] Mordrin Combustion Amber-Shaper Un'sok *817*
    [22:14:20.484] Amber Monstrosity afflicted by Combustion from Mordrin
    [22:14:20.484] Aileeh afflicted by Combustion from Mordrin
    [22:14:21.199] Mordrin Combustion Amber-Shaper Un'sok *817*
    [22:14:21.412] Mordrin Combustion Amber Monstrosity 1909873
    [22:14:21.412] Mordrin Combustion Aileeh 1432404
    [22:14:22.166] Mordrin Combustion Amber-Shaper Un'sok 396
    [22:14:22.410] Mordrin Combustion Amber Monstrosity 1909873
    [22:14:22.410] Mordrin Combustion Aileeh *2950754*
    [22:14:22.480] Mordrin's Combustion fades from Aileeh
    [22:14:23.074] Mordrin Combustion Amber-Shaper Un'sok 396
    [22:14:23.290] Mordrin Combustion Amber Monstrosity *3934338*
    [22:14:23.915] Mordrin Combustion Amber-Shaper Un'sok 396
    [22:14:24.222] Mordrin Combustion Amber Monstrosity 1909873
    [22:14:24.907] Mordrin Combustion Amber-Shaper Un'sok *816*
    [22:14:25.193] Mordrin Combustion Amber Monstrosity 1909873
    [22:14:25.912] Mordrin Combustion Amber-Shaper Un'sok 396
    [22:14:26.105] Mordrin Combustion Amber Monstrosity 1909873
    [22:14:26.840] Mordrin Combustion Amber-Shaper Un'sok 396
    [22:14:26.840] Mordrin Combustion Amber Monstrosity 1909873
    [22:14:27.725] Mordrin Combustion Amber-Shaper Un'sok 396
    [22:14:27.754] Mordrin Combustion Amber Monstrosity *3934338*
    [22:14:28.506] Mordrin Combustion Amber-Shaper Un'sok 397
    [22:14:28.506] Mordrin's Combustion fades from Amber-Shaper Un'sok
    [22:14:28.765] Mordrin Combustion Amber Monstrosity 1909872
    [22:14:28.765] Mordrin's Combustion fades from Amber Monstrosity
    I assume it could be something to do with using combustion at around the time (e.g. milliseconds either before or after, or exactly when) he does the -99% damage taken buff on himself. Anyone got any ideas? Considering it is ticking on the Amber Monstrosity for 10000 times as much (i.e. 100 x 100) as it was on the boss himself, it seems likely that it has to be done at a precise point in time relative to his damage taken buff.

  2. #2
    This is pretty much what Midwinter is doing right now.
    They stack the debuff on the Boss until he has a high amount of stacks, push to 70% and use combustion on him to nuke the Monstrosity within a couple of seconds.

    So yea, this works and it seems to be a great tactic for this boss.

  3. #3
    Also seems kind of dodgy, if this gets patched a bunch of the Ambershaper kills are going to be pretty fraudulent, lol.

  4. #4
    Hilarious.
    They just killed that Monstrosity in about 5-10 seconds on stream. I wonder if that's going to be hotfixed any time soon.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    This is pretty much what Midwinter is doing right now.
    They stack the debuff on the Boss until he has a high amount of stacks, push to 70% and use combustion on him to nuke the Monstrosity within a couple of seconds.

    So yea, this works and it seems to be a great tactic for this boss.
    It has to be a bug though, for me to get a 2.6 million ignite tick I'd need approximately 1000 stacks of the damage buff which is obviously completely impossible to have while the boss is still above 70%.

  6. #6
    It most likely is a bug.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=17380&e=17794
    Just check that Combustion.

  7. #7
    Its not a bug. When Blizzard "fixed" cleaves this is what happens.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy_kC View Post
    It has to be a bug though, for me to get a 2.6 million ignite tick I'd need approximately 1000 stacks of the damage buff which is obviously completely impossible to have while the boss is still above 70%.
    Quote Originally Posted by reohh View Post
    Its not a bug. When Blizzard "fixed" cleaves this is what happens.
    Yeah, it looks like that change is directly responsible for this, combust prior to the phase change and then spread once the monstrosity spawns, takes the original combust and multiplies it by 100 since it assumes that it was supressed by 99%.

  9. #9
    Tried making some sense by inspecting logs but I have no clue

    [00:14:55.928] Amber Monstrosity afflicted by Combustion from Jarinky
    [00:14:56.424] Jarinky Combustion Amber-Shaper Un'sok 1844
    [00:14:56.604] Jarinky Combustion Amber Monstrosity 25836

    [00:15:03.990] Amber Monstrosity's Combustion is refreshed by Jarinky
    [00:15:04.333] Jarinky Combustion Amber-Shaper Un'sok 1845
    [00:15:04.490] Jarinky Combustion Amber Monstrosity 17568298

    Why didn't it start ticking for crazy amount the first time?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by empo View Post
    Tried making some sense by inspecting logs but I have no clue

    [00:14:55.928] Amber Monstrosity afflicted by Combustion from Jarinky
    [00:14:56.424] Jarinky Combustion Amber-Shaper Un'sok 1844
    [00:14:56.604] Jarinky Combustion Amber Monstrosity 25836

    [00:15:03.990] Amber Monstrosity's Combustion is refreshed by Jarinky
    [00:15:04.333] Jarinky Combustion Amber-Shaper Un'sok 1845
    [00:15:04.490] Jarinky Combustion Amber Monstrosity 17568298

    Why didn't it start ticking for crazy amount the first time?
    Xyron and Jarinky both cast it early, game decided the damage reduction hadn't taken effect yet.
    As for why Jar's was hitting ~6-7x as hard as the others when it was recast, the damage buff on the boss had worn off by the time he cast it. Similar to how the damage reduction being applied increased it, the damage buff wearing off also increased it.

  11. #11
    This is obviously not how it should be, it allows you to nearly skip the most chllenging phase of the fight if you do it like Midwinter. Pretty shady imo.

    On the other hand it was mentioned so many times in the beta feedback threads and not fixed like so many other things mentioned in there.. Not a very high priority for Blizz apperntly.

  12. #12
    Dreadlord Choice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    822
    A lot of major bugs from beta shipped, it was rather pathetic to see Elegon ship with the sparks not dealing damage. That's the most apparent bug but you can rattle off so many more. Bugs that are mentioned in the threads and heavily reported, really isn't an excuse for that kind of error.

    Avast | Signature by Pangcakes | YouTube Channel

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepingforest View Post
    Yeah, it looks like that change is directly responsible for this, combust prior to the phase change and then spread once the monstrosity spawns, takes the original combust and multiplies it by 100 since it assumes that it was supressed by 99%.
    This has nothing to do with the cleave nerf, it was like this on beta. It was reported months ago and blizzard didn't fix it.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2012-11-12 at 01:36 PM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    This has nothing to do with the cleave nerf, it was like this on beta. It was reported months ago and blizzard didn't fix it.
    Not the nerf, no, but the change, yes.
    As he explained -
    Cleaves now do 100% of the damage to the secondary target (or 70%, or however much your specific cleave does), no matter the buff or debuff on the current target.
    Which means that as Unsok gets a shield that protects him from a majority of the damage, then the "cleave" from spreading ignite/combust on to the boss (unclear of mage mechanics, so not sure if you spread ignite then combust, or just combust etc) assumes that it is suppressed by the 99% damage reduction shield, and has to buff the ignite an equal amount when it goes on to the mob that it is spread to. This, in turn, causes it to get HUGE for some reason, and is clearly bugged/unintended.

  15. #15
    Yeah, it's quite broken. We've done it for lols but ticketed it.

  16. #16
    Typical Blizzard programming fail: fixes a small bug, unintentionally creates bigger bug.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Not the nerf, no, but the change, yes.
    As he explained -
    Cleaves now do 100% of the damage to the secondary target (or 70%, or however much your specific cleave does), no matter the buff or debuff on the current target.
    Which means that as Unsok gets a shield that protects him from a majority of the damage, then the "cleave" from spreading ignite/combust on to the boss (unclear of mage mechanics, so not sure if you spread ignite then combust, or just combust etc) assumes that it is suppressed by the 99% damage reduction shield, and has to buff the ignite an equal amount when it goes on to the mob that it is spread to. This, in turn, causes it to get HUGE for some reason, and is clearly bugged/unintended.
    Ye this pretty much proves doing this is exploiting a bug I can see a temp ban to the guilds that used this tactic for a kill (if any ahs done it) and everyone with the smallest understanding of the game mechanics know that taking advantage of something like this is deliberatedly exploiting a bug.

  18. #18
    Dreadlord Choice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    822
    It's a bit harder to quantify than that they used it. Since it comes from simply using the spell as you normally would it's generally quite hard to prove it if was done intentionally or not. A fire mage without combustion is a very poor thing indeed.

    Accessibility and responsibility play a part on what is a bannable offence. As an example, Blizzard couldn't ban DK's who massacred people who the frost fever nerf because it was simply too obtainable with a one line macro. Some times Blizzard just needs to accept responsibility for letting the exploit come about in the first place.

    A more applicable example is the ret paladin seal bug during the 5% buff. People were using it to 3 man heroic ragnaros and push guild progression by leaps and bounds. But Blizzard can't justify winding it back because the solution was to not touch your character at all, which wasn't reasonable.

    Avast | Signature by Pangcakes | YouTube Channel

  19. #19
    we got 2 mages in our 10 man. this is gonna be fun.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    It's a bit harder to quantify than that they used it. Since it comes from simply using the spell as you normally would it's generally quite hard to prove it if was done intentionally or not. A fire mage without combustion is a very poor thing indeed.

    Accessibility and responsibility play a part on what is a bannable offence. As an example, Blizzard couldn't ban DK's who massacred people who the frost fever nerf because it was simply too obtainable with a one line macro. Some times Blizzard just needs to accept responsibility for letting the exploit come about in the first place.

    A more applicable example is the ret paladin seal bug during the 5% buff. People were using it to 3 man heroic ragnaros and push guild progression by leaps and bounds. But Blizzard can't justify winding it back because the solution was to not touch your character at all, which wasn't reasonable.

    Well, by that logic, then Ensidia's saronite bombs vs the platform on LK normal should not have been a ban-able offense, either - why would a person NOT be doing their optimal dps rotation in order to progress?
    It's the exact same thing here with the fire mages and combust - and when there's log of them replicating it every single attempt they do, then it's quite clear that it was abused, not accidental, no :P?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •