The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Macro that calls out the Target

So I'm looking for a macro that when i cast my innervate on a target it shows in /s who I used it on.

if you target them to cast it

/say Innervate on %t.

would work

10+ Year Old Account
    ForteXorcist does this built in. Just wondering if you wanted any other pre-sets for say, Rebirth or defensive cd usage.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    No I dont target them to cast it. I just mouse over their raid frame to cast it.

Get RSA (Raeli's Spell Announcer I think it stands for?). It will make macros for pretty much everything you could ever want plus a bunch of things you'll see it do and go "oh yeah... that's handy". It has almost everything covered by default but you can also customise all the announcements and everything. Also has functionality for how much an ability did or absorbed or whatever, very handy and saves a lot of macro writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by silentkillin View Post
    No I dont target them to cast it. I just mouse over their raid frame to cast it.
    If you only cast on your mouseover:
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover, help] Innervate
    /stopmacro [@mouseover, nohelp]
    /run SendChatMessage("Innervate on "..UnitName("mouseover"),"SAY")
    With the stopmacro it will not send any message if you don't have a friendly target as mouseover.

EDIT: This will only say it once and if your target is in range to really cast innervate (only works for party/raid members) and innervate isn't on cooldown (you will say it and afterwards it will be cast and on cooldown, so no spam)
    Code:
    /run if UnitInRange("mouseover")and GetSpellCooldown("Innervate")==0 then SendChatMessage("Innervate on "..UnitName("mouseover"),"SAY")
    /cast [@mouseover, help] Innervate
    Last edited by sshika; 2012-11-12 at 06:30 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems to not be working. It will work if I am not mousing over anyone and it will cast on myself.

But if I mouse over a raid frame it will not cast.

Deleted
    You can't have it bound to a mouse button if you're going to mouse over a raid frame. If that's what you want, use Clique.

I second the recommendation for RSA Spell Announcer. It doesn't create macros like the guy above mentioned, it just notifies the raid, party, /say, and/or the individual you cast it on. It is a very simple solution to what you are looking for. I use it for my Soulstone notifications for resses that are done through Clique (mouse over addon).