Poll: Do you click or keybind?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Keyind 90% of my stuff , click the less used stuff .. also if it hasn't been posted already http://www.darklegacycomics.com/87.html

Keybind. If you wan't to play at 100% you're gonna need to learn to keybind.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Keybind everything except a few rarely used buttons which i click or swap with other keybound moves for certain fights

I found both to be the best back when I played. Because some keyboards have a set limit of simultaneous keys that can be pressed at once, there are times when clicking on top of binding is better. It also helps if you play when you are tired and don't want to fat finger bloodlust or something so you just move it to an easily clicked area of the screen.

This doesn't even include healing in general where my 5-button mouse+keybinds in grid+clique allowed me the fastest reactions. Just clicking people in tandem with keyboard binds allowed me most everything I had to do as any healing class using mainly the mouse and wasdqe (because sometimes it is fine key turning so long as there is no possible reason to turn faster.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    Check, check, check and check!
    Looks like i will stick to clicking as it seems just as good!
    Could you link wowlogs?

There is a very large difference between clicking and key binding, especially in high ranking PvP. Also, there is a reason high-end guilds ask for a screenshot of your UI. It's mostly to see what key binds you use and where you use them.

If you tried key binding and it made you worse, you weren't trying hard enough. Clicking is acceptable if you're super casual, not if you actually want any form of progress. Don't tell me that you've made progress while clicking, you've very likely been a pain-in-the-ass for your raid.

I remember when I used to click absolutely everything, it took me about 2-3 years to actually try key binding on my restoration druid. I don't think I could ever go back to clicking now, it just comes naturally. Recently I finally managed to keybind my cool downs too, so now all I have left to bind are CC/pvp utility but I tend to bind things gradually so its not too much of a shock.

I do find keybinding to be more effective as a melee though, mostly because its easier to mouse turn to get behind a target than keyboard turn.

i use my keybinds like 1-5 but click quite a lot... People say what binds do you use and i say well... im a clicker and no1 can change that. I hate people who say binding is better... as someone said if i can react and still keep up clicking then click away
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

10+ Year Old Account
    keybinds or go home tbh

For anyone that says clicking is 'as good' as key binds - click 2-3 abilities at once, eg: one on the gcd and 2 off it.

Deleted
    Keybinding everything...by that I mean food/potions/bandages and anything except my hearthstone.

1 - 4
    Q E R F G Z X C T H
    Mouse 3, 4 & 5
    All of the above +Shift & +Control
    F1 - F12

I open "Honor" page using Alt-H & character window is opened with ` (Under ESC)

1-5
    qweasd for movement
    z x c r f t g h `
    6-9 are on my mamba. Front thumb button does toggle autorun, shift = mount/dismount
    random number pad numbers for things like milling/prospect macro, fishing, arch, gear sets blah

Deleted
    click everything and make sure you keyboard turn so you can effectively click rend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ogFrenikk View Post
    If you are a clicker, you do not perform as good as you could if you keybinded. End of discussion. There's no argument to be had. If you click, you're gimping yourself and are happy with being a sub-par player.
    In your opinion.
    There is no way you can prove this as a fact. So stop trying to present it as a fact.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 09:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    There is a very large difference between clicking and key binding, especially in high ranking PvP. Also, there is a reason high-end guilds ask for a screenshot of your UI. It's mostly to see what key binds you use and where you use them.

If you tried key binding and it made you worse, you weren't trying hard enough. Clicking is acceptable if you're super casual, not if you actually want any form of progress. Don't tell me that you've made progress while clicking, you've very likely been a pain-in-the-ass for your raid.

So much bullshit. i know 50% of our raid team is clickers and we clear all 10 man raids and most of it on heroic.
    We are a top 10 guild on our realm.

Deleted
    I keybind, there is one or two cooldowns I klick though.

Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    Check, check, check and check!
    Looks like i will stick to clicking as it seems just as good!
    Logs, videos or it didn't happen...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    qweasd for movement
    Why do you need 6 buttons for movement? I'm scared to imagine that you have turn bound...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Why do you need 6 buttons for movement? I'm scared to imagine that you have turn bound...
    Strafe left/right.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by noxatron View Post
    keybinds or go home tbh
    There is no way you can prove this as a fact. So stop trying to present it as a fact.
    There is a way, look at your reaction time between clicking an ability and hitting a keybind. Look at the chance you have to miss click an ability as opposed to your chance to hit a wrong keybind.

The only thing that is up to debate is whether or not this slower reaction time and greater chance of error affects your performance. In low skill level pve it probably does not as the rotation you use and the mechanics of the given fight have much more of an impact. However at higher level pve and all pvp faster reaction time and less dead time between abilities gives direct performance improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    If you can keep 99%+ activity, click multiple different defensive cd's with 1 sec reaction time, avoid shit while doing Competitive dps/hps feel free to continue clicking.
    If not consider binds.
    This, people really don't realize at all....

Muscle memory, etc etc. Doesn't work with clicking.

The worst part is healers who think they can get away with clicking (click portrait -> click heal -> click other portrait -> click heal...).

But, indeed, to each their own, just.. No offense, but I'd not want to be in your raid.

I have keybound everything except my doomguard, to prevent the cat from popping it. That wouldn't be a first. It's pissing me off though, I need to find some complex keybind so I still have it bound.

Soulwell, Summon, those are the only things clicked.