Poll: Do you click or keybind?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I half click half keybind, i bind my most important 3 spells and key them while clicking the rest,normally spam clicking so i can click them the second they're off cool down.

I haven't made any smart macro's yet
    I don't have may buttons on my mouse
    I don't use alt/ctr + button combinations

So I do click some of my less used skills, CDs etc.
    It doesn't really matter in PVE, the rotation doesn't suffer.
    But I'm sure that it would be better for PVP, getting the survivability/cc skills on buttons. I need to browse my interface for those things when I need em.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    I keybind. Always have. If you click and keyboard turn then you will never be as fast as you could potentially be if you got used to keybinding and turning with your mouse, that's a fact. Some people get to be very, very fast clicking, but they could always be that little bit faster. The main problem I have with keyboard turning is that it puts a cap on how fast you can turn your character. Your turning speed is defined by the speed you set up in the options. With the mouse you can turn very precisely and as quickly or slowly as you desire. From a tanking point of view I find it important to get very quick, precise movements when positioning a boss or some adds so I can't imagine doing my job anywhere near as efficiently if I clicked and keyboard turned.

I don't click a single spell, I even got my perky pug Sam keybound!
    I feel it's much faster and smoother.
    And I really don't play with bars showing, so I can't click !
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren

Keybind, started off clicking but eventually got into keybinding and now it's the way to go for me.

I used to be a clicker for a long time like most of the people who start wow, but taking time to learn keybinding was the best thing i ever did to myself.

And my honest opinion is this. Clicking is never better. No matter how anyone tries to convince themselves, keybinding is better in every way. Most people who are not binding everything are most likely only doing pve because you can't have your cooldowns unbinded in pvp. In pvp, if you click even a few spells, you are already giving advantage to your opponent who does not click. Your focus can't jump from the game to your mouse cursor trying to hit a small icon in your spell bar.

I'm also pretty sure that players in top rank guilds bind everything they might need. It's simply mandatory if you want to get everything out of your character.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me people who click are like people who don't enchant their gear because it works for them so it's not important. They're still topping dps when grouping with other bads so who cares?

Maybe that sounds harsh but it's pretty much the same thing. "I do fine with clicking, it's preference" "I do fine without enchants/gems, they're optional".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    To me people who click are like people who don't enchant their gear because it works for them so it's not important. They're still topping dps when grouping with other bads so who cares?

Maybe that sounds harsh but it's pretty much the same thing. "I do fine with clicking, it's preference" "I do fine without enchants/gems, they're optional".
    Well, with enchats you can do more dmg, with keybinding not. The gcd is still there. So if you only keybind the spells that are off gcd there is no way someone with only keybinds can be better than you if you are very good at clicking and don't need a whole second to move your mouse precisely. Obviously you have to change you UI away from 2 long bars like in the standard UI and it doesn't apply to pvp were very fast turning is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    Well, with enchats you can do more dmg, with keybinding not. The gcd is still there. So if you only keybind the spells that are off gcd there is no way someone with only keybinds can be better than you if you are very good at clicking and don't need a whole second to move your mouse precisely. Obviously you have to change you UI away from 2 long bars like in the standard UI and it doesn't apply to pvp were very fast turning is required.
    High level pve also requires very fast turning...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    High level pve also requires very fast turning...
    Nope, not remotely on the same level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    In your opinion.
    There is no way you can prove this as a fact. So stop trying to present it as a fact.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 09:30 AM ----------

So much bullshit. i know 50% of our raid team is clickers and we clear all 10 man raids and most of it on heroic.
    We are a top 10 guild on our realm.
    Logs please my friend.

Clicking will always be sub-par, you can't hit multiple abilities at the same time (off-GCD ones like interrupts, for example). There is no discussion as to which is better, keybinds will always win. But do what you please, as long as you aren't hindering your fellow gamers.

Deleted
    Razer Naga ftw. I keybind and have done since i started pvp in late wrath. Imo if you click/keyboard turn your a free hk.

Quote Originally Posted by Senedra View Post
    click, got joint pain in the last 2 fingers on both hands so i cant really keybind : /
    I went back from full keybinds to semi keybinds and clicking. full keybindings and raiding just destroys my wrists and joints in 30 minutes flat. So yea 3-4 hours of raiding is not doable for me in full keybinds. so i found a nice niche between clicking and keybinds.

However I never had the problem in Tera with full key bindings the game felt way less skill spammy somehow. might have something to do with the lockon skills they had :S

10+ Year Old Account
    click. but i mostly heal, only mess around with dps from time to time. never could stand getting use to key binds on my dps toons, since i don't raid with them i usually say screw it. i mess up when i first set them up so i don't see the point of squeezing every ounce of dps out of quicker reactions in 5mans and the occasionally 10man, when i'll be annoyed with the new setup for awhile. (kills the joy of relaxing on a alt for me). i don't even know how having keybinds for healing would increase anything, if you use healbot or any other add on like that.
    I'd torture a thousand souls just to see her smile.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Strafe left/right.
    It's totally normal to have strafe bound. Also forward/backward. These are the 4 standard movement binds. If you have 6, then you have turn bound which is pointless.

I use a razer naga and bind spells to all the buttons on it w/clique and extra stuff I use shift/ctrl/alt modifiers. If I didn't have this mouse I'd probably still be clicking and still be awful, because I have too much joint pain to be spidering my keyboard all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    Nope, not remotely on the same level.
    You cant raid most of the heroics without not being to turn with your mouse. Keyboard turning would just kill you while trying to avoid certain abilities..

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    You cant raid most of the heroics without not being to turn with your mouse. Keyboard turning would just kill you while trying to avoid certain abilities..
    Remember the days of folks keyboard turning/backpedaling to get out of defile?

I clicked then and even I didn't keyboard turn out of defile.

I never understood why people did that.

I'm mostly keybind, but like many have said before me, I have my cooldowns or other abilities that are not often used as clicks, so both.