Poll: Do you click or keybind?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i keybind

strife left and right with A,D middle mouse is autorun(witch is how i mostly move). and i move with both mouse buttons(never was much for wasd)plus i like w and s for skills

Edit wont let me post picture

I have a mouse that has 3 joysticks -- One on side for thumb, one on top for index/middle finger, and one on side for pinky.

Each direction can be bound to a key via 3rd party program. I bind 3 on thumb, 3 on top and 2 on pinky - Each one of them has a Shift modifier for Arena2 then Ctrl for Arena3.

I use Q, E, R, F, C, X, 1-5 along with a Shift modifier.

It use to be worse when you had to re-drop individual totems as an Enhance shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I mouse turn, I keybind combat abilities and I don't bother binding buffs and other abilities that I don't need on a split second notice.

I don't need to bind fortitude. I don't need to bind inner fire. I don't need to bind a few other utilities either, like mage tables or poisons.
    But I thought making tables was the Mage's main role in WoW?...

About the click issue: http://www.darklegacycomics.com/107.jpg

Now, I have a unique keyboard setup. My movement keys are over at the numberpad, so I can move my right hand easily between my movement keys and the mouse for stuff in the game that has to be clicked. 4/6 to turn left/right, 7/9 to strafe, 2/8 to move forward/back, 5 for autorun, 1 for 'interact with target', 3 to put a skull-mark on, 0 to go down, / to go up like spacebar, +/- for tilting up and down for flying, the . on the numpad for vent push-to-talk, * to reverse camera angle.

My main skill hotkeys are QWER ASDF ZXCV with stancebar on the numbers, so I can easily hit them all. My secondary skillbar uses the same letters with shift-versions, my tertiary uses control-versions of the same letters. Spacebar for jump. My character panes and stuff are on the right side of the letters, like O, P, etc.

Complicated to set up, but sooooo worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do both, but I was a clicker for a couple of years when I started WoW (only keys used where 1-5 and movement).
    There's still things I click, long CD's for example. Or rarely used spells like ritual of summoning etc.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Chill out bro. There are plenty of people who keybind and are not 'top 10' anywhere.

Keybinding does not automatically make you a good player.
    No, but clicking automatically makes you a bad one.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keybinding is better.

Also, Razer Naga is bad. Any bind on your mouse will make your movement sloppy, and defeat most of the point of keybinding in the first place. I suppose you could put unimportant, non-combat binds on the Naga, but at that rate you might as well just put them on "bad" binds like Shift-5.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morsker View Post
    Keybinding is better.

Also, Razer Naga is bad. Any bind on your mouse will make your movement sloppy, and defeat most of the point of keybinding in the first place. I suppose you could put unimportant, non-combat binds on the Naga, but at that rate you might as well just put them on "bad" binds like Shift-5.
    i cant disagree more...i dont see why it effects movement in any way at all.

to the OP, clicking isnt "another" way to play, it is an inferior way to play. i would go to say high level pvp is impossible with clicking.
    Last edited by jmacphee9; 2012-11-13 at 06:41 PM.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

Combo! I make it where certain things can't be fat fingered such as Time Warp and have my other "rotation" spells on keybinds.

I have been a key binder since pre bc, reaction times are faster, no looking for buttons under duress, faster on task and task switching, I will click during heavy movement periods. My key binds are set to match where my talents are on the toolbar, so clicking is simpler however there is a difference when i have to click v button push, all my utility when playing a utility class is also key bound but to my mouse, When i travel and am not on my normal system there is a perceptible difference in output.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both. I keybind my healing spells, click/keyboard turn the rest.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    bring on the hate i click AND keyboard turn....and alot of people are shocked when they find out....love when people say clicking = bad just like casual = bad

to those people who thinkt hat ...please link your armories so i may have a good laugh and remember to tell me how many hours a week you raid as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Obby View Post
    bring on the hate i click AND keyboard turn....and alot of people are shocked when they find out....love when people say clicking = bad just like casual = bad

to those people who thinkt hat ...please link your armories so i may have a good laugh and remember to tell me how many hours a week you raid as well
    Clicking is bad. My armory is in my sig and i raid 16 hours a week, and i don't give a shit how progressed your guild is, you're still BAD!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PFloydWall View Post
    Clicking is bad. My armory is in my sig and i raid 16 hours a week, and i don't give a shit how progressed your guild is, you're still BAD!
    mmm finally one of them people who can actually put up good job figured the ones that would feed that would be some shitastic blood elf DK who thinks blood is a pvp spec yet all they do is random BGs then sits in trade bitching about how they lose all of them

also....umad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

I keybind everything including mounts and some vanity items. Having an ability bound to a key allows you to respond faster than clicking the button. I like my mouse free to only target enemies, i usually dont right click on quest givers instead i left click them and hit my keybinding to interact with them (this comes in handy in a place like Halfhill that is heavily crowded and helps you not right click an enemy player leading you to be attacked by guards). So basically i only use my mouse pointer for targeting npcs and players and looting items although some of my actionbars have unbound things that i click they are not in-combat spells they are stuff like my mage portals and conjure food.

Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    Sometimes it can take just as long to move your finger to press the appropriate key on your keyboard as it would to move your mouse cursor over the icon. At least if you're familiar with your mouse movement speed.
    No it can't.

Deleted
    The only clicks I have are mounts, time warp and feasts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Click, Click, Click. And I'm not bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by Obby View Post
    also....umad?
    Well, I can turn/move in any direction and cast any one of my spells or cd's in a heartbeat thanks to keybinds so that makes me pretty happy.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's only one definitive "Please don't keybind that" ability. OK, well 4. Heroism/Timewarp/Bloodlust/Ancient Hysteria.