Poll: Do you click or keybind?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't help but notice all these clickers have no armories in their sigs and are not posting their progression or are saying shit like either is acceptable.

No its not.

Do not try to pretend it is, this isn't runescape in 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    There's only one definitive "Please don't keybind that" ability. OK, well 4. Heroism/Timewarp/Bloodlust/Ancient Hysteria.
    That's horrible, just have it keybound somewhere you won't fat finger it...On my mage its isolated to F5, a bit of a stretch for my fingers but I won't fat finger it that way and can still use the ability much faster than clicking.

Healing = MOUSE BINDS + good raid frame addon (I prefer Vuhdoh) left click, right click, middle, side mouse button, shift modifier, alt modifier, shift+alt modify.. it's ridiculous how much possibility there is with mouse binds and is BEST for a healer.

Tanking = Combo- clicking and binds) Paladin example= binds:1-5 rotation while clicking anything NOT in my 1-5 rotation. And then using f1-f4 as my "hands abilities"
    or even using vuhdoh to observe spec profiles and have you click while tanking be your cooldowns, hand of sac on left click/ hand of protection on right click etc

DPS = Whatever you feel comfortable with comfortability usually ends up getting you the fastest reaction time.

PvP = Battlegrounds to me was a good way to memorize my binds. So if you plan to try some binds or go full bind-mode, then just do 10 back to back BGs and guarantee your binds will be muscle memory. Arena's, always, always binds will be faster. Arena's aren't really 100% predictable, yea you can guess when an enemy player is going to do something, but you dont always know for sure. So having that instant reaction rather than sacrificing a function to click is literally life or death timing.

example- hunter.. DPS CD zerging down a disc-warr team.. killing disc/ tracking warrior buffs, priest is about to die and warrior gets 4 stacks of taste for blood and you see him target you and you know a charge is coming... Shift+ middle mouse button to scatter shot a focus target (mouse over focus), giving me time to either finish off the priest, or drop a trap on the warrior before he trinkets and or before the disorientation wears off...All while still targeting the priest.

Just one of thousands of possible examples that prove binds is better in arenas

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Can't help but notice all these clickers have no armories in their sigs and are not posting their progression or are saying shit like either is acceptable.

No its not.

yours says quit wow 10/10 for comeing to wow posts

plays LoL....cant take you seriosuly now
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

I also have a Nostromo, and a regular Naga. I've been a clicker since i started playing 4 years ago. I know i need to do more binding, I just cant get over the feeling of the movement and clicking at the same time. Any sugestions on how to utilize my Nostromo and Naga. I play a Rogue, Enha/Ele, and Feral/Guardian. My Nostromo is colecting dust since i bought it and would really like to get to use it. Any Help would be apriciated

Deleted
    I wouldn't bother playing any progressive PvE or PvP with a clicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obby View Post
    yours says quit wow 10/10 for comeing to wow posts

plays LoL....cant take you seriosuly now
    Yeah and im also top .5% of players out of 11 million.

No its not.

Feel free to look me up, i have nothing to hide. Not saying im the best, but im not horrible either. I prefer PvE, so being a clikder is not hindering me

Lighting's Blade-US, Spináltàp, Worgen Rogue, Guilld-Hawtness

G13
    Forward, back, strafe left and right bound to the thumbstick means fingers are free from having to cover movement. Tab, space, ctrl, alt and shift bound to mouse buttons.

Prior to using the g13 i used a nostromo and bound movement on that also to the thumbpad.

Of course keybind.

erm everything i would use in a raid i have keybind. Only clicking useless stuff like Tag macros, bind elementals grounding totem and profession

Deleted
    It is rather amusing to read how people are filled with prejudice and pound themselves upon the chest simply because they keybind abilities.
    I doubt even one poster out of twenty here that claim people are automaticaly bad for clicking are in a top 200 guild themselves.

Now though, do not get me wrong, I do keybind myself, although, some specific abilities, I do click, and the UI is designed to take such things into account.
    Perhapps you do not play optimaly if not everything is keybinded, but you most definately are not automaticaly a bad player for not having every single ability keybound.

I do however think, that people who do not have a single ability keybound, and click every single thing, well, that would be abit limiting to say the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koyivida View Post
    It is rather amusing to read how people are filled with prejudice and pound themselves upon the chest simply because they keybind abilities.
    I doubt even one poster out of twenty here that claim people are automaticaly bad for clicking are in a top 200 guild themselves.

Now though, do not get me wrong, I do keybind myself, although, some specific abilities, I do click, and the UI is designed to take such things into account.
    Perhapps you do not play optimaly if not everything is keybinded, but you most definately are not automaticaly a bad player for not having every single ability keybound.

I do however think, that people who do not have a single ability keybound, and click every single thing, well, that would be abit limiting to say the least.
    Reading more than 1 page is hard, I know.

Deleted
    My rotation and my CD's are all bound to either mouse or keyboard but I also use Vuhdo and so, one might say that I do click a bit

Deleted
    Reading more than 1 page is hard, I know.
    Providing good and constructive responces seems to be quite hard aswell, I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koyivida View Post
    Providing good and constructive responces seems to be quite hard aswell, I know.
    Can you not read my signature or something.

Deleted
    Can you not read my signature or something.
    I did read your signature, it would seem that you did not read my post though, I said, I doubt that more then one out of twenty was in a top 200 guild, you happen to fall within those one out of twenty. I fail to see the issue?

100% keybinds everything is binded

15+ Year Old Account
    I always clicked when I was ret and binded when healing. Old habit.

my dps never dropped as dps and was always as high as the key binders because how I mapped my hotbar and positioned everything in specific rows/columns. I tried to bind but it still felt the same. Instead of clicking with my index finger I was now clicking with my thumb; I saw no change except for executing buffs... but those were already bound to my heal mod which is on my screen by default.

Long story short, I can click the hotbar like a pianist hits the piano keys and I am fine with that because I kill key binders every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use both. I used to be a clicker also but I eventually started using the 1 and 2 keys and then also eventually the 3 key. I just starting to get used to using the 4 key but for everything else I click. I never used keybinds yet and probably will never use them as I can't find the patience to do it. Plus I like my current play style it's comfortable for me.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe