Poll: Do you click or keybind?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I could bind everything to a 360 controller I would.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Well I do a combination of both now, To be honest I had a very difficult time getting used to keybinding. I'm not very coordinated with pressing keys while looking at the screen, I'm a noob in that aspect.

Deleted
    It took me the longest time to get to grips with keybinding but now that I have it makes things so much easier. I mean, I used to click like nobody's business and I was good at it, but having one eye on action bars and one on what was going on was tough and after raids I felt mentally drained.

I taught myself to keybind levelling another char of the same class and forced myself to keybind - now it's pretty natural and I can focus on what's going on around me 99%.

It was a steep and painful learning curve though. Having a Naga helped immensely.

Deleted
    I have everything keybinded except for mounts/hearthstone

10+ Year Old Account
    After years of being a clicker and my boyfriend tormenting me about it I started to keybind. I always used the blizzard bar for abilities 1-6, can't reach 7+comfortably. Now I am using my naga and have my dots, a heals, and shadow form for my priest bound, inquisition and lay on hands for my pally. I am slowly starting to bind. It has really improved my dps I have to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Can't help but notice all these clickers have no armories in their sigs and are not posting their progression or are saying shit like either is acceptable.

No its not.
    I'm not seeing much in the way of people making claims that clicking is superior.

And seriously, why would someone post their armory or progression when someone (perhaps you) is just waiting to pounce on them for being "bad"?
    --

On topic, like others I have keybinds for most of my stuff and a few mouse binds as well. There are some abilities that I still click, but a subset of those should really get keybinds.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    i have never keybinded a singel thing, and i have raided for 6 years now.
    I almost never die becuse im to slow moving out of things, im quick at switching targets when needed, im always in any raid or pug among the topp dps and its been so on all the classes i have had as my main over these years. The guild i am in has for the last 4 years been a topp 10 guild on the realm we are on so i dont play with only complete idiots. I have a very hard time seeing that keybinding would make me such a amazingly better player.

Why cant people understand its just a diffrent style of play.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 08:20 AM ----------

Check, check, check and check!
    Looks like i will stick to clicking as it seems just as good!
    Very impressive to be able to click all the spells within the gcd, even when having to move around.
    I don't believe 50% of you being clickers though. There's only so many that might be good enough to click fast enough for it not to be an issue.
    Otherwise you could most likely beat blood legion if you all began to use keyboard, which is a nice feat, no?

I'dd like to see you play a demon lock during movement. Dotting all targets up with corr/doom, you have to target every target at least twice, with the mouse, and then move the mouse to the spell, and back to a new target.
    I guess it's not impossible, but doing that you would probably realise it would be easier to at least bind doom and corruption.

The rest of us with slow reactions at more than 100 ms will benefit more from using a keyboard, than a mouse.

I have all my abilities key bound + a mount.

Deleted
    Well i still use bind/click combo and if you ask me i hate it especially in heavy movement clicking will doom you but just cant broke mine fingers like mine sister do it to bind almost everything
    Seems the only solution is to buy Razer naga

So tell me, WHY would you even consider using clicks instead of keybinds? I can't understand the logic in why people are clicking instead of keybinding.

You should never ever ever ever click in WoW, the time it takes for your brain to react on where you mouse cursor is to move the cursor to the button and click it will always take twice as long it takes to move your finger to the right button while your brain have muscle memory on which button to click.
    And don't come with nonsense like "I'm a very fast clicker"... Keybinds will be twice as fast even if you are the fastest clicker in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    So tell me, WHY would you even consider using clicks instead of keybinds? I can't understand the logic in why people are clicking instead of keybinding.

You should never ever ever ever click in WoW, the time it takes for your brain to react on where you mouse cursor is to move the cursor to the button and click it will always take twice as long it takes to move your finger to the right button while your brain have muscle memory on which button to click.
    And don't come with nonsense like "I'm a very fast clicker"... Keybinds will be twice as fast even if you are the fastest clicker in the world.
    In most situations it doesn't matter if keybinds are twice as fast, if the ability requires you to wait for the GCD then hitting it in 0.1 second or 0.2 seconds makes no difference. If you use a sensible UI then you can have your cursor over the ability that is off GCD (assuming you only have 1 crucial one, which is true of most classes) then you have other abilities around that one and all you do is twitch to the correct spell and click, this is pretty much the same as having you one finger ready over the off GCD keybind and having to press any other button. Muscle memory teaches you how to twitch the mouse just as well as which button to push, a good clicker doesn't need to look at their cursor as they always know where it is, in the same way that a good keybinder doesn't have to look at the keyboard.

The only way in which keybinds actually make a difference is how it affects your ability to move, a keybinding keyboard turner will have more problems than a clicking mouse turner. Keybinding does tend to make it easier to mouse turn, but you can have you abilities hidden by a single keybind and if you can't hide your abilities do a 180 mouse turn and unhide you abilities all in under 0.5 seconds then your problem is that you can't mouse turn properly.

Personally I am a healer so the discussion is more complicated. I have mouse over macros keybound to the numerical pad, target using the mouse and run forwards with my thumb on the arrow keys. Turning is either done via the mouse or arrow keys depending on if I know which direction I will need to run in advance (ie on defile I could turn using the keyboard while casting heals to face the direction I needed incase defile landed on me, so using the mouse was not needed) on gunship in dragon soul I would mouse turn when the big purple swirly thing turned up as I couldn't know in advance the direction.

Deleted
    pve scrubs don't need to bind keys

You're not playing at your full capacity if you click. If you keybind you can focus on the action a lot more, no matter how good you are at clicking you'll have a slower reaction than keybinders since you have to pull the mouse to the ability and click it. If you PvE it doesn't really matter though since it's very static.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by strangerdanger View Post

For the first several years that I played I was a clicker and I thought I was a pretty decent player.
    Sometimes, you just have to wonder if shit like this is just flame bait.

pve scrubs don't need to bind keys
    Obvious troll is obvious. But seriously, it just boggles my mind that there are still mouthbreathers out there clicking their spells. It just screams "I have no desire to improve and am happy with mediocrity." I sometimes wonder what these people are like IRL.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2012-11-14 at 04:08 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    I have absolutely everything keybinded, even mounts, professions, items... :P