I'm starting arena! What's a good casterpartner for a Spriest or an Elemental Shaman?

Hi Guys,

I'd like to know your recommendations for a good partner to get into 2v2s with. My girl and I wanna get into arena, just playing casually. Obviously we aren't aiming for 2200 or anything like that, just compatible pairs so we don't get rocked within 20 seconds of entering the arena. I just wanted to get some ideas for ideal classes to pair with her current two 90s: EITHER Shadow priest and Elemental Shaman.

IDEALLY, I'd like to play one of the following:

• Moonkin / Resto Druid
    • Shadow Priest / Holy / Disc ?
    • Mage
    • Warlock
    • Shaman

As you can see, I'd prefer caster classes. A bit sick of the melee tunnelling right now :P As a side question, is it generally better to go 2 DPS in 2v2, or 1 DPS 1 healer?

Shadow/mage shadow/resto shadow/feral
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Any caster spec of those will work as long as you follow these rules:

If you go with shaman, go resto
    If you go with priest, go shadow
    If you go with druid, go resto

Mage is probably the best of the things you listed and elemental shaman the worst.

Feral druid or a mage.

elemental shaman in 2v2 is the easiest class to kill

Would a double shadow priest work well?

How about Lock + Spriest?

Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    Would a double shadow priest work well?

How about Lock + Spriest?
    Lock Spriest works, yeah. It isn't as good as some of the following comps that you could play:

Elemental Shaman / Moonkin Druid - Called PingPong cleave. An amazingly fun comp but not great, you'll probably end up having a negative win/loss but you'll love every minute of it.
    Elemental Shaman / Mage - A lot of burst, Shaman will die quite often I imagine.

Shadow Priest / Mage - Probably the best comp out of all of them. Quite easy to play, a lot of off-healing, a lot of burst and a lot of CC.

(Pink = her, Green = you)

Deleted
    spriest and mage /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    As you can see, I'd prefer caster classes. A bit sick of the melee tunnelling right now :P As a side question, is it generally better to go 2 DPS in 2v2, or 1 DPS 1 healer?

If you are just starting out, healer-dps is a little more forgiving. You do risk having some long matches.

ele is extremely unforgiving to play in arena, especially 2v2, without a healer. i wouldnt recommend unless an incredible amount of dedication is put into improving your gameplay to make it work.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex