Can anyone explain to me the item upgrade limitations?

Apart from the minimum item level (458) will we have any limitations? The questions are very simple :
    1. What is the max level can we upgrade to? Will this level be the maximum one in the game for the coming season?
    2. Prices
    3. Any other limitations? (one item per week, maximum of N items)
    4. What is the procedure? I noticed on the main page there are 2 steps. Can they be done within one week/day/hour/minute?

Thank you.
    Last edited by PaulPS; 2012-11-12 at 07:57 AM.

Would be great if peeps on PTR could post their findings!

is it really hard to just read the front page?
    do you have some disability that you don't understand it?
    1.anyways pve gear you can upgrade it once it add 8+ item lvl to your current item for example if your item is 458 it becomes 466 and it increase the stats by a little amount and for pvp gear you can upgrade it twice but it only add 4item and less stats but you can upgrade it twice
    2. to upgrade pve gear you need 1500valor/justice to upgrade,ppv gear cost 750qonqeust/honor
    3.no
    4.ínstant

i hope this helps ,if not than i'm not sure about what you were asking.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulPS View Post
    Apart from the minimum item level (458) will we have any limitations? The questions are very simple :
    1. What is the max level can we upgrade to? Will this level be the maximum one in the game for the coming season?
    2. Prices
    3. Any other limitations? (one item per week, maximum of N items)
    4. What is the procedure? I noticed on the main page there are 2 steps. Can they be done within one week/day/hour/minute?

Thank you.
    according to mmochampion you can upgrade an item twice with valor. each time it upgrades it by 4 points so if you take the highest ilvl item in the game right now add 8 to it thats the highest you can get.

there doesnt seem to be any restrictions on amount of items upgraded or how many items you can wear that are upgraded so basically if you have enough points you could upgrade all your gear twice and have it be done with however valor has a cap of 3000 and a weekly cap of 1000 so were looking at about one upgrade per week.

as for the steps it seems you just go up to the ethereal put in your piece like when your reforging and then hit upgrade it takes your points bam stronger gear.

just imagine it like this instead of once a week going and spending x amount of valor on a valor vendor and getting a new piece of gear, you now go to an ethereal by the transmog guys and upgrade what gear you have.

lets use the valor gear from the factions as an example say you have one piece of valor gear lets say a head piece im pretty sure the ilvl for the valor gear is 497.

so you just hit your weekly cap you go down to the transmog area of the shrine or sw/org and you go up to the upgrade guy you put in your head piece hand over your weekly valor and he hhands you back a brand new refurbished 501 ilvl helmet
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    according to mmochampion you can upgrade an item twice with valor. each time it upgrades it by 2 points so if you take the highest ilvl item in the game right now add 4 to it thats the highest you can get.

there doesnt seem to be any restrictions on amount of items upgraded or how many items you can wear that are upgraded so basically if you have enough points you could upgrade all your gear twice and have it be done with however valor has a cap of 3000 and a weekly cap of 1000 so were looking at about one upgrade per week.

as for the steps it seems you just go up to the ethereal put in your piece like when your reforging and then hit upgrade it takes your points bam stronger gear.

just imagine it like this instead of once a week going and spending x amount of valor on a valor vendor and getting a new piece of gear, you now go to an ethereal by the transmog guys and upgrade what gear you have.

lets use the valor gear from the factions as an example say you have one piece of valor gear lets say a head piece im pretty sure the ilvl for the valor gear is 497.

so you just hit your weekly cap you go down to the transmog area of the shrine or sw/org and you go up to the upgrade guy you put in your head piece hand over your weekly valor and he hhands you back a brand new refurbished 499 ilvl helmet
    yes sorry valor/qonqeust gear can be upgraded twice and honor/justice gear once.
    EDIT:qonquest/valor upgrade the item with 4item lvl but can done twice
    and justice/honor gear can be upgraded once but it adds 8item lvl
    Last edited by nightmarez; 2012-11-12 at 08:13 AM.

Cant we just loot better items like we always used to?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawmac View Post
    Cant we just loot better items like we always used to?
    we do and will.

only now we can take our heroic raiding gear and make it about as good as normal raiding gear from the next tier.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    1) For rare quality items (blue) you can upgrade them only once via justice/honor points, this add 8 levels to them. For epic quality gear (purple) You can upgrade them twice via valor/conquest points. each upgrade will add 4 ilvl the the it.

It's probably based on the quality of the item to determine which of the 2 upgrade is available for that item, but it could be from a set ilvl chart which i don't know about. Futur will tell.

2) 1500 justice/honor points. 750 valor/conquests points.

3) Probably no limitation of how many per week you can do, but considering you have a maximum of points available and a cap to how many you make per week you can't really upgrade that much items anyway.

4)It's a new arcane guy next to the transmo/reforge/void storage guys. It works like the reforge guy, you put an item in it, you pay, it upgrades instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by nightmarez View Post
    is it really hard to just read the front page?
    do you have some disability that you don't understand it?
    1.anyways pve gear you can upgrade it once it add 8+ item lvl to your current item for example if your item is 458 it becomes 466 and it increase the stats by a little amount and for pvp gear you can upgrade it twice but it only add 4item and less stats but you can upgrade it twice
    2. to upgrade pve gear you need 1500valor/justice to upgrade,ppv gear cost 750qonqeust/honor
    3.no
    4.ínstant

i hope this helps ,if not than i'm not sure about what you were asking.
    looks like its pretty hard for you.

because its 1500 for hp/jp piece for 8 lvls 1 upgrade

and 750 vp/cp for 4 lvls 2 upgrades.

and not 1500 for pve and 750 for pvp
    Last edited by loki504; 2012-11-12 at 09:07 AM.

noob question, but do the enc remains on the gear or I have to redo the enchants every time i upgrade the gear?

i can keybind 2-3 toons to 1 character