Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Never have, never will, what these idiots that do buy forget is that it's people like them that are ruining the game by giving the gold sellers a market
    True, if you buy gold you should also not complain about bots, inflation and goldsellers spamming trade.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, and I never will.

I did know someone who did once though. Back in BC my GL was desperate to get fast flying mounts for him and his daughter. I could never understand why someone would risk their account like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    pre-paid credit cards. Just put the amount you want on it. I've done that to get friends and guildies wow time or let them use the card to purchase the Limited Edition version of wow in exchange for gold. I'm thinking about buying gold as right now my guild is raiding 4 nights a week for 3 hours. 1.4k gold in Flasks alone a week. Add in potions and the fact I've no alts/gathering professions, it kind of sucks.
    I have a very difficult time believing you can't make gold. You have Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting. You can very easily use Spirits in one way or another to afford that rather low cost for flasks.

OT: No, never have. Never could justify buying in-game currency for IRL money when I could use it on something truly beneficial to me.
    Last edited by Grissym; 2012-11-12 at 12:39 PM.
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

Nope, never will. If I want to save up for a very expensive but cool item, I want to actually earn all the money myself for it, not cheat my way to it.

Twice, in vanilla

I wasn't actually aware that it was illegal.
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren

I did once in vanilla when it was really hard to come by, and we were doing serious progression raiding. \\Actually a lot of my guild members did, and it kept us going. We had a specific member in the guild who handled the referrals.

It was almost a necessary evil at the time, as repairs, potions, and flask added up to some serious amounts back then. Not like today when you can farm an hour and have enough gold to repair for a month...

I did back early in Vanilla when I first started. For one thing back then there was no official policy as far as selling/buying gold. It was frowned on, but you couldn't get banned for it yet.

I basically did it because I wanted to be able to level without the need to stop and try and earn gold. It wasn't my first MMO, and I had learned years before just how much that kind of thing can slow you down. I think when I bought it 1k gold was going for like $60, and 1k was a bitch to earn back then. Once TBC hit though I never had an issue with gold, mainly because I was the 2nd JC on the server and made a ton of gold.

Never have, and never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Deklol View Post
    Twice, in vanilla

I wasn't actually aware that it was illegal.
    Its not illegal, its against the rules of the game. You had to know you was breaking the rules.

I always wanted to sell some gold rather than to buy it. But I am trying to play by the rules of game and I don't want to deal with bad consequences of this, so I will keep sitting on my piles of gold.

Deleted
    Nope, never have.

If you didn't have the sinister account stealing behind the scenes of the gold trade then I wouldn't have a problem with it. IE if you saw tons of legit players out (not bots) in the world farming their asses off to make gold and control AH's and so on. But since most of the trade is done by hacking, duping, and botting gold/items in ways that hurt other players experience it just isn't worth supporting. But I have to say, that the business only grows and grows so I would have to side on the fact of a lot more people do it then admit to it. I only did it once back in BC when I decided dropping 50 bucks was better then flunking out of college to get my epic flier. Yes, I was addicted to the the game at the time so it was a "have to have it now" sort of thing. Lessons were learned though.

Deleted
    nope, i find it ridiculous to pay for "ingame currency" that you can get very easily with a few dailies/farm per day :s

Never had, when I played I found it easy enough to get gold without having to pay IRL money for virtual money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never bought gold and never plan on it.
    ~You don't need a reason to help someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never in any other mmo, but in EvE, my first mmo, when I started like six or eight (I think) years ago, mining veldspar was so boring, I actually bought a Macro Recorder as well as subscribed to an additional EvE account to use as my "cargo shipping" account. Making cash was so damn hard back then. Then, I got fed up with this too and bought a few 100 million credits for augments. Did it once.

Fortunately, now you can buy credits from CCP in the form of PLEX, but unfortunately for them, I'm a bit bored of EvE right now.

As a person with limited time to farm, I prefer (and support) buying straight from the game developer. My only current deterrent is that I don't trust these gold sites and I don't like how they get their gold, but I see nothing wrong with buying gold from a developer. It's a case of paying money to save time.

Deleted
    Yes I have. Didn't feel that bad. will most likely do it again.

I could understand why someone would do it inn vanilla, as I back then had my main income from killing devilsuar raptors inn Ungoro after school.....as a restro druid...yay 50g for devilsuar gloves! It was never easy to get gold back then, I was very proud when I finally had my epic mount for 800g.

Now days its pathetic inn my eyes, not just wrong, but right out pathetic and shows what kind of person you are. AH playing is not fucking hard...I repeat, NOT FUCKING HARD, infact its easiere than say learning how to play an alt...All it takes is abit of time, and once you get going you just haft to spend like 1 hour a day. Or you can stock up on patch's for patch-bonanza...anyone who claims gold making is hard or takes alot of time obviously have never put inn effort.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Bought 5k once in Wotlk, no idea why but don't really regret it, think I bought my DMC trinket from it.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Rehl View Post
    Yes I have. Didn't feel that bad. will most likely do it again.
    haha

I did it, but I didn't feel good about it really. Fuck yah, high 5!!!
    I didn't feel bad about it either though.

I actually griefed the farmers quite a bit as well, it was a pvp server. This was back when they actually farmed for gold too, and not just stole accounts.

I griefed the farmers and then bought their gold.
    Idk if that makes me a hypocrite, or an asshole.