Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I did it back in BC to get epic flying for my main toon, because I didn't have any good professions, nor did 5000 gold seem like a reachable thing for me in the near future. Plus, the jump from 60% to 280% was huge, whereas now I wouldn't care if I could get the gold or not because 150% is still just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes at the start of BC for flight training cause I didnt have time at that time to farm the gold...never would again because I know it comes from hacked accounts mostly ...if they bought the gold from players for IRL money and resold it I might do it again .
    Last edited by Town Drunk; 2012-11-12 at 10:36 PM.

I did once in BC to get epic flying, and once in WOTLK because I was stupid and didn't know what I was doing. I don't really regret it, but don't think I will again.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    To prevent confusion over whether you’re playing a card game or returning to town, the Hearthstone will now be called a Homerock.

Yes so that i dont have to deal with all the botters in the auction house destroying the pricing on everything.

I have. On one occasion back in Vanilla early 2005. It was to buy the mats for my Dreadsteed quest. I paid via paypal and have never been hacked.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

In cataclysm, I bought 500k gold for 30 euro on a dead EU server, haters gonna hate. (this was from a big gold selling website with various game currencies)

I've bought Gold 3 or so times.. Back when gold was hard to come by (1500G for $59.95) I have never gotten hacked, never gotten my Credit information stolen. People think when you automatically go to a gold sellers website, you get hacked or get a key-logger.. That's not the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I nearly did when I first started playing. I didn't know where the gold was from. I asked my boyfriend if X amount of gold for Y amount of $ was a good deal. He then told me where the gold comes from. And as someone who has had their account hacked, it really pisses me off when I see someone has. Lame-O cheaters

No way in hell would I ever buy that shit from those people.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 10:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    Yes, tons of times.

If you go by Cata gold prices i had to work one real life hour for 30k gold, work i would've done anyway.
    Earning the gold ingame just does not compare.

Never hacked, never banned, never any problems.

Think it goes like this:
    Nolife in Classic -> no Gold bought
    BC -> 5k
    WOTLK -> 30k
    Cata -> 150k

All in several smaller ammounts.
    Even if YOU didn't get hacked, you are enabling other people to get hacked. You are buying stolen goods.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    No wonder WoW is such a cesspool with all these idiot gold buyers.

Takes one to know one! ;-)

once i bought gold 20 dollars for 70k to some desperate guy and decided to play market and got uber rich in weeks later, buying mounts collections and buying titles+mounts for raiding. Hell, i don't have to do anything. It's fun

Deleted
    Absolutely not, but I've sold it.

No, I don't contribute to the whole Botting, Hacking and Gold Buying network, seeing as they're all related.
    All these problems are interconnected and doing one can justify the other.
    Gold buying is often funded by hacking accounts to get that gold.
    Then once the gold and items are siphoned off, the account becomes a bot.
    Which in turn, creates more gold which is bought.
    People get sick of the bots, and decide to bot themselves.
    It's quite a vicious cycle.

Deleted
    What's the point of buying gold? I've got about 40 k now and I can't see any use for it except for some repairbuilds, mounts from factions etc.

Back in BC some friends and I completely re-rolled on a new server none of us had ever had toons on before. I ended up buying some gold to pay for training/ground mount/professions...it was better than begging randoms for gold...but yea gold is so easy to come by nowadays, there's really no point anymore.

No, I don't think there is much of a reason to.

Yes many times. Only when it was cheap like 1.5:1 or something lower. I tried botting to help myself make gold for mounts and only ending up getting banned for a day so that's out of the question. I dont have the time or patience to do dailys they are a huge time sink and offer no enjoyment, unless theres a mount involved at exalted. I only play to do do LFR now with a full time job and grad school I'm a little busy but enjoy a few hours a week to raid. The first time I bought gold was in vanilla to get my epic mount. Tiers hand was a bitch with 100 gold farmers on my server. The way I look at it you are paying someone to farm gold for you. I have the money so I don't mind paying someone to make 20k gold for me. Before LFR I bought gold to deck out a DK for my kid with BOEs from firelands and other raids. So even if you didnt buy gold, you are still potentially receiving it through the AH from people who did.

In MOP the only reason I could see people buy it is to get an alt raid ready from the AH, but that would costs you soo much with the huge lift in item prices due to the amount of gold in game now.
    Last edited by kennyisnotdead; 2012-11-13 at 03:30 PM.

Deleted
    Been buying gold since wotlk, unsure how much i've actually bought, but around 1 million gold sounds about right (or a couple hundred euro)
    Why ?
    Cause i'd rather work for one hour and buy gold then spending a couple hours making said gold, its just the better time investment for me.

Only been warned once and thats when i bought over 120k gold at one time.
    And it wasnt even a suspension, just informative mail that im suspected of buying gold, nothing more. Blizzard couldnt care less long as i pay my sub (Which im not, and why i dont care about saying it here )

I did twice once to get epic flying and another time to help a friend get his and gem up for area's which we ended getting duelist that season so it was a good investment in total i bought around 15k. But now that iv been able to make a butt load of my own, iv been using my gold to pay for my wow time and actually the last two expansions and people saying that they steal your credit card or your account. Clearly you went to a janky site, need to find one with good rep and test it out with a small purchase. Their there to make money why would they ruin that by stealing your credit card or account ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    No wonder WoW is such a cesspool with all these idiot gold buyers.
    I dont get it.. how is me having a shiny mount or some black market auction house gear affect your game play?

I make 85k a year, i dont want to spend 7 hours in front of the auction house out of my 15 hour game time.. thx but not thanks