Poll: Is it right?

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    I'm glad you added that edit - think most of us are speaking from the viewpoint of actual penetrative sex. Adding on foreplay etc means it's usually at least 30 mins from start to finish, as far as I'm concerned.
    Added a second edit because the article actually mentions that it's focus is mainly on penetrative sex. Missed that the first time I read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    *edit#2* Seems like the article did only mean the actual act. Either way, I stand by what I said. Personally, I'm usually satisfied with 15-20 minutes for the whole deal. I guess it depends on if you like lots of foreplay or not.
    I'm not too sure how well the article applies to gay people (I'm gay). I have no idea what's a "good" time for a heterosexual couple to have penetrative sex, so I'm not going to comment on that and leave my thoughts as they are
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I've always tried to at least make it 20-30minutes, so it's surprising to me that people are having such short sessions. Not that I'm artificially extending it just for the sake of length, but it's too fun to end so quickly. Are you guys just doing one position?
    20-30 minutes of actual sex? Or including foreplay? If it's the former... I'm not sure whether to be jealous or feel sorry for you to be honest XD
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Best sex is any sex

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    For men, or for women, too?

Jesus, 13 minutes, I don't think I'll ever be able to finish in 13 minutes.
    Seems like much longer than that and you're gonna be going "christ, I'm ready to go to do something else." Even only fifteen minutes for the pre-game show and another fifteen for the game itself, that's half an hour. Dunno about you but I'd be getting bored nine times out of ten, wouldn't be surprised if she was too.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

personally i don't care too much about foreplay or long cuddle sessions afterwards. I used to believe i would like it more, but turns out i'm kind of a stereotypical "wham bam thank you mam" kinda guy For some reason in don't even feel much like sex at all last 2 years or so, just now and then (read, once a month or so...) is fine by me... perhaps i should have my hormone lvls checked, i'm only 33y old, so prolly a bit 'weird' that i'm not that interested in sex lately? Dunno... i just find it overrrated and it seems the fantasy is always better than reality (in b4: "Then you must be doin it wrong!" :roll

10+ Year Old Account
    From my experiences, the bulk of the time is just the foreplay like most people have said, about 10-15 minutes of the sex, and then anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 hours of time with the person afterward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

To guys saying that they would be unable to finis within 13, you are doing something wrong.
    To everyone who times their sex-sessions, stop doing that and focus on the plessure. Sex is not about prestige but rather an act of love or a way to be plessured. If both partners feel saticfied after the actual act it was long enough, may it be 3 minutes or 20, if someone feels that they didn't realy achive what they could have, then it was to short.
    Puttng a timelmit on sex is like saying "a steak tastes the best if devoured in 2 minutes and 26 secconds", it just depends to much on the situation.

15+ Year Old Account
    foreplay can vary in length, but i'd tend to agree with the length of the actual sex, i used to think the longer the better, and i've been known to go for over an hour, but i was young and didn't really know what i was doing . . .

with my gf we know what each other likes, so we can do that, until we're both satisfied, sometimes it will be longer and slower, sometimes faster, there are many variables, but i'd tend to agree with 7-13 mins roughly =)

I like sex that lasts a bit longer, I usually don't really feel satisfied until 15 minutes minimum, anything between 15 and 20 is amazing for me. 7 minutes is ridiculously short and people should really try and experiment with new things.
    Last edited by Ikarus; 2012-11-12 at 11:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flavie View Post
    personally i don't care too much about foreplay or long cuddle sessions afterwards. I used to believe i would like it more, but turns out i'm kind of a stereotypical "wham bam thank you mam" kinda guy For some reason in don't even feel much like sex at all last 2 years or so, just now and then (read, once a month or so...) is fine by me... perhaps i should have my hormone lvls checked, i'm only 33y old, so prolly a bit 'weird' that i'm not that interested in sex lately? Dunno... i just find it overrrated and it seems the fantasy is always better than reality (in b4: "Then you must be doin it wrong!" :roll
    Supposed to be a sign of low testosterone. Whether that's an actual problem or not... hell if I know. I'm about the same way. To paraphrase Louis C.K., if I pussy runs into me I'll fuck it, but otherwise... meh, whatever.

It results in a very stress-free and simple life. If someone's gonna tell me that it's due to low testosterone and that that's a bad thing... man, having a low-stress life is pretty awesome.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the length and am actually quite relieved to hear that it is actually the norm, as my -erm- "Games of Checkers" with my wife last about that long. Foreplay varies, sometimes they are short, sometimes they are longer, after all, we are married for almost 12 years now and this means we kinda know what to do where for maximum effect, though that also varies.
    But no matter how long, I think as long as both are satisfied with it, it's fine. Even if its a "Quick, kids are having their bath!" kind of thing.
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

Deleted
    so now the experts tell ous how long we should have sex LOL

This article seems a bit vague.

Are we talking only penetration time and is it in one go, in multiple goes ? If multiple goes, are the pauses counted out, how are position switches counted ?

30 minutes in one go seems rather unreasonable to me, maybe if she is not very tight (sorry, not trying to go for cheap shots here) or the guy isn't really into it.

I know someone will jump at me with their "I do it 70 times a week, 50 minutes each time" boasting, but as someone already pointed out: I think foreplay and mutual pleasure are much more important than an artificial time limit, maybe that should be included in the poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post

Are we talking only penetration time and is it in one go, in multiple goes ? If multiple goes, are the pauses counted out, how are position switches counted ?

30 minutes in one go seems rather unreasonable to me, maybe if she is not very tight (sorry, not trying to go for cheap shots here) or the guy isn't really into it.

I know someone will jump at me with their "I do it 70 times a week, 50 minutes each time" boasting, but as someone already pointed out: I think foreplay and mutual pleasure are much more important than an artificial time limit, maybe that should be included in the poll.
    I'm reasonably sure the article is referring to one act of penetrative sex, and not including foreplay (at least, that's how I'm interpreting it).
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Sooner she comes, sooner I can get back to farming legendaries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post

Are we talking only penetration time and is it in one go, in multiple goes ?
    I too missed that in my first read.
    A major survey by Canadian and American sex therapists has concluded that the ideal length of time to have penetrative sex is under fifteen minutes.
    It does refer to just the penetrative act.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

13 minutes of pumping is great sex i dont buy that for a second unless that counts different positions

im betting most people would be glad of 10 pumps before they blow there load like any normal guy anyone who can grind for 13 minutes is obviously on some kind of pills

or is taking it very very slow!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds about right. Don't wanna get banned, but im a complete noob and can't satisfy my new GF. Makes me sad, I try so hard

From the moment you go “IN” that sounds about right, constant slamming for 20+ minutes will definitely give you friction burns haha

When me and my misses where in our honeymoon period we managed to (do it and finish) 17 times in one 24 hour period was crazy, these days though (5 years in) about once a week :P

I am a virgin, QQ!