Thread: Alter Time

Alter Time

I just don't understand how to effectively use this CD. Any tips/advise?

As which spec, and for what cause (pve/pvp)?

Deleted
    Use it with BL and other cds for a 6 seconds longer duration. Dunno what spec you are or what you do so there really not more i can say : /

Deleted
    I'm having the same problem here, and I'm frost specced

You would want to wait at least when you have BL and as much procs up as possible (trinket, enchant, for frost fingers of frost/brain freeze, for fire pyro!). When this occurs, pop alter time, unleah all procs you have like FoF, BF, Pyro!... (also if you use presence of mind, activate that right before you alter time, but dont use it until you activated AT).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    I'm having the same problem here, and I'm frost specced
    If you do pve you should pop it when you have your cds up and 2x fingers of frost aswell as brain freeze. Then you will get 4 ice lance and 2 brain freezes

Generally the spell save the current settings of all your Buffs, your HP and your Mana. After 6 seconds or when you activate the spell a second time you return to the saved state. I tend to use it before every other combustion to get as many instant pyros as possible (wait till you have Hot Streak and Heating up proc and then alter time - first instant pyro and with luck a second one -> alter time and do the same again). This will hopefully give you a big ignite

For PvE I use it to jump down the hole at Elegon and lmao as people run to the edge and say "I swear I saw someone jump down there."
    I know that isn't very helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrate View Post
    For PvE I use it to jump down the hole at Elegon and lmao as people run to the edge and say "I swear I saw someone jump down there."
    I know that isn't very helpful.
    Probably not as helpful, but f*cking hilarious. What others have said, using it when CD's are up.

in pvp i use it before i use my first ice block so afterwards i don't get hypothermia if i need to use it again right away with cold snap

Quote Originally Posted by Katelina View Post
    As which spec, and for what cause (pve/pvp)?
    Ohh sorry. Atm I am only doing PvE, and I am used to playing fire, but I have frost 2nd spec I am toying with a bit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Generally the spell save the current settings of all your Buffs, your HP and your Mana. After 6 seconds or when you activate the spell a second time you return to the saved state. I tend to use it before every other combustion to get as many instant pyros as possible (wait till you have Hot Streak and Heating up proc and then alter time - first instant pyro and with luck a second one -> alter time and do the same again). This will hopefully give you a big ignite
    Adding on to this, when you have HS and HU activate PoM and THEN cast AT. Once you cast 2-3 instant Pyros, hit AT again and then cast 2-3 more. After that hit Combustion and squeal with delight.

With Fire, using it during BL and tacking on a couple extra Pyros before your combustion is an amazing combo...

10+ Year Old Account
    As there have been a few semi vague responses I would like to go into a little more detail how to maximize this CD as well. This will be primarily for fire since people above have stated for frost pve (2x FoF 1 BF).

As fire one thing I've notice people not taking advantage of that can be a definite boon to your dps as it gives you more Pyro! procs is this:

When you have Pyro! you don't use it immediately, keep casting your FB (Or FFB glyphed) until you have both Heating Up! and Pyro! ready. (And bloodlust, procs etc.) Alter Time, then you HARD CAST your fireball and shoot off your pyro! immediately behind it. Due to the .5 second (.75 now?) delay they are giving for crits on Heating Up! to turn into Pyro! if EITHER of your fireball or Pyro! crit (they will be hitting the boss at almost the same time) then you will get another Pyro! proc. Thus giving you 2 pyros before your Alter time brings you back to your previous HU+Pyro! state. Followed by another instant pyro. More often than not this gives me 3 pyro's in a very short window followed by a great combust.

Just something to think about, delay your Pyro! for a following HU proc and you will reap some great rewards

Happy Hunting!

Also, if your Fire and you skilled your Presence of Mind, you can get 4 Fireballs in a row by simply doing that :

Wait till you get Pyroblast!
    Pop PoM + Alter Time (<--- You can cast both spells in one gcd, so you can use a macro!)
    2x Pyroblast
    Alter Time
    2x Pyroblast