Thread: Trinket Help

Trinket Help

Hi,

I'd like to know at what mana %, more or less, u guys usually use +spirit trinkets like the VP's one. I'm using it at 220k mana and would like to get some ideas if there's a "correct" timing to use those.

Tks

There is no reason not to use trinkets like that on CD

Deleted
    Got the trinket from MV trash - macroed it with my holy shock and use it on cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikli View Post
    Got the trinket from MV trash - macroed it with my holy shock and use it on cd.
    Ain't that gonna make the 1st usage useless? Because if u use HS 10sec after the fight beggings u'll get 1min cd for nothing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by froxyyer View Post
    Ain't that gonna make the 1st usage useless? Because if u use HS 10sec after the fight beggings u'll get 1min cd for nothing
    yes, the first use will mostly be useless, but i've found that after that wasted one you'll always use it on CD regardless, which is better than forgetting to use it all together - which is why i try to use proc trinkets whenever possible

I used to start it at about 220k mana and then usually on CD from there

I don't know what Paladin healing rotation is like but when I resto I usually (for most fights) just macro it into something like regrowth which is my big mana spender spell because more often than not I don't use that spell until later on in a fight when my mana is lower and not near 100% but I also have it on my bars to press when I hit about 250k mana if it hasn't procced already just because the earlier you proc it the more mana you'll have through out the fight the better, and I find at 250k in most fights it won't push me back to 100%
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Deleted
    If I ever get one, I'll be macroing it on my healing surge on my shaman. Not sure what is the paladin equivalent, flash of light?

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    If I ever get one, I'll be macroing it on my healing surge on my shaman. Not sure what is the paladin equivalent, flash of light?
    Yap, that's right. The only problem that I see with macroing with spells is that, if u ever need to cast one at the very begging for some reason (example: purple stuff on the ground doesn't give buffs, fire neither) u'll waste 1 cd

Quote Originally Posted by froxyyer View Post
    as long as you arent at 100% mana, no spirit proc is wasted.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    as long as you arent at 100% mana, no spirit proc is wasted.
    This is correct, sort of. Using it on a cheap spell that should be one of your first ones cast (also, you should be casting HS before the pull to build up HoPo and still start with full mana) is not a great idea. Macroing it to Divine Light or even Holy Light is a much better idea. Best of all is remembering to cast it on CD after using a few spells.

Edit: clarity