Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    You can talk to him about it if you want, but if that doesn't work, I'd recommend minding your own business. In the end, it's only a game and it's not really that big of a deal, and it would be really unfortunate if you created some sort of animosity between you two over a video game.

  2. #22
    At least at Texas A&M if you get caught cheating, bam, you're gone, and if you work at any major company that isn't a bunch of idiots cheating or lying about results will get you fired, especially as an accountant or god forbid a scientist.

    I wouldn't go past talking to him personally, since he is your brother and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    “When people talk about the good old days, I say to people, 'It's not the days that are old, it's you that's old.' I hate the good old days. What is important is that today is good.”
    ― Karl Lagerfeld
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Becareful about reporting him. If you're both playing at the same house they might ban both his account and yours.

    Actually, tell him to stop anyways. Even you don't report it and Blizzard does detect the botting, you'll risk having your account investigated as well.
    I don't bot, nor do I buy gold. I really doubt they'd do a chain-ban like that, as it directly affects their income.

    Quote Originally Posted by Obamatheone View Post
    Is he your older brother or younger brother?
    I can't see why this matters. For the sake of keeping that bit of anonymity, I won't say unless you give me a reason. :P
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  4. #24
    Cuz if he is your older brother he might beat the shit out of you for fucking up his botting and getting him banned.

  5. #25
    Talk to him and tell him to stop.

    If he is botting and uses the same connection as you to connect with WoW your account could also be banned when he gets uncovered.

    I'd tell him straight up that I wouldn't be getting banned for him and will report him on my own account if he doesn't stop.

  6. #26
    Holy crap just let him be. If he gets banned someday he'll learn from it. If you sell him out and report him you're a cheap scumbag.

    I used to bot and hack a lot in wow myself, who gives a damn about it.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    I don't bot, nor do I buy gold. I really doubt they'd do a chain-ban like that, as it directly affects their income.



    I can't see why this matters. For the sake of keeping that bit of anonymity, I won't say unless you give me a reason. :P
    I'd assume it's because if he's younger then he might not realize what he is doing (although in my mind tthis wouldn't be an excuse anyway).

    And if he's older then he might want you to simply report him since he knows damm well what he's doing is wrong.

    UNLESS 'Obamatheone' is your botting brother who is trying to see if his brother is trying to get him banned lol :P

  8. #28
    Brewmaster Banzhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    The problem with reporting is that it'll (if anything) result in a ban. I don't know if he's been temp-banned before (he hasn't told me at least), so I don't know whether or not it'll be permanent.
    Also, my parents wouldn't really care, nor would he heed their suggestions regarding botting any more than mine (which is not really much at all).

    To be honest, I'm not sure I know what I was hoping for with this thread. Maybe I wanted to know what people'd do in my situation.
    Learn how to stay under the radar and get one myself..

    On a serious note, with the lack of a time-shot report button, I'm betting most players don't even care for reporting a player they suspect of botting.., I've tried several times reporting a players posting 2-300 stacks of 3-4 types of raw mats (along with the 50-100 of other "rare" mats), on a 2-3 day schedule while attempting to sell even more through the trade channel.., and I seriously doubt anyone pays to farm 24/7, nothing have ever come of this as these players are still around doing they're business.

    Also, with the lack of communication from blizzards end (Always, we take this very srsly dudes, TRUST US LOL) I would rather see more bots so materials become as cheap as possible, because if nothing is being done that we are able to see on our end, I might as well get the most out of it in the form of cheaper goods.

  9. #29
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Red Buff
    Posts
    2,015
    Let him do what he wants, it's none of your buissness whatsoever. Does it affect you in the slightest? Ask him to stop if you're in the same BG, if not, then leave him alone on the matter. If it affects you in-game, by all means, report him.

  10. #30
    I don't know what you hoped to achieve either.

    The actions are obvious, as i said from the very begining.

    Either you: 1) Ignore the issue. or you 2) Bring it up and discuss it thoroughly.

    Try to make him understand your situation and tell him why you want him to stop risking his account by botting.

    Good luck with this, mate, but talking about it on the forums will only bring either one of these two conclusions, since you don't want him banned.
    The biggest mistake one can make, is not admitting when you're wrong.

    Grimshac - Neptulon, 4th best guild on Alliance side, Resto Shaman !

  11. #31
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Red Buff
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    While I know this is just a game, I'd talk to him about cheating and tell him, while it may not matter much in a video game, that kind of shit will not fly in college or any honest workplace. Maybe if you can convince him cheating IRL is bad you can slowly convince him cheating in WoW is not worth the risk and not totally moral either. Especially if he is botting BGs- that's screwing with other people's gaming directly, wheres a bot farming herbs may make miners and herbalists mad but you aren't wholesale making someone's gearing/progression route awful to do.
    Botting does not equal cheating. He doesn't gain an advantage over anyone.

  12. #32
    The best solution is probably breaking his fingers. Just a couple though.
    Just calm down.
    My Stream - My Youtube Channel

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Obamatheone View Post
    Cuz if he is your older brother he might beat the shit out of you for fucking up his botting and getting him banned.
    I'm 20 years old, he's 22. We're not kids anymore, so no.
    Also, I've stated quite a few times I DON'T want him banned. Some people seem to have issues understanding that. :|

    Lastly, I don't really try to get any valuable information from this thread anymore, it's just fun to see what people have to say about it.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  14. #34
    Dreadlord shimargh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    somewhere near here and there
    Posts
    864
    report him, asking for a temporary ban, say you know him and you know he uses bots, try blizzard giving him a temp-ban for teaching a lesson, maybe some blue would do the favor just for shit an gigles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    FFVII is the NIRVANA of the RPGs, i mean the band of course. WAAAAY TOO OVERRATED. waay too.

  15. #35
    mind your own business

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    If he is botting and uses the same connection as you to connect with WoW your account could also be banned when he gets uncovered.
    Nope, only if they would use the same computer, then maybe.. but still probably not, think net cafes.

    @ OP
    Botting isnt something that you easily stop doing, once you are used to play the games without the grind, you wont go back easily.
    Once you have botted your bags full of ores for example, can you think yourself farming manually ever after that?
    Depending how recklessly your brother is botting, he might be fine, but I doubt you only would like him to stop because of risk of ban, must be annoying to farm something yourself when your brother just uses a bot for it.

    i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz | R9 280X | Samsung Evo 250GB

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Obviously I want him to stop, as I don't want him to get banned.

    Anyone with any idea as to what I do?
    Seeing as you want him to stop for the wrong reason, I suggest you do nothing. If you want him to stop because it's morally wrong, you could have a discussion about morals with him, although I doubt it will help. Some people just don't have morals.
    Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, he will just knock over the pieces, take a shit on the board and strut around like he won the whole damn thing.

  18. #38
    The Patient Lamoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston, ma
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    If all you want is for him not to get banned then don't do anything as nothing of a ban nature will happen to him. These bot ban waves people talk about are just urban legends. If you feel what he's doing is morally wrong and you'd like to see him change his ways then stage an intervention at your local church.

    That's false. I don't know if they still do them, but ban waves were huge in vanilla and BC

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Some people just don't have morals.
    We are talking about a video game here, lol.

    i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz | R9 280X | Samsung Evo 250GB

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgsnstuff View Post
    We are talking about a video game here, lol.
    I'll quote this as a response to people talking about morals. I know it sucks ass to do BGs with a lot of bots, but it's hardly the same as stealing candy from kids.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •