Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Blizzard has a no tolerance policy on bots. It will be a perma-ban.
    It won't be a ban at all because what they say and what they do is not the same thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Your reasons are self evident in every post you make. You are self centered and are looking out for your own interests and hiding behind your "concern" for your brother, deal with it and the consequences of being that way.

If you cared and had any conviction, the answer has been provided to you, since you don't you continue to post.
    I stated it early in the thread; him being an arenapartner/guild tank were examples. It's not actually true. The only concern is his account and protecting him.
    Another thing I stated early was that I no longer saught answers through this thread, but rather that I'm interested how others would act in my position. But you probably know that, since you talk about every post I make?

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    I stated it early in the thread; him being an arenapartner/guild tank were examples. It's not actually true. The only concern is his account and protecting him.
    Another thing I stated early was that I no longer saught answers through this thread, but rather that I'm interested how others would act in my position. But you probably know that, since you talk about every post I make?

The most you can do is ask him to stop or report him. Anything else is an invasion of his privacy and you have no right.

Don't touch his PC or uninstall his bots, its his choice and he can suffer the consequences.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Who gives a shit, it's just a game.

Diablo is dying and regular battle grounds are for casuals/people farming for arena/rated bgs.
    Nothing wrong here.

Report him and hope eh does get banned brother or not cheaters should be beat with a bat and banned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    The most you can do is ask him to stop or report him. Anything else is an invasion of his privacy and you have no right.

Don't touch his PC or uninstall his bots, its his choice and he can suffer the consequences.
    Never even considered any of the sort. I just created the thread looking for tips on how to make him stop.

if your brother doesn't understand that he can get banned for botting no matter how many times you tell him with proof than hes an idiot and there's really no hope for him. He will get banned soon and that's probably the only way he will stop botting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reporting isn't something I intend to do, as I don't want him banned. I want him to stop botting, solely for the purpose of not losing my arenapartner/guildtank (recruits are shy). Also, he's been working on the account for 7 years, I imagine he'd be a little upset if he gets banned - problem is that he doesn't really understand that he can and probably will get banned. So in a way, I see it as my responsibility.
    The next patch he will learn the hard way. To pay for 7 years worth of an account to lose to something like botting isn't worth it. If it was my bro i would break the botting program.

The next wave of bot bans HAS to be coming next patch. 85-89 bgs are just turning into a joke there are that many botters.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Why would he be banned? Just keep your mouth shut and no one will find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    The next patch he will learn the hard way [...] The next wave of bot bans HAS to be coming next patch.

One of the funniest posts of the day, didn't know people still believed in ban waves.
    Last edited by mmoc9a374e54bb; 2012-11-12 at 08:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    Why would he be banned? Just keep your mouth shut and no one will find out.

One of the funniest posts of the day, didn't know people still believed in ban waves.
    Sigh, yet again another clueless person on mmo champ. I am not even going to bother to explain the way they ban bots.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell him that if he gets banned from botting its his problem, As Blizzard always does silent bans and people never know when they happen cause people always just make another account & give blizzard more money and they keep getting banned.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were trying to dissuade my brother from botting then I would log on his account and move stuff about, or do stuff that generally makes him paranoid that he has a keylogger through the bot on his PC. He might just decide to quit while he's ahead.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Just let him be, if he get banned (wich is unlikely, at least on WoW) too bad for him, he might learn a life lesson.

Know plenty of people that learned it the harsh way when they banned the archeology botters in Cata.

Beat him up until he agrees to share the gains

profit

10+ Year Old Account
    Never even considered any of the sort. I just created the thread looking for tips on how to make him stop.
    There are no tips, you can explain how you feel and how you think it affects the people he plays with and hope for the best.

That's all you can do if reporting him isn't an option.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Sigh, yet again another clueless person on mmo champ. I am not even going to bother to explain the way they ban bots.
    Ban waves are a myth, unless you're using a shit bot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Don't do anything I don't know if you noticed this or not but Blizzard is getting ready to come down on botters with the wrath of the gods over all the bad pr from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    Don't do anything I don't know if you noticed this or not but Blizzard is getting ready to come down on botters with the wrath of the gods over all the bad pr from it.
    Whatever keeps you warm at night. LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Whatever keeps you warm at night. LOL
    Do you not realize blizzard has put multiple people in prison for literally costing them pennys on the dollar? and you think they aren't going to completely fuck these botters?

Deleted
    People have already told you multiple times to talk to him. Why don't you just do that? I don't know what kind of a relationship you have with him is, but just say 'Stop fucking botting' if you care about it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    Do you not realize blizzard has put multiple people in prison for literally costing them pennys on the dollar? and you think they aren't going to completely fuck these botters?
    Would love some links showing blizzard putting people into prison over a video game