Deleted

Classic "fix my dps thread"

Hey guys,

I did my first guild raid in MoP last night, I think my damage was ok, but not good enough, bare in mind it was my first time doing nearly all of the bosses. But was hoping maybe some of you WoL wizards could pick up on some stuff and give me some tips/advice.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...yze/dd/source/ - logs (6/6 MSV norm, blade lord in HoF)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...roshi/advanced - armory

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm jealous of your amazing amount of haste. I'm running with 4.5k vs your 6.7k, but I do have the trinket that gives me 3.5k haste every minute.

I'm not finding much. Disease uptime is 86 & 77% respectively, which is understandable on bosses with movement or downtime (like spirit realm). Your PoF usage looks fine for each fight. I couldn't see a time you might have missed it. You've got OB over FS, nice work there.

Are you popping potions? Did you use AoTD on the 3rd 2nd phase of Elegon (it says it appears you did on the kill but I can't be sure when you used it).

Deleted
    Thanks for the feedback! Yeah I'm using pots, pre potting and when my second Pillar/raise dead CDs align usually (or during BL if it's not used on pull). For Elegon I used army for the last phase after reading it in a post on here somewhere, although my dps didn't soar as high as I expected. The things I know I need to improve are my KM proc usage (thinking about it more rather than using OB if possible and FS if not) and I need to start to implement plague leech into my single target play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroshi View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! Yeah I'm using pots, pre potting and when my second Pillar/raise dead CDs align usually (or during BL if it's not used on pull). For Elegon I used army for the last phase after reading it in a post on here somewhere, although my dps didn't soar as high as I expected. The things I know I need to improve are my KM proc usage (thinking about it more rather than using OB if possible and FS if not) and I need to start to implement plague leech into my single target play.
    Get a swing timer. I use WeakAuras and just made a swing timer aura, it makes a huuuuuge difference. Makes it much easier to line up KMs with obliterates in 2h.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    Get a swing timer. I use WeakAuras and just made a swing timer aura, it makes a huuuuuge difference. Makes it much easier to line up KMs with obliterates in 2h.
    How so? By like, not hitting ob or FS if you see your auto attack is about o land and waiting to check for km or not?
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    How so? By like, not hitting ob or FS if you see your auto attack is about o land and waiting to check for km or not?
    I just use it if I'm at the point in my rotation where I'm FS spamming, if I see that my next swing is coming up (in about 1 sec) and OB will be available after that swing, I stop spamming FS. That's stopped me from accidentally wasting a KM on FS a lot (that I've noticed). Dossou also posted on EJ

" I monitor my swing timer when I have a KM proc stored but no runes to Obliterate. If OB will be available before my next swing, I save the KM for OB. If not, I use Frost Strike."

but I don't know if that is a dps increase or not. I didn't really bother looking into it too much more after that though since I started playing DW.

Edit: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t131138-...tactics_2hand/
    That's the thread I'm referring to. There's a discussion about what Dossou mentioned if you're interested.

Hmm I see. I probably won't set one up as I prefer DW and unholy but then again I'm also considering going from Orc back to BE so apparently squeezing every single damage point out possible isn't priority to me :P
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    but I don't know if that is a dps increase or not. I didn't really bother looking into it too much more after that though since I started playing DW.
    It's a dps increase or at least it's not a dps loss if you consider that maybe your next swing would proc another KM (happens not so rarely to me to have 2 consecutives KM).

Another thing to consider is that WA swing timer doesn't track the real moment when a swing lands but the moment when the pg start to swing so you need to wait more than 1 second to see a KM proc even if the timer already reached 0.

Back on topic, you really need to do better on Xi brothers :P Beside this you are doing good in any fight