Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    All blizzard has to do it take 1 single unused concept, and turn it into a whole expansion.

- What lay beyond the dark portal
    - Arthas and the scourge
    - Deathwing
    - Pandaren

They can take anything and throw in endless content to work with it.

Azshara:
    - Naga/murloc races
    - New water puking class
    - undersea area where we can live and breath with some happy fish men
    - lots of old night elf resources we can pilfer

Argus:
    - A neutral half demon race that joins with the horde/alliance later
    - Argus and all the lands as it become corrupted by the legion
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    I don't even know why Blizzard made so much new lore in form of Pandaria instead of focusing on existing lore. There were three big storylines in wow yet and we only finished one of it:
    -Scourge (Naxxramas in Classic, Hyjal in TBC, pretty much whole of Northrend in Wotlk)... we finished this storyline by killing the Lich King in Wotlk. The scourge might some day be an interesting power again, but atm it's pretty much finished.
    -Burning Legion (Demons in Classic in general, pretty much all instances in TBC)... we are nowhere near to finishing this storyline... we just killed illidan who is indirectly linked to the legion and we pushed back a weakened version of kil'jaeden. The Legion itself is still at full power, we just hindered them from conquering our world. We still haven't even seen Sargeras yet.
    -Old Gods (AQ in Classic, MC/BWL to some extent, Ulduar, most of cataclysm)... we killed Cthun and Yogg'saron, but N'zoth is still around and maybe there are 1-2 more Old Gods we don't know about yet.

I really hope that the Sha are somehow linked to the Old Gods and we can finish this storyline.
    stories are more interesting if you don't just kill one bad guy and move on to another, dragon ball style.
    and btw, i doubt that we'll ever face sargeras himself. when the characters will have the power to do that, it would basically mean the end of the warcraft universe, you simply can't develop a story anymore around countless (and nameless) titan-like heroes wandering around.
    the old gods are a galactic-scale foe, even if we defeat every single one on azeroth they still "span the universe, as countless as the stars"

I would love to have a climax expansion where Old Gods rise, burning legion invades, all other remaining baddies invade/rise too, and Azerothians are given a task to contact the Creators, the titans, and ask them for help. That would involve us going to some titan host planet as a 25/40 raid, going through lots of titan guards and stuff. We finally reach the Pantheon and we have to fight its members to show we are worth being saved.

The encounter would be: The titans choose 1 of them to fight the players, the pick would be random and would be different every time ( like some Mists bosses have 2-3 different sets of abilities which they pick from between separate runs ). The chosen titan would wipe out the entire raid when he reaches 50-80% hp ( similiar to LK), but without killing the players, just stunning them. Then he would ask us, why are we going so far knowing that we cannot win

"In order to prove ourselves worthy of being saved!"

Deleted
    Imo last expansion will be a massive morally ambiguous three way war between the Titans, Burning Legion and Old Gods. You'll be able to choose your side with a major mindf*ck ending.

Deleted
    An expansion fully themed elemental planes sounds good. BUT don't make Firelands all RED, Air lands all WHITE, etc... My eyes!
    Then maybe the Shaman class can gets some love.

Azjol nerub mixed with some scourge lore (Bolvar? since he's all on fire, maybe he can purge /faceroll down there) and some demons here and there would be good too.

I still want a water-themed expansion. Underwater dungeons and zones, underwater-themed minigames (Blitzball but better?), ship battles, buried treasure hunting, pirate attacks, etc etc etc.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizzard would be successful if they did an expansion completely on brand new lore. New location, new races in the new place, a new baddie etc.

I think it's about time we venture off world again. I would love another expansion about the Burning Legion, nothing like a true endgame boss and fate of Azeroth. No Deathwing doesn't count... he was cheesy as hell.

Deleted
    I wanna see Argus.

I was always curious about what happened to the remaining orcs that Ner'zhul took through the portal before he was snatched away by Kil'jaeden and turned into the Lich King? Just imagining what must've happened when they finally arrived at their destination, now leaderless. What if they ended up in some harsh land and managed to carve a niche for themselves and survive. Becoming a hardy, gruff band of orcs, perhaps changing physically in ways due to their new home? Now, imagine if this old school, brutal, rugged group of orcs were to find a way back to Azeroth? That would be fun, to face one of the last vestiges of the 'Old Horde' that conquered another planet and now wants to conquer Azeroth!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillix View Post
    I was always curious about what happened to the remaining orcs that Ner'zhul took through the portal before he was snatched away by Kil'jaeden and turned into the Lich King? Just imagining what must've happened when they finally arrived at their destination, now leaderless. What if they ended up in some harsh land and managed to carve a niche for themselves and survive. Becoming a hardy, gruff band of orcs, perhaps changing physically in ways due to their new home? Now, imagine if this old school, brutal, rugged group of orcs were to find a way back to Azeroth? That would be fun, to face one of the last vestiges of the 'Old Horde' that conquered another planet and now wants to conquer Azeroth!
    Probably they were utterly annihilated by Kil'jaeden, I don't think he had much use of some orcs.

They are so insanely stupid with killing all the most interesting characters. Arthas - dead, Illidan - dead, Kael'Thas - dead 2 times and many more. If they only left Arthas alive we would have a whole new lore for years to come, and I don't mean Arthas being Lich King but Arthas being outcast type of character.

The homeworld of the Natherezim could provide a wealth of new stuff, for what little we know of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    They are so insanely stupid with killing all the most interesting characters. Arthas - dead, Illidan - dead, Kael'Thas - dead 2 times and many more. If they only left Arthas alive we would have a whole new lore for years to come, and I don't mean Arthas being Lich King but Arthas being outcast type of character.
    Illidan is half-demon, so they have an easy time taking him back (demons don't die, they go back to the Twisting Nether)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll take this a step further. Without new lore ala pandaria, and without reviving dead threats (nerubians), here is the last expansions.

Azshara, Legion.

The dream was finished in the novel Stormrage.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 03:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The homeworld of the Natherezim could provide a wealth of new stuff, for what little we know of it.
    Unfortunately that would require 99% New lore. Which is not allowed in this thread.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Right now I have a feeling that the Sha are indeed connected to the old gods in some way. All of the bug races have worshipped them in some form or another before the titans came along to wipe them out. The Klaxxi tell you about the old god they worshipped being split into pieces, so the potential for the Sha, or all of the old gods we've fought so far being those pieces is fairly high imo. We still have a few more patches to work through in MoP to find out where they're going with the Sha.

As for what's left for future expansions, just about what was said in the OP. The burning legion is ever marching, Sargeras still out there twirling his evil mustache. Based on what you see so far from the legendary questline in MoP, I have a feeling they're just about on our doorstep.

Even though we've been learning more about the titans in each expansion, they're still out there somewhere, unless I missed something. Not necessarily out there as bad guys, but the only major titans we've seen were the ones in Ulduar, and unless i'm mistaken, that wasn't all of them.

Argus is always a potential stepping stone towards taking out the Burning Legion, I'm sure the Draenei would appreciate having their world back. Or just about any of the homeworlds of the other enslaved races of the Legion.

My current understanding of the Emerald Dream is that it's been dealt with (in a book of course), the problems that were facing it were pushed back into a crack or something, and Malfurion sealed it off to deal with later.

We've still got a troll problem, though I think we'll be dealing with that issue in MoP.

We've still got the naga problem to deal with too. We were supposed to deal with them in Cata, but that got scrapped for one reason or another. Would be nice if we went back and finially rid ourselves of them.
    Lurker extraordinaire

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazeeth View Post
    Right now I have a feeling that the Sha are indeed connected to the old gods in some way. All of the bug races have worshipped them in some form or another before the titans came along to wipe them out. The Klaxxi tell you about the old god they worshipped being split into pieces, so the potential for the Sha, or all of the old gods we've fought so far being those pieces is fairly high imo. We still have a few more patches to work through in MoP to find out where they're going with the Sha.

As for what's left for future expansions, just about what was said in the OP. The burning legion is ever marching, Sargeras still out there twirling his evil mustache. Based on what you see so far from the legendary questline in MoP, I have a feeling they're just about on our doorstep.

Even though we've been learning more about the titans in each expansion, they're still out there somewhere, unless I missed something. Not necessarily out there as bad guys, but the only major titans we've seen were the ones in Ulduar, and unless i'm mistaken, that wasn't all of them.

Argus is always a potential stepping stone towards taking out the Burning Legion, I'm sure the Draenei would appreciate having their world back. Or just about any of the homeworlds of the other enslaved races of the Legion.

My current understanding of the Emerald Dream is that it's been dealt with (in a book of course), the problems that were facing it were pushed back into a crack or something, and Malfurion sealed it off to deal with later.

We've still got a troll problem, though I think we'll be dealing with that issue in MoP.

We've still got the naga problem to deal with too. We were supposed to deal with them in Cata, but that got scrapped for one reason or another. Would be nice if we went back and finially rid ourselves of them.
    You're late. Blizz already confirmed the Sha are old gods. Well their corpses, anyway.

Y'Shaarj had 7 heads. When he was killed by the Titans, the heads became the Sha.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    You're late. Blizz already confirmed the Sha are old gods. Well their corpses, anyway.

Y'Shaarj had 7 heads. When he was killed by the Titans, the heads became the Sha.
    Provide me with a source please. I don't keep up to date on every little thing that blizz comfirms/denies.

--edit--
    Looking up the Klaxxi lore again, it's implied that Y'Shaarj is the one that makes up all the sha.
    Last edited by Zazeeth; 2012-11-12 at 09:49 PM.
    Lurker extraordinaire

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazeeth View Post
    Provide me with a source please. I don't keep up to date on every little thing that blizz comfirms/denies.

--edit--
    Looking up the Klaxxi lore again, it's implied that Y'Shaarj is the one that makes up all the sha.
    In-game, in a blue tweet (IIRC), and Metzen point blank at the MoP release.

Deleted
    Without rehashing old content and because I'm a typical Warcraft 3 nut...I wanna know what's in store for the scourge and bolvar, I mean I loved Arthas and Icecrown and IMHO he is the best video game bad guy ever...I was gutted he was killed but in doing so Blizz created another potentially kick as char in 'the jailer of the damned'

This concept totally gets my inner most geek going!!!