Looking to Upgrade my Phone. Suggestions?

Hey everyone!

I'm in the market for a new phone. I'm upgrading from an Iphone 3gs, and I'm hoping to expand outward from the whole Apple scene. The Window's phones that are coming out seem really neat, but there are just so many options >.> Does anyone have any feedback about them they'd care to share? It's all appreciated

Nokia Lumia 920. It is clearly the best phone in the market now.

I am owner of Lumia 900 and I have pre-order for Lumia 920, tested in the showroom for 2 hours. It is amazing.

Deleted
    If you're specifically wanting a windows phone, I'd recommend getting the Lumia 920.
    Otherwise the new Samsung Galaxy series is a good choice as well.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Samsung galaxy S3

Both phones look pretty amazing to be honest xD Is there anywhere I can look for an in-depth comparison between the two?

Quote Originally Posted by Aratreis View Post
    Both phones look pretty amazing to be honest xD Is there anywhere I can look for an in-depth comparison between the two?
    http://www.knowyourmobile.com/compar...galaxy_s3.html

But there is more on Lumia 920 than just numbers on a page, you have to hold one in your hand and you will understand

Isn't the Nokia Lumia 920 way cheaper?

As someone who sells phones and has seen the progression and evolution of what is the Galaxy S 3. I would recommend it hands down over any others. I do not have one negative thing to say about it. My only knock against the Lumia's is that if you do not properly know how to take care of a non-iphone smartphone (app management, memory, clear cache, etc.) then you will probably encounter issues with speed and performance around the 5-7 month mark. Happens all the time. I recommend the GS3.

Quote Originally Posted by docwyrick View Post
    As someone who sells phones and has seen the progression and evolution of what is the Galaxy S 3. I would recommend it hands down over any others. I do not have one negative thing to say about it. My only knock against the Lumia's is that if you do not properly know how to take care of a non-iphone smartphone (app management, memory, clear cache, etc.) then you will probably encounter issues with speed and performance around the 5-7 month mark. Happens all the time. I recommend the GS3.
    How do you know what will happen in 5-7 months with a phone with an OS that is only 1 month old? None in this world has a 5-7 months old Lumia 920 with WP8, but still, you know how they act after that period of time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obamatheone View Post
    Isn't the Nokia Lumia 920 way cheaper?
    920 is about $100 in the US with contract. You can get the S3 for about the same. The other great phone option would be the Nexus 4 which is brought strait through Google for $300/350 fully unlocked.

Windows phones are still kinda limited with apps but they will come in time. If you wan't access to more apps right away Android is the way to go, I have the S3 and I love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got my Samsung Galaxy SIII last week and I'm absolutely loving it. 4G is amazingly fast and processing speeds are equally incredible.

P.S. Glad to see you want to hop off the iPhenom bandwagon

Quote Originally Posted by kyraka View Post
    Nokia Lumia 920. It is clearly the best phone in the market now.
    It's clearly not the best phone on the market. It laks SOOOO many features and features that present have many flaws.

-No Skype
    -Official wheather tile don't have animation/information (Win8 PC have)
    -No build-in drop down menu with fasr access to Wifi/Bluetooth connections. Why should i use some third software coded by some unknown monkey.
    -Small battery.
    -PDF Reader dont open PDF, Office DO! I've spend 20minutes lukring internet to find that Office opens pdf with installed PDF Reader (No Adobe reader)
    -Back button stupid functionality. Back back back back and guess what? You're in the app u closed 1 hour ago, WTF?
    -Quite speaker. I don't hear my phone in my pents on the street.

I can add to this list whole day long. But, still I like this phone and hope they will fix/add features. But I WON'T recommend this phone to anyone.
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2012-11-12 at 03:25 PM.

Pretty much what others said.

Windows phone, Lumia920
    Adriod phone, S3

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    It's clearly not the best phone on the market. It laks SOOOO many features and features that present have many flaws.
    It's the best windows phone, though.

Deleted
    I'd go for the Nexus 4 as it has great specs and latest android for very little money (compared to other high end smartphones). Is it the best? Nope, but it's quite disturbing you can get it for that price. Though according to The Verge it won't be that popular in the US since it misses quite a critical thing there (something with internet I guess).

If only Google would update their store in Belgium ...

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post

-No Skype
    -Official wheather tile don't have animation/information (Win8 PC have)
    -No build-in drop down menu with fasr access to Wifi/Bluetooth connections. Why should i use some third software coded by some unknown monkey.
    -Small battery.
    -PDF Reader dont open PDF, Office DO! I've spend 20minutes lukring internet to find that Office opens pdf with installed PDF Reader (No Adobe reader)
    -Back button stupid functionality. Back back back back and guess what? You're in the app u closed 1 hour ago, WTF?
    -Quite speaker. I don't hear my phone in my pents on the street.

I can add to this list whole day long. But, still I like this phone and hope they will fix/add features. But I WON'T recommend this phone to anyone.
    There is Skype for wp8 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAEdMI2ZE88 (Skype is a Microsoft app and the client is fully optimized for wp8)
    You have to enable it from options
    Tap on the upper part of the screen
    2000mAH is not small baterry, actually lasts almost twice as long as the GS3 one
    Just click on the pdf and it will be opened. Don't care wich program it opens it as long as I can see it
    This is subjective. It is a back button not a spam button.
    Do you have a Lumia 920 and can't hear when it rings? I doubt that

Deleted
    Wp8 is the best OS imo, not like Android which is sloppy, or just plain ol' grandpa iOS.
    As others have said, the lumia is nice. Personally, I prefer the HTC 8X, as it just... feels nice. I dislike the curves on the Lumia, and pretty much any phone, so I guess that's why I like it.

As everyone's said, either the Lumia 920 or GS3. Everything else is a good bit behind. Play with both and buy the one you like best.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the "my toy is better than your toy" has started...