Thread: Why only 3?

Deleted

Why only 3?

Why are you only able to get 3 elder charms of good fortune a week? No matter how many less charms you have, you can only turn them in for 3 elder charms. I don't think I've ever had more than 3 because I use them every week on bosses that I need loot from, so most of the time I have 0.

Why don't they allow you to spend all of you lesser charms?

My guess? To limit how fast people get gear.

It has to do with the cap of gold coins they want you to have. If there was no cap then a lot of hardcore guilds would simply horde coins and basically get a double chance at loot of every single boss during new content, gearing them up way too quickly.

If you could turn in an infinite amount of lesser coins, than instead of hording cold coins because of the cap (10), people would just be hording the lesser ones and it would essentially come out to the same thing.

Edit: It would also mean that you'd have to do every daily from now to the end of the xpac regardless of whether you are exalted or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    My guess? To limit how fast people get gear.
    This, obviously. They don't want to give you an extra roll on every boss, every week. It's a little extra, not to double your chances.

Deleted
    also, "WTF BLIZZARD I HAVE TO DO EVERY SINGE DAILY EVERY SINGLER DAY OF MY LIFE SO I GET ALL THE EPIXXES ASAP FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU"

honestly, this would just encourage the "forced dailies FFFUUU" haters to, y'know, hate some more

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Elder Charms are a nice bonus but hardly a big game changer.

And as Sahugani points out, if you could get more we'd have even more addicts who cannot limit their gaming.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefrog View Post
    If you could turn in an infinite amount of lesser coins, than instead of hording cold coins because of the cap (10), people would just be hording the lesser ones and it would essentially come out to the same thing.
    Lesser coins are damn near hoarded already, I must have at least 1500+ in my bank.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they want you spending a coin on every boss.
    Putin khuliyo

I don't mind 3 charms a week, but I do think 180 lesser charms a week is a bit much. I already have 4 stacks, and yes, they're going to be a currency, but that won't change anything.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

The main purpose for these charms is to give you a little bonus for important items. Like weapons or that ring that never drops. If you are smart about your coins and use only 1-2 per week you will have 5-6 when you start doing heroic bosses and be able to spend on real upgrades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    The main purpose for these charms is to give you a little bonus for important items. Like weapons or that ring that never drops. If you are smart about your coins and use only 1-2 per week you will have 5-6 when you start doing heroic bosses and be able to spend on real upgrades.
    Yeah it's not necessary to use them on every boss. Plan ahead. Look at the loot table and see if there is anything you could find useful before throwing away a coin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gear gating.
    We call it...
    Greating.

The charms can be spent for a chance at mounts too. I know I'll be spending one on Elegon every single time.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    I don't mind 3 charms a week, but I do think 180 lesser charms a week is a bit much. I already have 4 stacks, and yes, they're going to be a currency, but that won't change anything.
    this is a 100% intended tho. with all reps exalted you can practically chill and do 0 dailies for 2months and still get your weekly charms.

Deleted
    Its good to stock up on considering you get less dailies to do once you hit Exalted, unless you love them so much you'll keep doing them.

I disagree. Them going to currency saves at space for a lot of us who have pretty cramped bags. And it means you can stock up on as many as you like before taking a break from dailies without really damaging your bag space.

Deleted
    They're only intended to be a chance at bonus loot, personally I feel three is more than generous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gotta say...it's a little annoying that they didn't make them stack higher. I do all my dailies each day so having four stacks of 180 taking up space in my bags at the moment isn't fun. I can't wait until they make them go directly into the currency tab. When that happens, I won't really care either way. I understand they only want you to have a few extra chances at loot each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    I use them every week on bosses that I need loot from

There's your problem, you aren't supposed to do that.