Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Guilds still progress when you're away most of the time, it's stupid to try and just get back to the old mmo guild mentality, that's the mold GW2 wasn't supposed to convert into.

"Oh today i have FotM schedule party"
    "Oh today it's raidnight"
    Oh today is... nvm, old system kills mmo's, that's one of the most important reasons traditional mmo's were just derpy for me.
    This is why GW2 has a multi guild system. Also its not about having a schedule its about being a helpful guildie and doing w.e ppl want to run. If someone in the guild is stuck 4 fractals behind everyone else then some guildies should go help a fellow mate out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    This is why GW2 has a multi guild system. Also its not about having a schedule its about being a helpful guildie and doing w.e ppl want to run. If someone in the guild is stuck 4 fractals behind everyone else then some guildies should go help a fellow mate out.
    And to the circular argument of server progression will be higher than you anyways.

I have yet to find a competent guild to run anything anymore.

Nor does doing "guild" runs fix the core issues. It's just a giant fucking bandaid and a lot of people are tired of bandaid fixes.

10+ Year Old Account
    What A-net could do is scale the fractal level up to the highest one a player has in the party, sort of what happens with dungeons and the explorable mode interaction (if only one has done the story mode, everyone can access the explorable), sadly this would discourage players into going with newbies due to agony

15+ Year Old Account
    Frankly put this does not cover people who are too slow for everyone. It's the same argument which people used in WoW where the argument began with people saying their guildies won't run with them and that they have to pug. So people replied with 'Man up and leave your guild and find a better one'. Now that usually went on with 'I tried and I ran out of guilds' to which people replied 'So? Make your own guild or transfer to another realm!' a.s.o. So in the end people faced a situation where they had to transfer indeed if they lacked confidence in their own guildleading abilities or accept pugging.

I'd think in GW2 it's not much different. That multiple guild thing won't save them from being outprogressed if they happen to play with different levels of dedication. Eventually the it becomes increasingly difficult even with friends around to find a group.

Even though I had been lucky so far starting at lvl1 on Saturday and ending up at lvl2 at least yesterday with PuGs I am not giving into delusions that it will ever be easier - with or without guild - due to my playing schedule. They will still exist but people usually feel more hopeless with the auto-anti-spam system in place to keep asking for ages on chat.

The only change I am actually asking for is providing an interface making looking for these players more easy. I am still surprised that they put in an anti-spam system and providing no QoL-compliant way of finding players.

On a different note they really should learn to respect worst case scenarios. If someone disconnects or has to go then it's over for your group or that person. That dialog after the run is very annoying. If two in the group click not ready while the rest says it is then your group will split into two groups. That way point system inside the dungeon should auto-resurrect people who were left behind. This method where everyone has to die in order to reset the group to a living state because someone fell down in a jumping puzzle is not a fun solution and nor is punishing that individual.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the group issue would go a lot smoother if they allowed a one-up one-down mixing.

Say you're looking for a lvl7 Fractal. It would help to be able to select people on lvl6 and people on lvl8 as well. These lvl6's and lvl8's would gain their next difficulty level at the end. Sure this system could potentially allow a player to always do content one lvl below him, but there should be enough situations where he does content one lvl above his own that it should average out. That said...if a lvl11 player does the lvl7 fractal he would not gain the bonus lvl as he did content far below his current.

At least it would allow:
    LF1M 6-7-8 Fractal.

Instead of:
    LF2M lvl6 Fractal
    LF1M lvl7 Fractal
    LF3M lvl8 Fractal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    I think the group issue would go a lot smoother if they allowed a one-up one-down mixing.

Say you're looking for a lvl7 Fractal. It would help to be able to select people on lvl6 and people on lvl8 as well. These lvl6's and lvl8's would gain their next difficulty level at the end. Sure this system could potentially allow a player to always do content one lvl below him, but there should be enough situations where he does content one lvl above his own that it should average out. That said...if a lvl11 player does the lvl7 fractal he would not gain the bonus lvl as he did content far below his current.

At least it would allow:
    LF1M 6-7-8 Fractal.

Instead of:
    LF2M lvl6 Fractal
    LF1M lvl7 Fractal
    LF3M lvl8 Fractal
    Any one from lv 10 can do any single difficulty BELOW lv 10, so that's why when people try to forum groups for lv 5 and lower you only need to send one message before you're swarmed by people wanting to go and you need to start fighting them off with a broom.... The issue for a group only really starts to show up when you get to the double digits...

@People complaining about groups, i have to be one of THE MOST casual players on this entire forum and i have no issue keeping up with my group on fractals, then again, my group isn't a bunch of pricks and they'll all go down to my level so i can get higher despite being on lv 15 i believe... so i really have no idea how some of you are having issues with all of this... I'd suggest trying to find a guild that's not filled with a bunch of elitist jack asses that are to good to help those "lesser folk" who can't play as much as them to get to higher fractals.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I'm rather sad that the game seems to be turning into a lobby based game. I had hopes on this one finally being an open world mmo. If I wanted a lobby game, I would have stuck with gw1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'm rather sad that the game seems to be turning into a lobby based game. I had hopes on this one finally being an open world mmo. If I wanted a lobby game, I would have stuck with gw1.
    Idk what you're talking about... I spend 99% of my game time just roaming the world and i seem to be making -more- money then all of my friends who spend all their time in dungeons and play at least three times as much as i do... Hell, i don't even go to orr (that place is dead both literally and figuratively and i'm not surprised... it's not a very nice place and it makes me cry....), and if the game was truly becoming a lobby based game i don't think there'd be as many people out in the world as there are...

Keep in mind, a lot of the people standing in LA yelling LFG/LFM for FotM are the same people that stood in LA and constantly yelled LFG/LFM for <insert original dungeon name here> and just aren't grasping the whole "Open World" thing.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Well I haven't played a lot lately and when I have there is absolutely no one in the world. In the past week I think I saw one other person.

But LA has been in overflow the whole time. People are screaming for groups there which is fine I suppose. The reward structure is overwhelmingly tainted towards running dungeons, which is why the game has turned to the way it is.

They have crafted a wonderful world, I just feel that it is a shame that it isn't really being used. I go back to my original point (stated when the game came out) that dungeons should have never been put into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I haven't played a lot lately and when I have there is absolutely no one in the world. In the past week I think I saw one other person.

But LA has been in overflow the whole time. People are screaming for groups there which is fine I suppose. The reward structure is overwhelmingly tainted towards running dungeons, which is why the game has turned to the way it is.

They have crafted a wonderful world, I just feel that it is a shame that it isn't really being used. I go back to my original point (stated when the game came out) that dungeons should have never been put into the game.
    If dungeons weren't in the game even -I- would get bored and I find enjoyment in aimlessly wandering around, and if you're trying to find people you need to know where to look, there are some zones that are nearly empty (Mount Maelstrom for example) where others like kessex and gendaran are heavily populated a good amount of the time.

And I have yet to see LA -not- in overflow and people -not- standing in there screaming for groups...

I think they should put in some Zaishen type of dailies, get people back into the world.

One thing that would help immensely, and doesn't seem too hard to put in, is to improve the social tools. Link the chats from zones and areas. Linking all of the city chats together would spread out the population to other towns.

I mean for all that Anet is great at world building, they are sorely lacking in some other areas of game development.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should put in some Zaishen type of dailies, get people back into the world.

One thing that would help immensely, and doesn't seem too hard to put in, is to improve the social tools. Link the chats from zones and areas. Linking all of the city chats together would spread out the population to other towns.

I mean for all that Anet is great at world building, they are sorely lacking in some other areas of game development.
    I really don't see where they're lacking although I wouldn't mind a City chat to be added onto the chats, I spend most of my city time in either The Grove or Divinities Reach, so it'd allow me to be in the cities I like and still look for a group (love LA granted, it's just not my favorite)

I mean lacking in some functionality features. As an example, why didn't they just put in the GW1 message board system for their LFG tool, and then have that message board global. Simple things like that would make the quality of life in the game so much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean lacking in some functionality features. As an example, why didn't they just put in the GW1 message board system for their LFG tool, and then have that message board global. Simple things like that would make the quality of life in the game so much better.
    -_-' they do have the LFG message board... That's the problem, no one either knows about it or uses it, and like on GW2 the LFG board is for that map, if people would just -use- the system it'd be better...

PS: it's under your social tab, so hit Y

Or even like a LFG and Trade chat tabs... also GW1 staples.

Those are the things that are actually "clunky" about the game. In contrast to stupidity and nonsense that label is slapped on by low gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    -_-' they do have the LFG message board... That's the problem, no one either knows about it or uses it, and like on GW2 the LFG board is for that map, if people would just -use- the system it'd be better...

PS: it's under your social tab, so hit Y

I know what's there, I've used it since the beta weekends. Thing is, it is woefully put in. It seems like an intern put it in there over a weekend. The tool needs to have more information available for it, such as what you are LFG for, and it also needs to be global, not just for the local map.

15+ Year Old Account
    A global spam-free LFG feature would allow you to enjoy the open world more for sure and would also convey the impression of playing a modern MMO. That feature should allow you to select dungeon with selected path or fractal with a selected level range and also allow to say with which character you want to go there.

I have no issues with waiting for things longer as it is an accepted risk of playing without guild and only at certain times as long as there is a way around this. However I can understand players who see this as an issue and nasty byproduct of the very much loathed vertical content progression because it doesn't feel like the GW2 they originally signed up for. In my opinion it's only a slow process in the beginning that way and gets faster the higher your level as it will be frequented by more players. The one thing you should bring with you when doing fractals is time and patience in my opinion. It's possible to speedrun one of them I guess(!) but certainly not one of those like the Underground facility - maybe as a coordinated group but that would be amazing.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Got my first ascended ring - Circle of Light