Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ...
21
29
30
31
32
33
LastLast
  1. #601
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's always when you don't know what it is is when you get it.

    I didn't know you used it to craft back pieces and just looted a random mob on my first fractals run and got it. Wondering wtf it does.
    Lol so THAT'S what it's for!! I thought it was for an infusion or something, now I'm even happier I decide not to just give it to that guy!!

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 09:35 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Requiemcliff View Post
    I've been enjoying the fractal system, but it managed to really tick me off, for some reason when I go in on my engineer (Not my warrior, not my mesmer, just the engineer) my entire computer crashes on me.

    I did a good 10 or so Fractal dungeons, but the game hates my engineer apparently :P
    Lol is your engineer an asura? Because if so... All makes sense!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  2. #602
    Lol so THAT'S what it's for!! I thought it was for an infusion or something, now I'm even happier I decide not to just give it to that guy!!
    I'm only at level 3 but I got 2 so far XD

  3. #603
    spent about 2 hours in LA looking for a party for lv1. Without luck.
    Logged out.

  4. #604
    The Patient KelaniScar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    240
    These are pretty awesome, and usually really well put together and involved.





    Small example of what you're looking at. They get progressively harder too, fun fun fun!
    Last edited by KelaniScar; 2012-11-22 at 09:53 PM.

  5. #605
    Dreadlord Scyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    911
    I've only done level 1 so far, but from what I saw in there I liked the dungeons. They require good team effort which I enjoyed. What I don't like is that it is kind of mandatory for you to do it and now the open world feels so lonely because everyone is doing the dungeon and nothing else.

  6. #606
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    I've only done level 1 so far, but from what I saw in there I liked the dungeons. They require good team effort which I enjoyed. What I don't like is that it is kind of mandatory for you to do it and now the open world feels so lonely because everyone is doing the dungeon and nothing else.
    Since their isn't really a gear grind that'll wear off in 2/3 weeks trust me
    it's still fresh so people play it allot (so do i) but as soon as i reach level 10 or something i'll slow down prob ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    But do they have data showing how much fun players are having? Because surely that's what counts. You could have a game where only 1% of players can do the top raid but still everybody's having fun, and you could have a game where 100% of the players see everything but they're all bored and whining and quitting. Fun can't be quantified with straight-up data, and trying to use statistics to measure fun is a dangerous logical minefield.
    "The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

  7. #607
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    Since their isn't really a gear grind that'll wear off in 2/3 weeks trust me
    it's still fresh so people play it allot (so do i) but as soon as i reach level 10 or something i'll slow down prob ^^
    lvl 20+ has rare ascended weapons with unique skins rivaling legendarys apparently.

  8. #608
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    lvl 20+ has rare ascended weapons with unique skins rivaling legendarys apparently.
    I thought they hadn't put in ascended weapons yet.

  9. #609
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    umm no offense dude but those players arent going to come back to a game whereby they bought it based on the premise of it all being an even playing field. anet lied, pure and simple and if you think bits of gear is going to lure them back well, you're wrong.

    gw2 is dying faster than swtor. and i called it when i said anet were shouting 'we are the best' and they'd fail to deliver. and look whats happening. its all been planned man, dont kid yourself. why else do you think DR wasnt in any of the betas? then was stealthed in 2 weeks after launch? because they got their sales didnt they, they can now do whatever they want. if it was in the betas people would have thought twice about buying a game that claimed to be against grind, allowing you to play your way only to find nazi like impositions in place regarding how content is dealt if you wish to farm.

    love or hate it, wow never bullshitted about what it was. we dont or have i ever heard 'omg we are the best, we have no grind' crap. anet, are like amway, very clever at fooling the weak minded.
    Why are you still at it? Give it up already. We get it, you don't like GW2, move on. Seriously, you are obsessed.

  10. #610
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I thought they hadn't put in ascended weapons yet.
    They posted somewhere (it's lost now in the archives) that it's a rare drop chance. Above level 20.

  11. #611
    Stood in the Fire Cyphran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SK
    Posts
    361
    saw one linked last night. Apparently someone on IoJ fot the Ascended Hammer. It has a dps range, but no stats. Seems purely cosmetic.

  12. #612
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    I've only done level 1 so far, but from what I saw in there I liked the dungeons. They require good team effort which I enjoyed. What I don't like is that it is kind of mandatory for you to do it and now the open world feels so lonely because everyone is doing the dungeon and nothing else.
    Empty except for when they do 1 time events in new zones.

  13. #613
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Empty except for when they do 1 time events in new zones.
    Then the new zones become empty because they don't release content for it after the 1 time events and claim they will release "more" in a few months. Making half the mini expansion a slap in our faces.

    Also fractals has 2 rings. Shit aint required for nothing but higher lvl fractals (you can get away with 0 agony resist up to lvl 20).

  14. #614
    I did fractals last night and it was a boat load of fun. Very happy with it.

  15. #615
    Stood in the Fire Cyphran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SK
    Posts
    361
    They are pretty fun. I believevthere is one I have not yet encountered.

  16. #616
    Herald of the Titans Ravenblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany - Thuringia
    Posts
    2,705
    Fractals are indeed the redeeming feature of that patch as I had hoped and they are pretty fun. They still need to fix some issues like D/C issues. Dialog popping up in your face when boss is killed. And parties who did not vote ready apparently get split up instead of the entering of the instance being aborted. Otherwise there's a good mix of challenges in there.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) @ Sylvanas EU (retired) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

    My Deus Ex:HR soundtrack mixes
    [FLAC version (3.5 GB)]

  17. #617
    Just did it last night for the first time it was really good, one of the best dungeons in GW2 I think.
    When in doubt, mumble...

  18. #618
    Fractals have been really fun, our group is at level 10 right now - it's still not too difficult, zero wipes so far (other than the game bugging out and forcing us to wipe, to reset at a checkpoint). First time I've been interested in PvE other than levelling and map completion. I've picked up 2 20 slot boxes from it, get a ton of rares to salvage for ectos. Surprised that the price for ectos has been going UP despite how many you get from fractals.

    Not sure when you get the ascended stuff.. assume they're random drops from the chests?

  19. #619
    Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
    Fractals have been really fun, our group is at level 10 right now - it's still not too difficult, zero wipes so far (other than the game bugging out and forcing us to wipe, to reset at a checkpoint). First time I've been interested in PvE other than levelling and map completion. I've picked up 2 20 slot boxes from it, get a ton of rares to salvage for ectos. Surprised that the price for ectos has been going UP despite how many you get from fractals.

    Not sure when you get the ascended stuff.. assume they're random drops from the chests?
    I think you need a "vial of the acended" to drop then you make it in the mystic forge unless I'm mistaken...
    When in doubt, mumble...

  20. #620
    Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
    Fractals have been really fun, our group is at level 10 right now - it's still not too difficult, zero wipes so far (other than the game bugging out and forcing us to wipe, to reset at a checkpoint). First time I've been interested in PvE other than levelling and map completion. I've picked up 2 20 slot boxes from it, get a ton of rares to salvage for ectos. Surprised that the price for ectos has been going UP despite how many you get from fractals.

    Not sure when you get the ascended stuff.. assume they're random drops from the chests?
    At level 10 you get a chance to get an extra chest with a chance to have the ascended rings in it. The only ascended gear atm is backslot which is crafted and rings. There are ascended weapons at level 20 but its really rare.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •