Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Pretty much this... i remember them saying in an interview that exotics would be best "at launch" gear, and i like how people are flipping tables and screaming about how those 2 rings with that 3 stat difference are only available in that one instance so OH GOD!! NOW SOMEONE CAN OUTGEAR ME IN PVP HURHURDUR!!

I'm going to just wait and see where this goes... and jesus people calm your tits, there will without a doubt be a crafting recipie for jewelers later, the whole ascension gear is likely only in this dungeon FOR NOW.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 08:59 AM ----------

In GW2 you can complete explo mode dungeons wearing lv 16 rares because items of your weight level never dropped!! YAY RANDOM DROPS!!
    I'm more concerned with the agony system. I hope it's not an excuse to make the boss encounters the same as we have now in exploreables. I don't even do explorables anymore the fights are just awful and trash is harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Elekial View Post
    From June 19th 2012:
    We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional, so those who find it fun to chase this prestigious gear can do so, but those who don’t are just as powerful and get to have fun too.
    http://www.arena.net/blog/is-it-fun-...asures-success
    Glad someone else found that, this is pretty much how I feel too.

And the official forums have me scratching my fucking head at this. "ITS ONLY 10 STATS" "ITS ONLY TWO SLOTS RIGHT NOW"... I just, I don't get it. Of course, the only response from ANet is a swift automated forum lock.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    ehm....just play the game but don't buy gems in the shop? The beauty of GW2 is, you can play the game without really helping the developers. Well, beauty might be the wrong term...
    But I like costumes in the gem store, and what about expansions then? Should I just stay behind? Not being able to go to new content?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'm more concerned with the agony system. I hope it's not an excuse to make the boss encounters the same as we have now in exploreables. I don't even do explorables anymore the fights are just awful and trash is harder.
    They seem to be campaigning that it's all of their learned things about explos rolled into one dungeon, and it seems agony will only plague us on the higher difficulty levels, so I have a feeling agony is just to gate us from the stupid hard encounter difficulties and create an illusionary carrot for people who like to chase those things.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Glad someone else found that, this is pretty much how I feel too.

And the official forums have me scratching my fucking head at this. "ITS ONLY 10 STATS" "ITS ONLY TWO SLOTS RIGHT NOW"... I just, I don't get it. Of course, the only response from ANet is a swift automated forum lock.
    24 hours, 4165 posts, 42623 views. That thread is going places

5 stats, 10 stats, 5%, 7%, 2 slots, 19 slots, it doesn't matter, really. If they keep adding 2 slots each week, or each month, or what they now will do, it will become a gear treadmill, which makes me sad. So it doesn't matter if it is +2 stats only, overtime it will become more, and if it seriously is needed to be able to do dungeon content, it goes against what they have been talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    That's the thing though I don't feel the dungeons are gonna get any better just more of the same, of course the gear progression crowd wont care after all they're getting an upgrade.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Who said anything about PvP? /boggle

The whole "same dungeon you got it in" thing still isn't relevant, either. Not sure why people keep acting like it just makes it all ok.
    Um, you're complaining about resist gear? If you don't want to go into the depths of the same 9 instances on a harder difficulty then DON'T that's all you need it for...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Well I'm slightly upset to say the least after reading the blog post. It's LOTRO radiance all over again :/ I'd be completely fine with Agony if you could use it on your current sets of gear, like how it used to be, if you could get it from completing something. Adding another gear set exclusively and more powerful, regardless of how many stats it gives, it's still more powerful. I can see a split player base starting to arise in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avuun View Post
    Well I'm slightly upset to say the least after reading the blog post. It's LOTRO radiance all over again :/ I'd be completely fine with Agony if you could use it on your current sets of gear, like how it used to be, if you could get it from completing something. Adding another gear set exclusively and more powerful, regardless of how many stats it gives, it's still more powerful. I can see a split player base starting to arise in my opinion.
    yes this is pretty much it amazing how people aren't getting it, by doing this the whole design philosophy goes a full 360 and now only the instance content is gonna matter. De's which could use improvement are more or less gonna become obsolete, basically there wont even be any reason to do non instanced content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avuun View Post
    It seems a bit shady and a slippery slope here. They've lured in the players that thought there is no gear treadmill and now A-net says it's time to branch out to the player market who seek gear upgrade progression? Sounds like corporate shenanigans to me it's an interesting scenario atm and I'm curious what the outcome will be.

The stats being minor and barely noticeable is irrelevant. The feeling of being able to max out your toon optimally without much effort and through many means will be gone.

They wanted all the end-game grinds to reward cosmetic upgrades, and that was one of the main selling points. If they wanted to stay true to the foundations of the game they would reward awesome looking exotics, not upgrades, regardless of how minor they actually will be upgrades.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    It seems a bit shady and a slippery slope here. They've lured in the players that thought there is no gear treadmill and now A-net says it's time to branch out to the player market who seek gear upgrade progression? Sounds like corporate shenanigans to me it's an interesting scenario atm and I'm curious what the outcome will be.
    I honestly feel as though they've had this planned for a while and are testing the water so to speak with just the jewellery being affected at the minute and then see how things go from there. Well , you can certainly see that it hasn't been well received. It's worrying as it's going to cause numerous problems for the future if it doesn't get a reasonable fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    yes this is pretty much it amazing how people aren't getting it, by doing this the whole design philosophy goes a full 360 and now only the instance content is gonna matter. De's which could use improvement are more or less gonna become obsolete, basically there wont even be any reason to do non instanced content.
    Wouldn't it be a 180?

I would be very surprised if the instances were the only way to get the ascended gear. They are adding 200 crafting recipes so I'm sure that the new gear level is a part of that.

About the infusion, well I hope it doesn't bite them in the ass like it did in Lotro. Why didn't they just implement it like they did in GW where you could infuse any armor. Make a quest out of it or put it in a mission/dungeon where you could get your current armor infused. Or add crafting elements to where you could add infused slots to you armor. The way they are doing as it is just seems contrary to what they have been preaching that their game is about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Wouldn't it be a 180?

I would be very surprised if the instances were the only way to get the ascended gear. They are adding 200 crafting recipes so I'm sure that the new gear level is a part of that.

About the infusion, well I hope it doesn't bite them in the ass like it did in Lotro. Why didn't they just implement it like they did in GW where you could infuse any armor. Make a quest out of it or put it in a mission/dungeon where you could get your current armor infused. Or add crafting elements to where you could add infused slots to you armor. The way they are doing as it is just seems contrary to what they have been preaching that their game is about.
    It does say the ascended gear will only be available in the instance, this isn't good because they are simple catering to the crowd who never cared about the game in the 1st place, with this change there's almost no reason to even keep playing.

Right but it is only two pieces of ascended gear I believe. Rings and the back slot. I'm talking about in the future I'm pretty positive that there will be multiple ways of getting the gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right but it is only two pieces of ascended gear I believe. Rings and the back slot. I'm talking about in the future I'm pretty positive that there will be multiple ways of getting the gear.
    There may be, its still not a good way to start however I still feel it will ultimately make the world events obsolete, though I am looking at this from the worst case scenario where the dungeons haven't really been improved, and this gear only serves as a buffer for an artificial rise in difficulty.

Well if they do only make the gear available through instances only then they will be going against one of their design objectives. They were determined not to have exclusivity in the game, it's one of the main reasons why they said there would be no raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if they do only make the gear available through instances only then they will be going against one of their design objectives. They were determined not to have exclusivity in the game, it's one of the main reasons why they said there would be no raids.
    That's what the uproar is about, because that's what they are doing with this dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most friends that left gw2 are taking a look back after this announcement, maybe it's cattering for a major audience (not saying it's better, just stating it).

So those people can leave again in a week? It's a really bad idea to pander to that crowd in my opinion.