Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I got a sudden chill that I just stepped on a land mine.
    No rage like e-rage!

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    No rage like e-rage!
    why not d-rage?

10+ Year Old Account
    I got one in lvl 1 as well... I thought they were pretty common.

Lucky me... I needed a good back piece.

Oh I have 3 so far... are these rare? Doesn't seem like they're all *that* rare, and besides the hard part of the recipes is the ectos.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Oh I have 3 so far... are these rare? Doesn't seem like they're all *that* rare, and besides the hard part of the recipes is the ectos.
    I just got hosed I guess Though funny you mention it, I got lots of ectos for doing it, but no vial lol.

Now who's making assumptions. Ascended gear instantly means that they're going to make new tiers every 2 months! Get over it.
    WarCraft makes new tiers every 8-12 months. Still is a game with no hard cap on their gear.

ArenaNet is stretching out their first new tier to alleviate concerns of "omg gear grind" but they have, as a fact stated that there will be a complete set, and as we go on further, Legendaries (both weapons and armor) will always be scaled up to whatever current max stats are. We know as a fact that once we get to a full set, they are looking at ways to help people "catch up, with complementary Ascended slots" (Badges of Justice gear) as they look forward with their "Continued Progression Initiative".

We also know that people who hard cap with nothing to upgrade apparently get bored and go off searching other games. Now this is not fact, but this is not a big leap for anyone with logic: What's going to happen to these people that feel like getting new skins once they're fully geared out in Ascended (especially as it gets easier as we go along)? They're going to run out of things to do, because "skins as progression is boring" for these people.

They have every reason to make an additional tier when that finally happens. Because the community has already mass accepted it, anyone voicing any opposition is QQ'ing and obviously doesn't know wtf they're talking about, and they need to keep these upgrade chasers, as having them along helps the idea that their servers are not just active, but very very alive. When they start feeling less alive, even a little, people panic and start jumping ship fast, making them actually be dead (Perception predates reality, always, in these situations).

They've spelled out exactly that there will be a gear treadmill, how it's going to work for the next few months, that it will be going further, but that it's stretched out for an extended period of time suddenly makes it less of a gear treadmill, ignoring the hard-ceiling cap on power that the game was heralded for. People gloss over it, say "OMG NOT SO BAD" doesn't change the fact that it is what it is. And it is gear progression. And in 8-10 months when Majestic gear (or as GuildCast put it, the "Double Ascended" gear) is previewed, people like Durz will again say "It's okay, just so long as this time it's the last time".
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I just got hosed I guess Though funny you mention it, I got lots of ectos for doing it, but no vial lol.
    I just got another one.

I don't think they are rare :/

Deleted
    lvl 20? isn't htat like...60 fractals + 10 bonsu boss fractals?

If it's correct that you have start from lvl 1 again per week...thats a freakish amount of time you have to grind through this ting only to start where you left off

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    lvl 20? isn't htat like...60 fractals + 10 bonsu boss fractals?

If it's correct that you have start from lvl 1 again per week...thats a freakish amount of time you have to grind through this ting only to start where you left off
    is this true ?
    that would suck donkey balls :x i was hoping i could take my time (months lol) to get to fractal lvl 20
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    WarCraft makes new tiers every 8-12 months. Still is a game with no hard cap on their gear.

ArenaNet is stretching out their first new tier to alleviate concerns of "omg gear grind" but they have, as a fact stated that there will be a complete set, and as we go on further, Legendaries (both weapons and armor) will always be scaled up to whatever current max stats are. We know as a fact that once we get to a full set, they are looking at ways to help people "catch up, with complementary Ascended slots" (Badges of Justice gear) as they look forward with their "Continued Progression Initiative".

We also know that people who hard cap with nothing to upgrade apparently get bored and go off searching other games. Now this is not fact, but this is not a big leap for anyone with logic: What's going to happen to these people that feel like getting new skins once they're fully geared out in Ascended (especially as it gets easier as we go along)? They're going to run out of things to do, because "skins as progression is boring" for these people.

They have every reason to make an additional tier when that finally happens. Because the community has already mass accepted it, anyone voicing any opposition is QQ'ing and obviously doesn't know wtf they're talking about, and they need to keep these upgrade chasers, as having them along helps the idea that their servers are not just active, but very very alive. When they start feeling less alive, even a little, people panic and start jumping ship fast, making them actually be dead (Perception predates reality, always, in these situations).

They've spelled out exactly that there will be a gear treadmill, how it's going to work for the next few months, that it will be going further, but that it's stretched out for an extended period of time suddenly makes it less of a gear treadmill, ignoring the hard-ceiling cap on power that the game was heralded for. People gloss over it, say "OMG NOT SO BAD" doesn't change the fact that it is what it is. And it is gear progression. And in 8-10 months when Majestic gear (or as GuildCast put it, the "Double Ascended" gear) is previewed, people like Durz will again say "It's okay, just so long as this time it's the last time".
    I don't think this will happen. What I do think will happen is the level cap will be increased with the expansion. People will run through the same process but with higher level items. Max level and full exotics in a month, 2-3 months in, the ascended items for that level will be added. Legendaries will be automatically upgraded.

Yes, it's a form of gear progression. Is there anything in the game that you can't do with blues and greens? No.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I don't think this will happen. What I do think will happen is the level cap will be increased with the expansion. People will run through the same process but with higher level items. Max level and full exotics in a month, 2-3 months in, the ascended items for that level will be added. Legendaries will be automatically upgraded.

Yes, it's a form of gear progression. Is there anything in the game that you can't do with blues and greens? No.
    That's what I think too. until there are ascended items fpr every slot in the game, we will already approach a real expansin, and I always thought that an expansion will come with a lvl increase, and thus, with an item increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a sudden chill that I just stepped on a land mine.
    You should've heard the ass hole clenched screams coming from the guy who was on lv 13 when I got mine off of THE FIRST mob I killed in there xD, I linked it in chat asking "what's this do?" Ohohoho boy, was there anger!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    You should've heard the ass hole clenched screams coming from the guy who was on lv 13 when I got mine off of THE FIRST mob I killed in there xD, I linked it in chat asking "what's this do?" Ohohoho boy, was there anger!!
    I got 2 in the same run, the rest of the group was not amused. I on the other hand, was having a blast haha
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    That's what I think too. until there are ascended items fpr every slot in the game, we will already approach a real expansin, and I always thought that an expansion will come with a lvl increase, and thus, with an item increase.
    In GW1 there was no lv increase (which was awesome) but Anet said that they would really like to raise the level cap with each expansion for GW2, although this saddens me, it's more I hope they're not gonna go with the wow approach and make those new lvs give more traits and blah blah blah, I hope we get a different system to work with from lvs 80-90 or w/e
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I've been enjoying the fractal system, but it managed to really tick me off, for some reason when I go in on my engineer (Not my warrior, not my mesmer, just the engineer) my entire computer crashes on me.

I did a good 10 or so Fractal dungeons, but the game hates my engineer apparently :P

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    It's always when you don't know what it is is when you get it.

I didn't know you used it to craft back pieces and just looted a random mob on my first fractals run and got it. Wondering wtf it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's always when you don't know what it is is when you get it.

I didn't know you used it to craft back pieces and just looted a random mob on my first fractals run and got it. Wondering wtf it does.
    Lol so THAT'S what it's for!! I thought it was for an infusion or something, now I'm even happier I decide not to just give it to that guy!!

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 09:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Requiemcliff View Post
    I've been enjoying the fractal system, but it managed to really tick me off, for some reason when I go in on my engineer (Not my warrior, not my mesmer, just the engineer) my entire computer crashes on me.

I did a good 10 or so Fractal dungeons, but the game hates my engineer apparently :P
    Lol is your engineer an asura? Because if so... All makes sense!

Lol so THAT'S what it's for!! I thought it was for an infusion or something, now I'm even happier I decide not to just give it to that guy!!
    I'm only at level 3 but I got 2 so far XD

10+ Year Old Account
    spent about 2 hours in LA looking for a party for lv1. Without luck.
    Logged out.

These are pretty awesome, and usually really well put together and involved.

Small example of what you're looking at. They get progressively harder too, fun fun fun!
    Last edited by KelaniScar; 2012-11-22 at 09:53 PM.