[Balance] Wind Lord Mel'Jarak P1

Hello fellow Moonkins!

I was wondering what's the best way to bomb the Adds in P1. I was multidotting the shit out of them, but couldn't rank higher than #25. And then I saw this log http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xx...?s=3864&e=4322

Obviously, he isn't multidotting as much, but rather uses Hurricane. And now I want to do similar DPS (if not higher) not for the rankings, but for myself, because I hate seeing myself at the lower end of the DPS meters.

But what is he doing exactly? I'm very bad at reading logs and I'm a newbie at analyzing them, so I look for some help! :s Could you tell me how he bombs?

My assumptions: 75 to Lunar, prepot + Starfall, Incarnation+NV, Hurricane, Starfall, Hurricane...15 seconds on CDs left: CA multidot everyone, Starfall once again, use that obscene mass of SS procs to get into Solar asap and then Hurricane again.

Does he ever stop using hurricane though?! I think after the first three adds dying he could (should?) switch to multidotting once again, at the very latest with only 1 group left. After dotting them up, does he continue with Hurricane?

Does he multidot the adds in between the hurricanes or is it simply channeling 24/7 until there are only 1 (2?) groups left?

Any help appreciated

Well it appears that he isn't hurricaning in lunar for when ur in lunar it turns into astral storm, so idk exactly what hes doing.

Deleted
    Try this:
    75 prelunar, prepot, starfall, starsurge, Incarnation + NV, dot all targets with MF (starfall when first one ends), hurricane til 15 sec left on Inc/NV, CA, dot all targets + starfall again, use starsurge procs to get to solar when CA ends, dot all targets that does not have SnF with SnF until NG is at 1 sec, hurricane if all targets have dots. Remember to recast Hurricane 1 sec b4 NG runs out. Now Hurricane until about 20-30 sec cd left on starfall or until first adds die. start dotting SnF and use starsurge procs/wraths to get to lunar, cast starfall at 75 prelunar. Dot everything with MF + starfall when first one runs out. use SF as filler but cast Astrall storm once at 1 sec left on NG. refresh all dots just before leaving lunar to get starsurge procs, push to solar and repeat.

I would love to use Starfall on this fight, but because it breaks cc's left right and center, I am very very reluctant.

Which brings me to my question, will starfall break Impaling Spear cc's?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    I would love to use Starfall on this fight, but because it breaks cc's left right and center, I am very very reluctant.

Which brings me to my question, will starfall break Impaling Spear cc's?
    No it doesnt. Starfall all You want.

Starfall is only interacting with targets that are "Active" in the fight,

If you apply the CC (Spears / Traps etc) Before the pull and refresh them before the CC ends, it keeps the 3/4mobs inactive and out of the fight so starfall will not activate on this target.

However, its been reported that Starfall is using up charges on these targets but just hitting the ground?! - Just stand more tha 40yrds away from them and your fine either way!

My concern was due to it still being buggy and hitting stuff thats not in combat/not in combat with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    My concern was due to it still being buggy and hitting stuff thats not in combat/not in combat with me.
    It's a 40 yard range, position yourself correctly and even if it does target inactive targets, you'll be too far away for it to.

I'd like to try that rotation gebuz, well thought out. But I think I would start the fight in solar. The damage buff of starfall in lunar vs hurricane in solar I think edges towards solar even if you get an extra starfall by going lunar.. I can't be sure tho until I try it...

Also if we went with your way to start in lunar, why wouldn't you hurricane at the end of nv/ca when one second is left on nature's grace/nv/ca? Not sure if hurricane would get the eclipse buff/natures vigil buff if they run out if you cast it 1 second before they run out but seems like it would be worth it if it does. I think I will test that tomorrow.